Best Friends

I Missed You

We were laughing and enjoying ourselves at the party. We told each other jokes and stories that we didn't give a thought about the time. I recognized that Miyake-san was nodding off to sleep at the corner of the room.

"Miyake-san, you'll catch a cold it you sleep here." I shook his shoulder.

Realizing that he fell asleep, I took the blanket I gave to him as a gift and put it on him so he won't catch a cold. I crouched in front of him and looked as his face.

I looked at the clock to see what time it was and saw that it was about time that we'd leave the place, so I patted Kei-niichan's shoulder. He looked up at me at a questioning face.

"It's about time niichan. It's getting late." I whispered into his ear.

Seeing me whispering to niichan, Okada-san spoke. "Okay guys, it's getting late. We should end this party around here. I hope you had fun tonight. You can leave."

Some of us were complaining.

"What about Ken-chan?" One of them said.

"He can stay."

Is it because he's part of V6?

"Yes. Now go. Shoo shoo." Okada-san gestured us to leave with his hand.

 

--------------------

 

"Niichan, did you have fun today?" I looked up at him as we walked in the cold.

"It was really fun. I was really surprised in your talent. Tell me about my future too when we get home?" He smiled at me.

"You sure you want to know?"

"Don't try to scare me like that. Of course I want to know." He put his hand on my head.

"Kei-niichan, do you think ghosts and spirits are real? Do you think heaven and hell exist? Will I be able to meet my brother and my parents again?"

"To be honest, I never really gave a thought about it. Now that I think about it, I think I might as well believe in those things. It wouldn't hurt would it?"

"If I were you, I would have given the same answer. I think it's worth believing. It's better to be hurt finding out that something didn't exist rather than finding out that it existed. And, I feel like I've met my mother's soul before. She was smiling at me."

"She must've been happy that you're doing well. I think she was worried about you because she passed away along with your father at the accident. She was probably sorry that she wasn't and still isn't here for you to care and give her love to you."

"Kei-niichan, do you expect me to do the right thing all the time? Like, making the right choice? I sometimes wish that I could do better."

"Of course I don't. You're never 100% correct. We all make mistakes unless you're God. I think it's impossible to make the choice everyone can be happy of. As long as you make the best choice for the person, I think that's good enough. It also depends on the situation. Just make the best choice you can ever think of."

We arrived at Kei-niichan's place. He opened the door for me and I entered.

"You want to go and take a bath first?"

"Is it okay? I'm sorry. I'm always the first one to be going in."

"Oh, no. Don't worry about it. I have things to work on anyways."

"Is that so? Then allow me to go in."

 

--------------------

 

"Ponta! Get over here. I'll show you something interesting. We'll have so much fun doing this." I called from up the stairs.

He came running up and I opened the door to my room. We both walked in. I showed him a picture of KAT-TUN and asked which one his favorite was. He used his paw to show which one. He was quite clever. I showed him a few pictures of other groups. I tried increasing the number of people in the group to see who he'd choose.

I showed a picture of AKB48 and he took a moment to think. He didn't choose anyone. Instead, he got off the bed and sat on my lap. I showed him a picture of Morning Musume and he didn't react one bit.

Instead of idol pictures, I started showing him pictures of announcers. He'd slap the screen with his tail every time I showed two female for him to choose but used his paw and showed which one he liked when it was two male.

"Ponta you're just like me! How about cats? Do you want to marry and have kids? What do you think? You want to go on an adventure to find your wife?" He meowed at me. "It's a deal. We're going tomorrow. Hand."

Ponta put his paw on my hand as if to agree with me on the idea.

I took my cards and went down the stairs and he followed.

"Hey, Kei-niichan! Don't you think Ponta should be getting married soon?"

"Why are you asking me so sudden? Does he want to?"

"Yeah, I just asked him and he agreed. We thought about going out on a search tomorrow. What do you think about this idea?"

"Haha, that's really funny. Stop fooling around."

"No, I'm serious. We're both serious about this. We're like best friends. We understand each other more than you think! We were just having a conversation on this. Right Ponta?" I looked down at him, who was sitting right by my foot.

"Your imagination is endless, it's amazing."

"What are you saying? It's just that you're being realistic. Sir Ponta here, is an intelligent cat. Here, I'll show you. We even share similar interests." I took my phone out. "Here, Ponta. You're going to choose which person you like out of the people in the picture like we just did back in my room okay? Watch carefully, niichan. You'll be so surprised in how much we have in common."

I showed him pictures of people again and Ponta would point. Knowing what kind of people I like, Kei-niichan was surprised in who Ponta was choosing. Then I asked Ponta the same question I asked back when we were in my room. I put my hand out and he slapped my hand with his paw as if to high-five me like a little child would.

"Woah, I never knew he had such talent. Was this all planned?"

"No way, this is what happens when we sleep together all the time. I always talk to him and he'd always listen to my stories. So, will you allow us to go out tomorrow? Ponta and me I mean."

"Fine. But don't be out for too long both of you may catch a cold."

"Yes niichan. Oh, right. I was going to tell your future."

"Oh, is it possible for you to do it tomorrow instead?"

"Oh, um... Yeah, sure." I answered and left the place with Ponta following. "Hey Ponta, I secretly took pictures of Kei-niichan. You want to see? I didn't check them yet either."

I petted Ponta's small head when we sat on the bed.

I showed him the pictures and we laughed together. He snuggled with my face and my nose a few times. I smiled as I patted his back. I yawned and stretched.

"Ponta, I'm so tired. I'll leave the door somewhat opened for you. It's getting late and I want some sleep. Unless you want to stay with me, that's fine." I turned the lights off and jumped on bed.