You're Better Today

I Missed You

I took my phone in my hand as I rolled on my bed. I looked at some pictures I took with Arashi, not wanting to do anything throughout the day.

I don't want to go to work... Sakurai-san hasn't replied yet... What should I do...? Why did I act like that yesterday? Why did I make is so obvious?

I heard ringing in my ears and saw flashbacks of me at Ninomiya-san's house and Ohno-san at the door. I shut one eye trying to endure the pain at the back of my head.

Why does it have to be now? I really don't feel good about this. At least it's still light but... I can't deny the fact that it hurts...

I heard a knock on the door.

"Reechan? Don't you have work?"

Should I use a sick day? But I don't know when this thing will happen... I gotta be patient... I gotta endure it... There could be worse things out there waiting for me than what may happen...

Ponta started my face.

"Haha! Ponta! I got it. I'm getting out of bed. I'll go to work."

 

--------------------

 

I opened the door.

"Reechan, I know it's a bit of a sudden, but I'll be away for the music video of our single next year. Keep it safe and don't forget to close everything and lock the keys to each and every one of them."

"Oh, you're leaving this early? It's getting released next year."

"Yeah... We need to listen to the song and practice and such."

"Well... I guess I'll have to deal with it. I have to get going. See ya!"

I left the house as I waved.

"Wait, you need the keys!"

"Oh, right!" I ran back up to him for the keys and put it in my bag. "Now I'll go!"

"Be safe! Be careful of everything!" He yelled from behind.

 

--------------------

 

"Reena-chan, it looks like you're better today." Sakurai-san put his arm around my shoulders.

"Does it?" I looked up to his face.

"Yeah, you're smiling brighter and better than yesterday."

"Yoshimura! I'm relieved. You look better than last time."

"Oh, director! I apologize about yesterday with the countless number of mistakes."

"Don't worry about the mistakes. At least you're back to your usual self."

"Oh, thank you."

"Let's just get going. Sakurai, get your arm off of her. She needs to get prepared."

Sakurai-san put his hand on my head.

"I wonder what's with the change in mood... It's way too sudden." I heard Sakurai-san whisper to himself behind me.

"Sakurai-san, did you say something?" I looked around.

"Hm? Don't worry. I was just talking to myself."

"Is that so?" I smiled.

I walked to the private room to change into my costume. Tired, I took my top off. I ran my fingers through my hair as I breathed out. I stretched a bit and put on a hoodie, my signature.

I feel sick in this room. I feel like I'm getting choked.

I coughed and coughed and started tearing up. I heard someone rushing in.

"Reena-chan, are you okay? You're not sick are you?" Sakurai-san asked by my ear as he started rubbing my back.

I shook my head.

As I continued to cough, my stomach started to hurt. Sakurai-san handed me a newly opened bottle of water for me to drink. I drained some down my throat and panted.

"I'm sorry I worried you. I didn't mean to. Being in this room gives me a headache." I put one hand on his shoulder and the other to my head.

"Then I'll just have to take you away right?"

"I guess that's true." I grasped onto his clothing as we stood.

What's wrong here? It's like any other room in this building. But what makes this room so special? There's nothing good about this so far...

 

--------------------

 

"Reena-chan, aren't you hot in that?" Sakurai-san asked worried.

"Oh, no. Don't worry. It looks heavy, but it's a very light hoodie. I know the sun is high, but it's not that much of a big deal."

"Hey, look! Isn't that Sakurai-san and Yoshimura-san!? What are they doing together? Do you think they're on a date?" A woman passing by asked her friend.

"No way, are you kidding? Sakurai-san with Yoshimura-san? Yoshimura-san just joined the celebrity world recently. That's not possible. She wouldn't take such risk."

"I mean, they're walking and talking together so isn't it possible?"

"Shouldn't we tell someone?"

The conversation continued without our regard.

The director stopped us.

"Yoshimura, don't worry about what's going on around you. Just concentrate on the acting. This is all part of the plan. You want some people looking at you during this part."

"It is? Okay, I understand."

"Same goes for Sakurai. Don't worry about the others just because not even an year has passed since Yoshimura debuted. Time will fly quick like your 15 years did."

"Yes sir."

I wonder how 15 years felt for him. Now that I think about it, 15 was so long, and yet so short. I studied and studied, but I also worried and worried.

"Reena-chan, why are you smiling?"

"It isn't anything major. I gained some confidence. I don't understand myself. I'm able to give others advice but when it comes to myself, I don't know what I'm doing. I guess that's because I can only see my troubles as how I see it and not from another perspective. That's why people ask for help though." I looked up at the clear blue sky.

"Um, excuse me? Yoshimura-san? May we shake hands?" A highschool girl came up to me.

I smiled and took my hand out. "Of course."

"You're so small and cute in real life!"

"What are you saying? I'm not cute at all. You're cuter than I am."

"Me!? That makes me so happy. May I ask what this is for?"

"That is a secret. It's something I can't tell you."

"Are you and Sakurai-san on a date!?"

"Haha. No, we're not actually. We're friends. It may not look like it, but we've known each other for longer than anyone thinks except for my family."

"Amazing! I'm sorry to have bothered you during your work."

"Can you keep it a secret that we met here?"

"Yes, of course! As you please!" She said as we skipped away.

I sighed. "Fans are troublesome."

"But they're our support. Soon, you'd want to get noticed on your own instinct."

"That's just you Sakurai-san. That's just you. One fan can bring a whole crowd and this can become a scandal you know?"

"You've got a point."

The director stepped in between. "Okay, let's continue with the acting."