Tomorrow

I Missed You

"I finally finished!" I stretched my arms.

"It's so symmetrical! But the face is so funny! The lines are so sensitive. It looks like Nino when he's mad." He chucked with his hand on his stomach.

"You think so? You looked at mine so can I see yours?"

"That's so good. I can't show you mine after seeing that."

"Why is that?"

"Isn't normal? Wouldn't it be awkward if I show you mine after seeing yours?"

"What is normal?"

"Well, when you entered the jimusho for the first time since you came back from America, you were afraid. For you, Reena-chan, this may be normal. Fearing people you've met for the first time or places you've gone for the first time. Not only that, but maybe not being able to open up to people easily? If you think about it that way, you changed. I think, you are changing in a better way."

"I smiled. Interesting isn't it? And I like how you are saying something deep."

"You noticed? I tried to say something cool without trying to make it sound like I am trying to be cool though... I failed."

"Oh, and paint is going to get on your clothing."

"Sakurai-san looked down at his shirt." I peeked at his mask.

"That's an interesting mask."

"Ah, no! I fell for it!" He clicked his tongue. "But you know, I'm really relieved. I'm really relieved that you were able to open up to us. If you were the Reena-chan from nine months ago, I don't know what I would have done. I always thought and thought. I thought so seriously."

"I was able to come this far because of all the accidents that happened. Everyone listened to what I had to say and tried to understand my feelings. And, you and the others really took care of me years ago so I was able to open up quicker."

"I was really surprised when we found out that you were Tai-chan that time. If Aiba wasn't being stupid that time and didn't hit his head, we would have been the ones surprising you after."

"I was surprised that you were there even without the surprise. I looked out the window. It's getting dark out so shouldn't be leaving?"

"I still want to chat with you. I'm not a kid anymore."

"Maybe next time."

"There's one thing I want to ask before I leave. How did you meet with Ohno-san?"

"With Ohno-san? It was around this time of year back 22 years ago when I was about 5 years old. I was at the jimusho to visit Kei-niichan but I got lost. I was walking around and I bumped into Ohno-san who was walking with a blank face. That was the start of everything."

"So those kinds of fictional story like things actually happen in real life huh? So if you were 5 years old 23 years ago, you're turning 28 in a little more than a month."

"Oh, that's quick."

"You're still in your twenties. There's a 7 year difference with him?"

"About 6 or 7 years. That was the summer after his 13th birthday and it was also the summer I was going to turn 6."

"How was it like when you couldn't meet him?"

"Back then, I wanted the time to pass by quicker so I slept earlier and studied more, but after my parents passed away, I studied more and made time to draw manga to send you and when I noticed, I was here. I was really happy that I met you guys when we met for the first time in 15 years. I remember that I wanted to cry. One was because I was afraid but the other was because I was relieved. But now that I look back, I regret that I didn't enjoy my youth."

We left the room.

"If you enjoyed your youth, would you still have been in love with him? Didn't you attend a mixed school with both genders?"

"That is a good question. It is true that the school was a mixed school of both guys and girls. But even so, I still would have chose Ohno-san. I do not remember meeting anyone as great as Ohno-san. I've only been thinking about myself and keeping myself busy to graduate and succeed in life and I didn't have the time to think about other things. And I was even alone in the dorm. After all, Ohno-san was always my number one and I had no interest in other people. But I'm glad I did what I did." I wiped my tears before the staircase.

"I guess that's the correct answer. But I'm really surprised you were able to love him for the 15 years you couldn't meet him. Even Riida. I think this is what you really call destiny."

"Instead of destiny, it could be that it was chosen from way before we were born. I wish that it isn't destiny but something that was really meant to happen."

"You said a wish. This may be the first time I heard you say a wish."

"Really? I thought I say wishes more often."

"Well, I guess you do say wishes but I've never heard you say a wish for yourself. You usually wish things for other people, like happiness. So you really don't say wishes for yourself."

"I don't really understand. It's about myself and I don't really know." I smiled. "Well, see you tomorrow Sakurai-san."

Sakurai-san left the house from the front door as he waved at me.

I heard the dogs barking at the lawn. I left from the front and went around to see what the problem was and I saw them both excited.

Do they usually go for a walk at this time?

I smiled and asked if they wanted to go for a walk. They both barked affirmatively.

"I guess we’re going then." I said as I stood up.

 

--------------------

 

"Both of you, keep your calm. You'll hurt yourself if you rush."

"Eh, Reena-chan? What are you doing out here at this time?"

"They were barking that they wanted to go out for a walk so here I am."

"You had dogs?"

"Now I do." I chuckled.

"Do they have names unlike the cats?" He smiled.

"This one is Maki and the other one is John. What are you doing here at this time?"

"I was planning on looking for Nino's birthday present the whole day so I don't have anything to be doing right now."

"I apologize for kicking you out earlier then."

"No, you don't have to worry about it. I'm the one who invited myself."

"It's getting late so you should really get going. Be careful of fans and crazy people."

"Right back at you!"

 

--------------------

 

"Both of you are so energetic! I guess I'll need to start training myself again. Let's shampoo first thing tomorrow. You're all dirty." I chuckled as I petted them.

I went in the living room from the back to bring a big bowl for the dogs.

I filled the bowl with some water.

"Maki, I'm going to shampoo and condition you. Can you come here please?"

Maki walked over and hopped into the aluminum. I lightly put water on her and cleaned her. Maki hopped out when it was over and John followed.

"John! You're such an intelligent dog!" I said as I massaged him.

John sat down and relaxed in the bowl with his head out.

 

--------------------

 

"Sorry for the wait Nyanko! Here is your dinner. I'm tired so I'll get to bed. I hope I can meet Ohno-san tomorrow. We haven't met in quite a while."