Head Back

I Missed You

"Ohno-san!" I reached my arms out.

"How was it? How is he? Is he feeling better?"

"Ohno-san, I was so nervous. I was so afraid that I thought I wouldn't be able to meet you again. Miyake-san is completely fine. I don't think this would happen again. I hope." I was panting.

I stood up straight. I turned and ran. I jumped, I turned, and put my arms out. I looked up at my white breath with my hands behind my back.

Someone suddenly flicked my head. I put my hands on my head and turned to see who it was.

"Where were you?" Those were the first words.

I smiled slightly. "Now, now. What kind of greeting was that, Kanzaki-san?"

"Shouldn't it be Kanzaki-senpai?"

"What kind of senpai would flick my head instead of greeting me properly? And besides, I was way smarter than you, so shouldn't I be your senpai?"

"Where does that kind of logic come from?"

"Where does your logic come from? They don't even make sense. Well, I guess it's only normal because you're not as smart."

"Heh, yeah like you attended college and graduated. Do you even have a degree for anything?"

"Yeah I actually did attend and graduate with a degree for humanistic therapy. Wait, is there even a point in telling you since you don't even know what that is?"

"Don't look down on me."

"Why would I? You're taller than me. And just so you know. You're not intimidating at all."

"How about you just shut your mouth. I know who you like. You like Miyake Ken from V6 don't you?"

I grinned knowing where the conversation was heading towards. "Yeah I like him. As a person that is. His physical, mental, and spiritual states are quite interesting."

"This creep..."

Ignoring what she said, I continued to speak. "I want to take his brain and examine it."

"You give me the creeps. Anyways, don't you get close to Ohno Satoshi-san."

"San? You didn't put any honorifics to Miyake-san. You're so easy to tell. I bet you want him to be yours. That won't happen."

"You're so difficult to tell. Nobody knows what you're thinking. It's scary."

"Better than getting it all out there."

"What is your true color? Who are you really?"

"Who am I? I'm human of course. Just like you. I'm just another human being."

"Just don't get close to him!"

Keeping the grin on my face, I turned and headed towards Ohno-san. I took his arm and looked at her.

"I told you to stay away from him!"

"Oh my, you're so scary."

"Reena-chan, who is this?" Ohno-san asked.

"Her? She used to be my senpai when I was in middle school. But now, she's only an enemy."

"Stop talking as if I'm the bad guy. Oh, I am Kanzaki Makoto."

"You are the bad guy you two-faced."

"Yeah like that's the only face you have."

"Right. Because this is the only face I show you. I have no interest in you seeing the other ones. Unless you check the news or watch any other shows then oh well I can give up on that. But you won't know who I am at heart."

"Are you picking a fight on me?"

"Oh, I thought we were already fighting. You're the one who stated it. This is why I don't like people whose brain are more like muscles."

"How did I start it? It's because you my boyfriend away with your intelligence!"

"When did I do that? Sorry, I don't seem to remember. Remind me what happened would you? And you had a boyfriend?"

"It was back in middle school after a house was burned down. There's still an investigation on who did it. That's when I started going out with him. After an year, you appeared in our grade. You were antisocial and yet had the highest grades. He asked you for help instead of me."

"Yeah I guess I helped someone with school work. He was your boyfriend? How is that stealing? He's the one who approached me."

"You took him away with that knowledge of yours! He was always talking about how cool you were. You're younger than us and yet you were just so much smarter."

"Not my fault that you don't study enough. And is it okay for you to be saying those stuff? Especially in front of Ohno-san?" I reminded her.

She flinched.

"How about you? Are you fine with how you're acting?"

"Me? Why would I want to change who I am just for one person to like me? I only need one person to see and accept me as who I really am. That's enough."

"I hate that I always lose against you every single time. How can I win?"

"It's either you give up or keep on trying. Isn't it simple?"

"Well sorry I'm stupid and I don't know anything. I can't do anything about it."

"Why are you apologizing for who you are? There's no point in that. Didn't I say? If there's one person who will accept me for me, that's enough."

"Why would you give me advices? That's not like you. That's not the former kouhai I know."

"It's because you didn't take the time to look at me. It's no big deal."

"I never saw this side of you. It's a first. Hope to get to see more of you." I heard Ohno-san whisper into my ear.

"You can't say anything if he's the one who approached me can you?"

"But I've always been thinking about him. I went to quite a number of the concerts to be remembered. I wanted to be noticed."

"At least you can stay a fan. It's not the end of the world." I ran past her.

I started swinging my arms and yelling.

"I've never imagined arriving at this place seeing you like this."

"Taguchi-san, happy new year."

"Happy new year. Where is everyone else?"

"Everyone else? What do you mean? They should be here somewhere." I looked around.

"Ah, well. I guess it can't be helped. You want to go for a walk? I'm kinda lonely."

"Sure. I don't see why not."

We walked. Cars passed by. People walked by. Some greeted Taguchi-san. He said I was a friend instead of revealing who I was.

"I can't relax with people talking to me like this. I really want to talk with you."

"Would you like to exchange phone numbers then?" I suggested.

"Your work phone?"

"No, my own personal phone."

"But is that okay with you? With, you know. Won't your dear ones worry?"

"Why would they? I don't see a reason for them to worry. You're Taguchi-san. There's no reason for anyone to fear you. Unless you're a criminal, then that'll be a different story."

I took my phone out and exchanged numbers with Taguchi-san.

"I've been wondering..." Taguchi-san started. "What should I call you? Everyone either calls you by your first or last name except your cousin."

"You can just call me whatever you'd like. I don't really mind anything as long as it doesn't give anyone the wrong idea, I guess."

"Then, I'll just call you Yoshimura-san."

I chuckled. "Why did you ask then? I thought you asked because you had a nickname in mind."

"Oh, no. I mean I do. I just thought that I didn't know you enough to call you with a nickname yet."

"If you say so then I'll just wait for the time to come. Take as much time as you need." I checked my watch. "Shall we head back? The others may worry."