One More

I Missed You

"Niichan, did something happen?"

"You were safe and you're on your way on becoming stronger. You're becoming far stronger than I. Unlike me, you have the power to move on, but I'm just standing in the same place."

"But I won't leave you behind as long as you move forward too. I can't force you to come with me, but we can walk together, forward, where the future is."

"Even how you think changed so much. You're growing so much."

"Niichan, tell me everything. Your worries, your troubles, everything you're carrying on your own. If you keep your feelings to yourself, you think too much about it and it will overwhelm you. Look at you now. You've overwhelmed yourself and even now. You're overwhelmed."

"I'm not!"

"Why are you denying it? Explain to me, what's on your mind?" I questioned him as I looked straight into Kei-niichan's eyes. "You know you can trust me. Why don't you now?"

We sat down on the couch of the living room and he spoke the thoughts he had for the fifteen years I was gone and away. The fifteen years I couldn't be in Japan with him. He blamed himself for everything. He started crying because of the story he was telling and the alcohol in his system. He leaned his head against my shoulder. I put my arm around his back.

"Kei-niichan, I really think you shouldn't drink alcohol when you talk about these things. You always end up crying more than you mean to when you do. You sometimes cry at the smallest things with the alcohol in you. This time, I know you started crying at your own will, but this isn't like you. Keep hold of yourself. I'm glad you told me your worries though. Thank you. You have me with you now. You needed me so I'm here. You can call me whenever you need me to listen to what you have to say." I sighed not knowing what else to tell him about this matter.

I sat beside him for a while longer until we both fell asleep on the couch.

 

--------------------

 

I woke up in the middle of the night and realized that Kei-niichan was still sleeping with his head on my shoulder. I rearranged his body position so he'd be laying down on the couch. I brought a blanket and wrapped him with it to warm his body up.

I went up to my room and slept on my bed along with the little cats.

 

--------------------

 

I woke up in the morning and prepared for work. Kei-niichan was still sleeping on the couch when I was time for me to leave.

Should I wake him up or would he be fine as he is?

I walked towards him and sat in front of him. I shook him so he'd wake up.

"What is it?" He moaned.

"It's time for me to go. Don't push yourself."

"Yeah? Hope you have another great day."

"Don't push yourself!" I ran out.

 

--------------------

 

"I'm sorry I'm late!"

"I don't plan on hearing any excuses." The movie director told me.

"I don't have any excuses. I was simply late on leaving the house, leading me to missing my train to arrive here on time. I am really sorry for this delay."

"Well, I guess I can forgive you just this one time. It was only ten minutes."

I bowed.

"It's unusual for you to be late, especially by ten minutes. What happened?" Sakurai-san walked up to ask me from behind.

"I was listening to Kei-niichan last night and alcohol was in his system so he was crying as he was explaining his story. It took a bit of a while for him to finish since he was talking about what happened over the fifteen years I was gone."

"I can imagine him." He chuckled.

"Will we finish soon?"

"Just one more scene then we'll meet up again two or three years later for the small future part at the last five to ten minutes of the last episode."

"Just for the last few minutes? That sounds so fun."

"You're being sarcastic aren't you?"

"What if I was? What if I wasn't?" I smiled. "And besides, it's work and there are fans who would like to watch. I'm guessing that it's worth it. It's not like I minded. That means I have time for other business."

Sakurai-san smirked. "I remembered the time when we met for the first time in years last year and you were so reserved that you started crying."

"I wasn't crying that time! I was so scared but pumped up about the future that my eyes started sweating! I wasn't crying at all!"

"Don't get so mad. You know your lines?"

"Yes, I studied my lines on my way here. I'm just surprised we have to meet up again with these members and that everything until now was all a memory of the two protagonists who lost their memory. Reminds me of myself back in America. The purpose for all my studies was to meet Ohno-san and Kei-niichan. Of course it was for you too, but... Looking back, I wonder why I even went to college for my degree in humanistic therapy when I knew what I'd be doing with my life."

I overheard one of the staff saying to the other, "They get along well. I haven't seen her talk with someone with fun and such a natural smile. I haven't even heard her say anything for longer than five seconds putting aside the time length for the lines for dramas. I wonder if them dating is actually a truth or a lie since they didn't say anything about it."

"That is true. But didn't she rush into the room when that rumor was in the air?" The other staff questioned what was stated.

Sakurai-san recognized my sudden frown and the change in mood so he turned around to the staffs to warn them about what they were doing. "Excuse me, if you have something to say, then please tell us. I don't think you'd like it either if we did that to you. Well anyways, does it really matter? Didn't change the fact that you'd meet us."

"I'm sorry... I sometimes wonder why I didn't choose to meet you guys earlier. There was something in me stopping me from leaving the place." I yawned.

"Did you get enough sleep last night?"

"I guess not. Could be because of Niichan's talk. I wonder how long he was talking for. I didn't even bother to check the time. I did get some sleep though." I checked the mirror after another yawn. "I have to fix my face and hair. I'll be back after a while to act."

"Yoshimura-san, can you come over? I would like to arrange your hair and make-up." A lady called from the other side.

"I was just about to go." I smiled. "See you again in a few minutes."

 

--------------------

 

"Let's end it here for today. See you all again in years." The director called it an end.

"Good work everyone!" "Good work." "See you all next time which is in a few years!" It was nice to meet you guys."

I ran to my next work place before anyone could stop me to have a talk.

As soon as I arrived, I went into the green room and grab an image of the shooting and the people there. I imaged what they may say after each piece of art and the things I should say.

"I'm glad I took an art class years ago..." I mumbled to myself. "I still have my notes from back then. I should transfer it to a file on a computer though. They're getting old and ripped."

"Did you say something?" The other guest going on the show asked.

"No, I'm sorry. I was just talking to myself."

"You know, I'm interested in getting to know you better. Why did you join this world last year instead of earlier?" She came closer to me.

"I have no reason. I just happened to bloom late."

"Are you into arts? You're looking at the paper intently."

"Why does it matter? Does it look like I have no interest in it?"

"You're so cold. Completely different from the image I had for you when I first saw you on television. I thought you were warm-hearted."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Please don't misunderstand. It's just that I'm just not accustomed to being around exciting and energetic people like you who talks a lot. Is this your true form?"

"What do you mean by 'true form'?"

"I mean, is this how you're usually like around people and in private? Won't you get tired? Or is it just that you're forcing yourself to act this way because this was how you gained your popularity when you first went on television?"

"Why do you ask? Isn't it the same for you?"

"My attitude depends on the person and the place. I can't do anything about it. I don't like being dishonest. Keeping your feelings to yourself will only overwhelm you."

"I'm surprised that you can say that. I want to hear more about it. Can you tell me about yourself and what you have been doing before you went on stage?"

"You haven't answered my question yet about your personality difference."