Close to Me

I Missed You

"You like curry? Spicy or not as much?"

"I prefer spicier curry. I especially love curry such as chicken curry and red curry."

"Were there any Indian restaurants around here?"

"It doesn't have to be a place with curry though."

"Ah, here, I recommend this place. There's curry here if I remember correctly. Why do you enjoy curry?" Ayano-san opened the door for me.

"Thank you. I'm not so sure... It's spicy and there's nutrients, and the spices warms the body up. I wonder if this is why I have a higher average body temperature."

"It is?"

"Compared to other people, my body temperature may be a bit higher. I like spicy food. So I'm more sensitive to the weather outside."

"Welc'm! The manager yelled as we entered. Oh, Ayano-kun, is that your girl?"

"No, it was her birthday just recently so I invited to eat out."

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Yoshimura Rina."

"What a cutie you are. Perhaps I'll take her if you won't." He laughed. "Well enough with jokes, what would you like for today?"

"Two curry please."

"Curry? That's unusual of you. Sit, sit."

"You look very nervous. Are you okay?"

"Yes. I was just a bit surprised with the store manager."

"He's always like this. It never changes."

"How spicy would you like it, miss?"

"From a scale from one to ten, around five."

"Aren't you going to ask me?"

"I already know your taste Ayano-kun. Here you go!"

"Thank you for the food." I took a bite. "I haven't had curry in such a long time!"

"Isn't it spicy?" Ayano-san asked as he took his bite.

"Would you like to have a bite?" I asked in response.

"Sure." Ayano-san took a bite and started coughing. "This is pretty spicy..."

"If you say so then I guess it is. I'll get going. Thank you for the meal."

"You're going already? That's so sad. I wanted to talk with you. Can I have your autograph before you go?" The manager pleased.

"An autograph? Are you sure? From someone like me?"

"Of course. I may as well as while you're here."

 

--------------------

 

"Kei-niichan, I'm back!" I hugged him.

"Did you drink?"

"Drink alcohol? No way. I'm just tired from work. I'll get some sleep."

I went up the stairs into my room. I fell on my bed and hugged my pillow.

 

--------------------

 

The alarm was ringing and ringing. I didn't have the energy to get out of bed until Ponta dropped the clock and woke me.

"Ouch... What time is it?" I rolled trying to find the clock and fell on the floor.

I took a shower and dried my hair.

"I'm sorry I can't go out for a walk this morning but I promise we'll go later today when it's cooler. I'm counting on you."

Having to work everyday without much rest... Even if the drama is being aired years later... And I have to keep a good relationship with others...

I let out a sigh and saw a clearer face in my mind of the woman at the front door of Ohno-san's house and the phone suddenly rang. I answered the phone.

"Ninomiya-san?"

"You won't reply to my texts but you answer the phone call."

"I apologize, my mind has been filled and I forgot to text you back."

"I guessed as much. What's been going on recently?"

I explained what happened over the past few days.

"I see. Give me a call or text me when something happens. You know you can count on me." And Ninomiya-san hung up on the phone.

 

--------------------

 

Days and weeks have passed...

 

--------------------

 

September 18th, 2015. The day has come.

 

--------------------

 

A sharp pain went through from my head to my toes in the middle of my sleep. I fell off the bed. I've told Ohno-san long ago that we wouldn't be able to meet because of work but that was all a lie. I was only avoiding him. I was afraid. I feared. I felt lonely. But I think he knew the reason why I told him such thing. And the day came. It wasn't the vision I saw months ago, but it was something else. I couldn't remember the name. I could see the face, I saw it, but the name...

Niichan told my manager that I'd be taking the day off today for me and went to his work.

I wondered what Ohno-san was doing, what he felt. I wondered if he forgot about our talk. I was filled with worries and anxiety. I don't like it. I hate it. I was afraid of being alone. The little cat came sleeping next to me. Her children have grown.

I have to get them a bigger place to live. There were cardboard boxes somewhere... Maybe I can make a house with that. It may help me forget about what may happen or what has happened and relieve some of the stress.

I worked on the house for the growing cats and their mother.

 

--------------------

 

"How do you like it? I hurried to make this so it may be a bit messy but.." I asked the little ones. "I'll go see John and Maki. I haven't greeted them yet today. You want to come with me?"

Stay warm... Kei-niichan's voice...

Maki realized my lack of energy and stayed close to me.

"Thank you Maki... I'm sorry we can't go out for a walk today, I have a slight headache. You don't have to worry about it so much though. You're so sweet." I petted her.

Maki let out a loud bark at John and John made a sad expression.

I realized my forehead was a bit wet from sweat.

"I must be tired or something. I'll lay down for a bit."