Let's Start

I Missed You

"What's wrong? You can't answer my question?" Tamura asked after my thought.

I smirked. "How stupid of you. I've gathered all the data I needed in this short while to prove your guilt against the government of Japan."

"What do you mean? You haven't been doing anything except call the police."

"It wasn't me. It was all on you. It was all on how you act. Who did you think I was? Who do you think I am? I'm a humanistic therapist who knows more than enough of psychology to know what kind of person you are just by how you act. And on top of that, I have a voice recorder with me all the time."

"Oh voice recorder. I'm so scared. Like that'll do any harm to me." He was being sarcastic.

"Right. It will." I grinned. "I know more than you think I do. I may look like a middle schooler to you, but I turned 27 this year. I'm more mature than you and you're probably in your late thirties or early forties. I'm better at investigations than you think I am. Don't underestimate someone just because of how they look. To prove this, allow me to provide some proof I have to prove you guilty because you know what? I may be small, but I live in a big world with a big dream."

"I thought you finally talked but most of it was full of crap. I accept this challenge. Now tell me, why am I guilty according to the laws of Japan."

"Let's start. First, listen to this." I took out the small voice recorder from one of my pockets. I started to play the recorder. "You heard the click? That was when you entered and you are heading to the kitchen to where I was standing to set the table. You start talking but it's difficult to hear because you had your arms to the area where the recorder was. Your voice becomes clear gradually as you approach your arms and hands to where I don't want you to. That is my proof number one. Do you have any comments or questions?"

Tamura raised his hand. "How will this affect me?"

"Yeah this proof isn't so major as you make it seem." The police spoke up.

I knew it. I knew they'd come back at me like that. This is thrilling. Give me more questions. Well I guess it can wait for the next proof. The more questions, the more I can reveal.

I smirked. "Isn't it technically ual harassment?"

"What are you saying? How is that ual harassment?" Tamura questioned.

"You were going to touch something I didn't want you to. I wasn't liking it when you had your arms around me. Doesn't that count as ual harassment?"

Tamura paused as he grinded his teeth. "How can you prove that I was moving my arms and hands to where you didn't want me to?"

"I have a suspect." I pointed at Tegoshi-san. "He saw where your hands were. Didn't you, Tegoshi-san?" I turned to Tegoshi-san.

Tamura glared at him. His mouth moved trying to warn Tegoshi-san not to say a single thing about him touching, "Don't you dare."

Tegoshi-san flinched and struggled to choose whether or not to answer for a moment but answered to the best of his ability. "Yes. He was going to touch where girls usually do not want to be touched."

Tamura was growling under his breath.

"Allow me to continue. I have more proof." I moved on. "There's more to the ual harassment we were just talking about. If you listen carefully to what Tamura is actually saying, you know that he is complimenting me and asking questions with the same tone as he is speaking with now. He's speaking in one tone. He's talking in a very calm and devilish voice and it is obvious that he is hiding something. And what he was saying gave me the creeps. You know that by hearing the voice recorder move somewhat in my pocket from me shaking a bit."

I don't know how or why I'm able to talk this much right now. This might actually go to court. This person might get arrested. He hasn't got as much love as a child as what we call an 'average person'. I can't just have him be arrested without helping him but at the same time, I have to do this.

"Moving on to the next point. Well, it's actually about how he talks. As I said before, the tone and such has been the same this whole time. At the same time, I felt like I was being threatened. Isn't that domestic violence?" I looked up at Tamura.

"Okay, how the hell is that one domestic violence?" Tamura responded.

"People who usually do domestic violence to other people speak in the same calm voice. You were threatening me to 'have fun' with you by moving your hands." I rewinded the voice recorder. "I know it is somewhat difficult to hear, but if you listen closely, Tamura says these exact words. 'I want to have some fun. What should we do together while he's gone?' By 'he', Tamura is referring to Tegoshi-san because he was at work. Tamura was looking at me as if I was inferior and took advantage of the inferiority he thought I had. That was when Tegoshi-san entered and stood up for me because he cared for me."

"Then why do you look like that? Why are so skinny? Isn't it because Tegoshi was keeping you here?" Tamura interrupted.

"Yes. That is true. But that was because of my carelessness."

"You're so negative about yourself. Why is that? Are you asking for a fight?"

"Sure. Let's fight." I stood up.

"What are you doing? Are you serious about this? You're only going to hurt yourself. Don't do it." Tegoshi-san was worrying.

"Tegoshi-san. Don't worry about me. Worry about yourself more." I smiled and was ready to fight against the creep.

"Why are you standing so straight? You know you're at a disadvantage right?" Tamura smirked saying that.

Tamura reached out with a fist to punch my face. "Seriously? I'm surprised that you really don't know who I am. You're actually the one who is at a disadvantage."

I dodged each move he shot. I faced the left as I dogged one of his punch and hit his head lightly. He swung his other arm but I ducked right after I hit him. He turned. I stood and kicked his back and he fell on his face.

"Do you really not know who I am? Do you ever watch the news? Karate, judo, you name it. I've been a black belt since elementary. I was the ohsofamous Reena Lee from America who was on the international news. Why did you think that you could win against me?" I looked down at Tamura with my arms and fists at my side.

"Reena Lee? You were that Reena Lee? I was a huge fan where have you been hiding this whole time? I really admired and looked up to you. I never thought I'd meet you here like this. You were my superhero. You're the reason I started this job." The police spoke excitedly. "Why are you here? Can we shake hands?Can I have your signature?"

"Do you not admire me anymore?" I smiled at him. "You're speaking in the past tense.

"I apologize. You haven't been on the television for so many years that I didn't know what you were doing. I was wondering why you wouldn't show up. No matter how much I searched on the internet, I couldn't find you." He was taking something out of his pocket. "I searched for a photo of you and set it as my background on my phone. I know I'm asking too much but may we take a photo together too?"

"Of course, but please keep it a secret from everyone. I don't want to hide and get caught by the camera people again." I was still smiling.

I forgot about Tamura until he was struggling to stand up. He was crying. "Why does it always end up like this? Why is it always me? Why can't it be those who are always happy? Why can't it be those who are rich? Why does it always have to be me?"

I whispered, "I knew it." Everyone in the room looked at me. "You're one of those depressed people who always question why things happen to you only and not to those who always have happiness. It's all yourself. It's because you try to take away other's' happiness to make it your own. You have to acknowledge that everyone's meaning of happiness is different. You have to find your own happiness with your own hands. I would've helped you if you called my company. Poor thing."

Shoot. My sadist mode has been activated. This isn't good. This will ruin everything. Keep calm. Take a couple of deep breaths. Keep it cool. Don't get ahead of yourself.