A Bit Different

I Missed You

"We will be watching some cute videos of animals."

We watched short videos. Everyone else was laughing while I was watching it with a blank face.

"You were watching it without moving a muscle." Shimura-san chuckled.

"I apologize. I was watching is seriously. Unlike other women, I don't really see things as cute so much. Like, I don't even understand why some people think that a monkey is handsome because in the monkey world, that monkey may be considered ugly. We live in different worlds."

"I'm sorry my lady." Aiba-san bowed.

"No, don't apologize you didn't do anything wrong. I completely understand why these videos were chosen. It's just that I don’t understand why people would think things."

"I'm sorry our Aiba is stupid."

"Why? I sometimes watch this show at home and quite a lot of times, or maybe always even, the videos are usually either really fun, or really sad. So I'm not so worried about it."

"Are you ignoring the part that I'm stupid?" Aiba-san questioned.

"Aren't you stupid?"

Aiba-san took a step back and made a face.

"Oh yeah, I've been wanting to ask you, what's your favorite animal?" Shimura-san asked.

"My favorite animal? Lions and tigers are my ultimate favorite. They're so cool and brave."

"You're a bit different. Women usually answer dogs or cats or is it just the people I meet?"

"Well, my guess is that it's because they don't know any animals aside from those two to choose as their favorite."

"I don't know why but I find you to be very convincing."

"Oh, really? Am I? I only said what I thought."

"You've always liked lions and tigers since you were little right?" Aiba-san asked.

"I am in love with them. I'd like to make them my family."

"Why does Aiba-san know about the fact that she liked lions and tigers since she was little?" Becky-san asked from behind.

"There... There was a lot of things going on back then..." Aiba-san swayed.

"I'm asking what happened during that 'back then'!" Becky-san seemed mad.

"Hey, please don't fight. Let's keep it peaceful."

"Is there anyone you like?" Kondo-san asked.

"Someone I like? You mean someone I'm in love with? Yes, there is. What about it?" I asked as I looked behind.

"I was just wondering who it was."

"My cousin!"

"Not that kind of love. Someone you would want to be with for the rest of your life."

"I'll say what kind of person since I can't say who exactly."

"Oh really?"

"Um, I like someone who is very calm and relaxed, and yet worries about others. He sees me as who I am and accepts me as who I am, both the good and bad sides."

"Then what what about this person standing next to me?" Shimura-san pointed Aiba-san.

"It may be a bit difficult to work it out since we don't see each other like that. We're just friends and that's enough for us."

"You said it after all." Aiba-san said.

 

--------------------

 

"There's an animal in here." Shimura-san said as he brought a small cage.

"I wonder what's in here. Dog? Cat? Monkey? Fluff~."

"Encho will take a peek at it first." Shimura-san said as he peeked in. "They're so cute. Look in." Shimura-san offered.

"They're so fluffy! Where are their parents?"

"Don't rush." Shimura-san said as he opened the cage.

"They're Golden Retrievers!"

"You are correct!"

"Yay!"

"Their parents are here."

"The parents' hair is so neat! I want to play with them!"

"The parents more than the kids?! It's quite rare for this to happen."

I walk up to the parent golden retrievers and they were wagging their tail.

"They're real! Great! You're both so good. Does it feel good?" I said as I massaged one of them and it barked back at me affirmatively. "Did this dog get any training? Can it do any tricks?"

"This one's best move is jump. She does a backflip if it's from sit."

"That's awesome! I've never seen a dog do it in real life! I've only saw it in games!"

"But I think you're even greater. The one you're petting now is very shy and doesn't open up so easily. It took so much time for her to open up to me."

"Is that so?"

"Reena-chan, how long are you staying there for?" Come back! Someone called.

"Am I a dog now?" I replied.

"Would you like to take these dogs with you?"

"Eh? Is that acceptable? I'll ask my cousin. What are their names by the way?"

"The male is John and the the female is Maki."

"Oh, that's interesting. The male has an English name while the female has a Japanese one. It's like their children are halfies." I said as I stood up.

As I walked back, Maki followed me.

"Oh, do you want to come with me?"

"She's friendlier with you than me."

"Then I'll contact my cousin during the break."

"Is it really okay with you?"

"If it's fine with my cousin. I really love animals."

"It takes some time to take care of them though."

"Oh, don't worry. I'll just make the time to stay home longer."

"Reena-chan, you're too nice. Just get back here." Aiba-san demanded.

"Whatever you say master Aiba-sama."

"I feel honored."

"But none of the puppies are approaching you."

"You don't have to say that!"

"Oh, right. Animals usually don't get close to you." I said as I chuckled.

"Stop saying things you don't have to say!" Aiba-san chuckled along.

"The little ones are so adorable also." I said as one approached me.

I picked it up and brought it close to my face. The puppy started my face. In the corner of my eye, I saw Aiba-san trying to get close to the little puppies but they were running away from him and I smiled at the scene.

"It's break time."

"Can I play with them for a little more while?"

"But don't you want to play with the other one coming next?"

"There's another one after this?! I was surprised. I'll contact my cousin immediately."

I stood up and took my phone to text Kei-niichan. After that was over, I stood and waited for the next group to come in.

Shimura-san left the room with the puppies.

"Now here they are." He said as he brought another set in. "Let me have a peek."

"How are they?"

"They're so energetic. Would you like to see?"

"Yes, of course!" I looked in and was surprised that I looked twice.

Shimura-san opened it completely and I started screaming.

"Today, we specially brought these babies in for you. They're baby lions."

"Yes, I found. This is one of the best days of my life. They're so small and adorable compared to their parents who are strong and brave." I picked one up. "The nails are so long! I would like to be scratched by it once on my forehand or something as a commemoration."

"Do as you please." Shimura-san said.

"No, what are you saying!" Aiba-san interfered.