What Can Happen

I Missed You

I didn't know what was going on behind me. I just continued to sing. The time seemed so long and yet so short. All I could do was let my voice out, hoping to change someone, hoping for someone to grow with these songs I wrote.

 

--------------------

 

"I finished!" I covered my face with my arms.

"Yoshimura-san! The voice gave me shivers down my spine. You did extremely well."

"Oh, thank you. I could've done better though."

Oh, it was just Matsuoka-san...

"Why are you so strict on yourself?" He chuckled. "And I enjoyed your songs. Very different from the rocking music what we would sing. I'm glad we met before the new year came. Looking back, how was your first full year in Japan?"

"It was really interesting and refreshing. I got to experience all four seasons. I got to watch the sakura bloom in March and April. I also saw students graduate and enter into a new environment. They were very different from what I have experienced in America."

"Only spring huh?"

"Well, I've been here over the summer years ago and I've experienced a bit of autumn and winter last year so I kinda knew what to expect except the blizzard recently. I would like to see how Arashi is doing so farewell. See you next year."

I walked away and looked up at the screen. I saw that Ohno-san was standing in the middle instead of Matsumoto-san, different positions from practice.

Have they practicing this secretly? Or was this planned? Will this be said by a different artist in their blog? What kind of rumors may this bring?

 

--------------------

 

The clock hit 12.

I took my phone and texted everyone for the new year. I was already ready to go home, but there were just a few more songs and the voting left.

We were all on the stage waiting for the votes to be counted. I held my hands together in the back, hoping to win. The numbers were rotating on the screen behind us.

The numbers has been revealed. The red team won against the white after years of losing. Inohara-san was being blamed for the white team's loss.

 

--------------------

 

I looked around for Kei-niichan. I didn't want to stay for long.

Someone tapped on my shoulder as I continued my search for him. I looked around to see who it was and saw that it was Ohno-san.

"Reena-chan, Happy New Year. I want to talk with you about the baby later. I'll text you before I change my mind about this idea I have. I know you'll agree on it. So nobody would understand what I sent, even the government, I'll code it. I'll give the paper with the meaning on it next time. The next time we meet will be then. Don't worry."

"Happy New Year to you too. Roger that. I'll reply as soon as possible. See you later this year." I turned around. "I need to find Kei-niichan. I wonder where he went."

I found a blond so I headed towards that direction at the thought that that could be Tegoshi-san. If it was, then niichan should be there with him.

The blond turned around and looked my way.

"Reena-chan! It's been so long! How have you been? Oh, I can't forget, Happy New Year! I hope this year will be a great one for both of us!"

"Happy New Year to you too. Do you happen to know where Kei-niichan is?"

"Our leader? I haven't seen him since Kouhaku ended. You should text him."

I left to the exit and took my phone out but it was out of battery. Just when I was about to send Kei-niichan a text, someone tapped my shoulder. I looked around and it was him.

"Reechan, I've been calling and texting you."

"I'm sorry, it seems that my phone ran out of battery. I know I charged it to 100% this morning though." I looked down at my phone.

"Well, at least I found you. Let's go home." He took my hand.

 

--------------------

 

I was wrapped in warmth when I woke up. I was wrapped in a blanket with niichan's arm around me, not wanting to let me go. I tried to move his arms away, but no matter how many times I pushed them away, they came back. I looked at his soothing hands and long fingers. I held his hand in my own and leaned my head onto his, waiting for him to wake up. I ran my fingers through his short and puffy hair I've always liked touching as a kid.

"Reechan, good morning." He mumbled.

I jumped in surprise, let go of his hand, and looked at his face to see if he was awake. He suddenly flew his arms up in the air to stretch and yawned.

"Niichan, did you sleep well using me as your pillow?" I joked.

"Haha, sorry... I didn't mean to. But I did sleep well. Your phone is charged. You should probably check it. You can delete all my texts and calls. Just try not to delete anyone else's." He pointed to where the phone was charging.

I looked for a text from Ohno-san as I deleted the calls and texts I received from niichan but it didn't take too long for me to find it.

His text explained about his idea, about what we should do. He agreed to have the child, but in case it'll become a huge news, he suggested that after we have the wedding, we move out to a different city. This wouldn't be said to anyone but...

 

--------------------

 

...to MN and your brother. I'll tell my best friend about it after this happens. I kinda feel bad for my pets though. It's kinda sad that we won't be able to meet again. Not only them, but the others I'm used to seeing almost every single day of my life. Well, anyways, we have the wedding, we go, and find a good and affordable house for ourselves, where we can both be at peace. I may not be able to work or earn any money and I can't speak or understand any English so I'm depending on you but I believe that we can make everything through.

 

--------------------

 

I had a general idea of what he was trying to tell me, but I couldn't be completely sure. Even if we moved to a different city, people could find us.

I didn't know that he had any pets. Who is his best friend? He is close with Ninomiya-san but he's just as close with the other members.

I replied to let him know that I received the text.

We agreed to meet together at the old park at evening in two days. He needed some rest from the singing and lack of sleep. I gave him the time and we met like nothing happened. He took out a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"You know, I think I want to learn English. You think you'd be able to be my teacher? I'm not sure if I'd be able to work like this."

"Yeah, of course. I'm not sure if I'd be able to teach well enough for you to understand and absorb everything though." I looked down at the paper.

"Don't worry about it. As long as I can get something. I'm really going to be depending on you after we leave this town together. My face is known to the world and I'm not so sure if I'd be able to work part-time even, unless it's online."

"Trust me. We can do it together. I don't think we both should be busy. I will need some rest when I give birth to this child. I won't be able to use my laptop and write my lyrics, so when that time comes, I want to ask you to type it for me instead so my fans won't be suspicious. Oh yeah, have I ever told you about selling singles and albums in Korean and English too?"

"You are? So what am I supposed to do with that? I can't speak or understand either languages to be typing in those languages."

"Don't worry. I'll tell you which key to press. Well, it's getting real dark now so how about we head back? You don't know what can happen."