Carried Off

I Missed You

I slammed my hand against the table. "Can you stop arguing over the table?! Both of you! Stop arguing over something so small. Ohno-san, why would you let them argue about this at this time? You know I'm not cheating on you just like the others do. I know we have our own troubles, but aren't there things that we can do to help each other out?"

"There are times in which we have to let things happen." He replied calmly.

I stood up. "I've had enough." I left the house.

Matsumoto-san came running after me. "Reena-chan, listen. I'm sorry. We're sorry." He held onto my shoulder.

I glared at him. "We? Why are you apologizing in place of Ninomiya-san? If he's sorry, he can come and apologize to me. Whether it'd be directly at me or by mail." I turned around and continued.

"But wait Reena-chan, there's a reason to this." Matsumoto-san followed.

"Of course there is. We all know that. But I can't just carelessly ask for the reason right in front of Sakurai-san! He must be involved in it whether it’s directly or indirectly."

"Yeah, he is. So would you listen to what I have to say?"

"I wouldn't. I will. Tell me. Tell me everything there is to it."

"But can we stop by somewhere instead of walking aimlessly?"

"Can we continue walking instead? I'd want to punch something."

"Then punch me."

"I can't. I can't raise a hand to you. Only because it's not allowed in America. I know this is Japan but I don't want to raise a hand against someone. And even if I were to, you'd be hurt. I'm stronger than you may think I am."

"Why would you say that?"

"Because I'm that karate girl who was on television years ago. I continued after I disappeared. But my parents passed away and I couldn't come back. Not even to meet you guys. There was no way for me to contact or be contacted. I... missed this place." I stopped as I looked up at the sky. "I really... missed this place." My voice was shaking and my cheeks felt warm from my tears.

I looked down and hid my eyes with my hands as I wiped my tears.

"I told them about it. About having a surprise party at Sho-chan's place. They seemed to have agreed to it. I think Nino wanted to have fun just that it didn't come out right."

That was when I received a text from someone. I took my phone out and saw that it was from Ninomiya-san.

 

--------------------

 

Reena-chan! I apologize for what happened earlier!

Can we talk about it? Bring J too!

Let's meet at the small park near Sho-chan's place.

See both of you there! Really sorry! Forgive me please? (´・ω・`)

 

--------------------

 

"Matsumoto-san, Ninomiya-san asks that we meet up at a park near Sakurai-san's place. Do you know what and where he's talking about by any chance?" I asked as I wiped my tears with my hoodie and sniffed.

"Yeah I'll lead you there. Hold my hand so we don't get separated."

 

--------------------

 

Ninomiya-san, we're heading that way.

I have a broad idea of the reason as in to why you guys were arguing over the table.

Please don't worry about it too much. (  ̄▽ ̄)ノ"

Let's have a nice and long conversation about this. ewe

 

--------------------

 

We reached the park and I saw Ninomiya-san waving our way. He put a hand on my head as he apologized. I looked up at him and filled my cheeks with air. He chuckled and poked my cheeks. I let the air out and he started laughing along with Matsumoto-san.

"So, um... Will you guys give me a detailed explanation as in to why you guys were arguing?" I interrupted their laugh.

"Well, I explained to the members that you suggested we should surprise Sho-chan once in a while since it may feel a bit lonely at times living alone in such a big building. Of course this dude was playing games but he answered and agreed along with the other members. To make sure he knew what he was answering to, I asked him a question and he gave me a good answer which proved that he was actually listening to what I was saying."

"What do you mean 'actually listening'? Of course I'm listening!" Ninomiya-san slapped Matsumoto-san's shoulder lightly.

"Why are you mad?"

"Both of you..." I stepped in between.

"Sorry. So we planned and prepared in the limited time we had and you and Sho-chan arrived just in time. Then J was to signal you that he told us about the surprise for Sho-chan which was why we surprised not only you, but Sho-chan also. Seeing him winking at you, I was supposed to tease you by asking if you were cheating as a joke but as stingy as I am, it came out the way I didn't mean to come out. I didn't mean to sound that harsh on you guys and J clicked."

"So both of you are pretty much blaming each other."

"No we're not?" They were synchronized.

I smiled and started giggling.

"Well at least we came to a conclusion. Let's go back." I said as I smiled at them.

 

--------------------

 

When we reached the house, we saw someone waiting for us at the front. The person was waving at us. Matsumoto-san walked in front of Ninomiya-san and me. I walked quicker to keep up with him as I held onto Ninomiya-san's hand. As we got closer, we saw that the person was Ohno-san.

I ran past Matsumoto-san for Ohno-san. I reached my arms out to him as I jumped. He opened his arms and then held me in his embrace.

Looking at Ohno-san's face, I smiled and he snuggles his nose against mine.

As we smiled at each other, we heard an explosion. Not knowing what the source of the sound was, I screamed and covered my ears. Ohno-san held me close to himself as he called Ninomiya-san and Matsumoto-san into the house. I was shaking fearing that there'd be another exploding noise.

"What's wrong Reena-chan?"

Instead of answering, I crouched into a ball.

Just when I thought I finally escaped my past when I arrived in Japan, a few more explosions followed the first one which reminded me of the car crash. I try to forget but that was what caused me to remember the events.

Why can't I leave my past behind? Am I not moving forwards with Arashi? I'm so afraid of what might happen. It's all in the past and I feel that it'll happen to me again. I'll lose someone important to me. Why is that? Even I don't even know the answer to that. I can't answer. All because I don't have one.

"Reena-chan!" I finally heard Ohno-san calling me and I looked up at him with watery eyes. "It's okay. There's nothing wrong. I understand how you feel. But we're here. You won't lose us as long as you give us your life. We should have all your trust. Nobody else. Just us." Looking at his eyes, I knew that he was being very serious about this case.

"O... Oniichan?" I looked into his eyes.

Ohno-san blinked and his eyes widened. I reached out and held onto his clothing.

Look at me, and me only... Is that what you mean? Is that what you're trying to tell me? Ohno... Satoshi... Wisdom... A big field... Ohno Satoshi

"Ohno... Ohno Satoshi! Satoshi!" I called naturally without thinking.

"Y... Yes!?"

"I'm... I'm Rina! Yoshimura Rina!"

"What's with you all of a sudden?" He smirked.

I was surprised. I felt a nice wind go against me, my hair blowing behind me, my wings spread completely. I took a few steps back a saw beyond what I could usually see.

I was so concentrated on running away from my past that I forgot to stop and think carefully. The past will only come after me if I run away. Instead of being someone who is afraid, I have to be someone who doesn't run away. Live today. Don't get carried off your feet.