Swimming

I Missed You

That day, I was crying holding a tiger doll, wandering around inside a huge building in which many celebrities of Japan worked.

I was lost.

As I walked around crying with the tiger doll, I bumped into someone. When I paused and looked up, I saw a teenage boy who seemed to be surprised. My eyes became watery and started crying again. He kindly held my hand and took me to a room where there were some other teenage boys. As we entered the room, I grasped his hand tighter and hid behind him. My knees were shaking.

"Hey, who is she? What happened?" One asked.

The reply was, "I don't know. She was lost but I just couldn't leave her crying on her own."

He looked at me with worried eyes.

Another crouched in front of me and started asking for my name, who I came with, etc. until the one I was holding hands with told him to stop since he was scaring me. I looked up at him as tears continued to flow down my cheeks and hugged his arm.

He took a seat by the wall and allowed me to sit on his lap until someone came to pick me up. He had his arms around me as if to comfort me. Soon, I was fast asleep in his arms.

Then, I heard a whisper in my ear. Those words, if I remembered correctly, were said by him. "Come visit us when you can. We'll play with you and have fun together."

That moment, I have fallen in love.

 

--------------------

 

Everything was dark. Outside, my room, everything. Even society. I preferred to be in a dark room with little light since I always felt lonely and depressed even if the lights were on. I didn't have a roommate. Nobody would want to be with me. I lacked the presence. I always ate and worked alone. Wherever I went, I was alone. So I did everything... Alone.

I want to go back to the old times. But I finally graduated college and got my degree... I can finally fulfill my promise with Johnny-san. I should have enough of the money to go to Tokyo and meet them again by now. But I would have to talk with the people at the airport...

I hate people. And by people, I mean people in general. I lost my parents when I was young from a car accident and an older brother drowned when I was even younger. The only people I liked in this world... were Japanese celebrities from the Johnny's. And the only person I loved... was...

 

--------------------

~The Summer After the College Graduation~

 

I was prepared to go overseas.

I hope they remember me. I have been sending fan mails ever since they have debuted. Especially when I started college here in America, I would create manga at least one every two weeks and send it directly to them.

 

--------------------

 

I stood in front of a tall building and took a deep breath before I entered.

I'm finally back. How many years has it been?

The last summer I have been in Japan, Johnny-san asked me to become a celebrity. Yes. I was asked to join the celebrity world. By THAT Johnny-san. The reason? His reasons were because I was small and adorable and I knew multiple languages. But I was only there for vacation back in 7th grade, so I promised him that I will after I graduated college. And now, I was back.

I entered the building and there, I saw him. He smiled and walked up to me. "Hey I'm Johnny. It's nice to meet you again."

"Hi. How many years has it been?" I asked as I faked a smile.

"I know you've been going through a lot since then. But I'm glad to see that you've come this far. Congratulation on your debut. I know you haven't done anything special yet, but I'd like to have you make your first appearance in VS Arashi sooner or later. But first, let me introduce you to everyone in the Johnny's jimusho." He led me to different rooms in the jimusho. He introduced me from TOKIO to SMAP and all except NEWS because he knew I was related to the leader of the group, though my favorite member was Masuda Takahisa. The last group he introduced me to was Arashi.

"Hey Johnny-san, what brings you here at a time like this? Who might she be?" The smartest of the group, Sakurai Sho asked when we entered.

"I just came to introduce this young lady to you guys. You may have met her inside this building before but that would be multiple years ago."

I was shaking out of nervousness since I haven't socialized in so long. I didn't even remember the last time I did socialize. I was biting my bottom lip and was also grabbing to the bottom of my hoodie. I knew it was obvious that I was nervous. Even my eyes were watering.

"Hey cutie, what is your name?" Ninomiya Kazunari, the magician, peered at my face.

I couldn't open my mouth. A drop of tear rolled down my cheek.

"Nino! You made a girl cry!" Sakurai-san said as he chuckled.

"Sorry, she's very shy and she's not good with people. You know NEWS right? She is the leader's cousin. You may have heard stories from him. She'll be making her first appearance on VS Arashi. Anyways, would you mind taking care of her for a little while?"

"Yeah, sure. We'll gladly do so." The leader of the group, Ohno Satoshi said and Johnny-san left.

I felt warmth around my body. Ohno-san was wrapping me with his arms. I grabbed his shirt and he rubbed my back for comfort.

They don't seem to remember me. But it's normal... Right?

When he let go, I walked to the closest corner, sat, and hugged my legs and I was left alone. I wasn't surprised since it wasn't unusual. I was always alone in school.

They gathered around the table talking about something without me. That was normal as well since I knew that I was a difficult person to walk up and talk to.

After a while, the most energetic member of the group, Aiba Masaki sat in front of me. I became smaller.

"You know, you don't have to be so afraid." He reached out for my shoulder but stopped halfway, sighed, and walked back towards the table.

"Nee, can you at least tell us your name?" The sadistic Matsumoto Jun asked.

"Reena Lee."

"Oh, are you half Japanese and half Korean? That's cool!" Aiba-san said surprised.

I flinched.

The leader seemed to go deeper in thought.

Sakurai-san stood up and asked my age and where I came from.

"27, and I'm from America."

They were all surprised in my answer.

"So you must be the Reena Lee who has been sending us those awesome manga! It's so nice to meet you!" Sakurai-san took both of my hands and shook them.

I felt somewhat relieved for some reason.

"Come sit with us at the table." Ohno-san took my hand.

My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat. He pulled me up but I lost my balance and fell towards him. I gasped and took three steps away from him. He giggled.

"It's okay Reena-chan. I'll give you a hug when you need one." He said as he smiled.

I put my fingers over my mouth.

An arm went around my waist. It was Matsumoto-san. He led me to a seat. He pulled a chair out and allowed me to sit. The other men whistled and called him a gentleman. I hid my face with both my hands knowing that it was red. Ohno-san took a seat next to me. Sitting near them made me even more nervous and blush even more.

"That's so cute. You're blushing." Ninomiya-san said smiling.

I wanted to hide in a hole.

I felt all their eyes on me. I guess they wanted me to look up. So I did.

"Reena-chan... When did you start sending us fan mail?" Ohno-san asked.

"The day you debuted."

"Really??? I don't remember getting manga the first few years we debuted." Ninomiya-san stated.

"I was still young and only wrote letters."

"How old were you when we debuted?" Sakurai-san added.

"I think I was about 12..."

"Let's look for them!" Aiba-san said all excited.

I was worried.

Kei-niichan... Did you really...?

"But we have VS Arashi soon... How about we ask our managers instead?" The leader suggested and the members agreed. "Do you want to come and see us live? There's an empty seat."

I nodded and followed them. I didn't want to be left alone. Especially by them.

 

--------------------

 

I sat down at a seat closest to them. I was totally nervous. At the end, they won. I was relieved since they were losing the first two games.

We all left when it ended.

 

--------------------

 

"How were we Reena-chan?" Sakurai-san asked.

"You were so cool..." I quietly said with glittering eyes.

Everyone smiled. I saw leader blush a bit.

Looking down, my eyes started swimming at the thought that they didn't remember me.

The leader patted my head and I heard him whisper to himself. "You're so adorable..."

The door of the room opened. It was Kei-niichan.

"I've heard that my cousin came back from America from Johnny-san so I came for a visit. Where is my one and only cousin?" Those were his first words that came out of his mouth as he entered.

I walked up. My appearance changed dramatically since we last met, that he was surprised. He tightly wrapped his arms around me. I was glad someone aside from Johnny-san remembered who I was.

"You've become such a beautiful woman Reechan." I placed my hands on his back and closed my eyes.

I gently pushed him away after a while.

"So... Seeing you here... It must mean that you made it..." He smiled as he closed his eyes. "That's nice to know."

I placed my hand on his cheek not knowing what to say.

"You guys must have a good relationship. You're making me jealous." Sakurai-san stated.

"Oh, but her favorite from NEWS is Masuda. I'm a bit shocked since I'm her cousin." He chuckled and kissed my palm. He held my hand with both hands, brought it close to his lips, and whispered congratulations.

“Now that you mention... Who is your ichiban from Arashi Reena-chan?” Sakurai-san asked.

“Hey, she hasn’t even told ME! And besides, she's shy around me also. There's no way she'll open up to you.” Kei-niichan responded jokingly for me, so I chose to keep my mouth shut.