30

The Reason I said 'I DO'

After that little scene, ____________ entered the room, cheeks still burning from embarrassment.

"AISH! Who does he think he is laughing at me like that!" She complained, rubbing her due to the hard fall.

"You know talking to yourself is the first sign of insanity."  Dongyeop suddenly spoke startling _________ and causing her to jump.

"Mianhe, for scaring you but I just came here to say  Thank You." 

"Thank You? Eh? for what?" She replied confused.

"Minho, lately he's been very happy and I know that's because of you." He replied giving her a fatherly smile.

"Me? but all we do is fight and we've only been here or a days o how can you tell he's been 'happy lately?'" Dongyeop opened the door behind him and motioned for her to follow him. She did as indicated. They spent about two minutes walking in silence until Dongyeop stopped before double French doors that were painted white.

"Uh where are we going?" ___________ asked glancing at the door dubiously.

Dongyeop chuckled.

"Here, why don't you open these doors and find out for yourself." DongYeop moved aside.

"Okay then bu- Whoa." ___________ stopped mid-sentence when her jaw dropped at the sight before her. 

"Beautiful isn't it?" Dongyeop asked, stepping inside.

All __________ could do is nod, She entered the in-door Zen like garden and immediately, the scent of plants entered her nostrils, The sound of water running like those of a water fall's made her relax. She took in her surroundings, plants were every where, the marble ground that she once walked on turned into smooth rocks colored either black or white and in the center of the room there were stone benches parallel to each other.

"Are you going to answer my question?" __________ asked suddenly remembering the conversation that happened earlier.

"Of course, but even if I did you wouldn't understand." He replied, sitting down while __________ followed him.

"Well, if that's the case there's no problem in answering me right?" 

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

________ didn't say anything waiting for Dongyeop to continue, and he did.

"I've known Minho before he was even born, I've been in this family even before Minho's mother was born, so I guess it's only natural that I know Minho very well." He started.

"What do you mean ahjussi?" ________ asked interrupting him. He held a hand out making her smile in embarrassment.

"I know that Minho's been happy because after that girl left, He's never cracked a genuine smile. Over the years he's become cold and distant to everyone even to his own grandmother which broke my dear Lucy's heart, That's why his grandmother is sick, She's worried that Minho doesn't love her anymore that she didn't want to take care of herself, and the one wish Lucy wants before she- p-passes on is for Minho to marry."

"Oh okay, but still I doubt that I'm the one making him happy, I think his happiness is seeing me suffer." _________ replied, suddenly confused why she felt like on top of the world with the thought of Minho being happy because of her.

'Right, I love the idiot.' _________ thought to herself not realizing she said it out loud.

Dongyeop chuckled.

"I knew it." Dongyeop smirked.

"Knew what?" She asked, but Dongyeop just stared at her with amusement playing in his eyes. Then she realized her mistake.

"I said that out loud didn't I?"

"Yes you did." __________'s looked down and flushed a dark shade of red.

"Ahjussi, do you have a wife? Why don't you talk about her?" ___________ asked changing the topic. Dongyeop sighed.

"I had a fiancee, but It didn't work out." He replied.

"Wait, you mean you were about to get married? How long ago was this?" She asked.

"When I was 22 and she was 20." 

"And you didn't want to marry anyone after that?" __________ asked. 

"No, She was- No, Is She is the only woman I love and No one can take the love away." He said.

"Does she love you the way you do? Where is she now?" 

"I believe she loved me the same way I did, Now? She's in Korea anticipating for her grandchildren and excited for her grandson and grand daughter-in-law to come home from their fake honey moon." _________ eyes widened as his words sunk in.

"You were about to marry Ommeonni!?" She asked wide-eyed.

"Yes, but her family didn't approve of me because I was just a butler, They arranged her to marry someone else, She didn't want to but I told her that it was for the best. Maybe not for me but the best for her that's the most important thing in my life, To know that she'd have a secure future." 

Unknowingly, tears were streaming down __________'s face. It was clear to anyone that the love they had wasn't a joke and she wanted that love. She wanted a husband who loved her more than anything in this world.

"Does Mi-"Before she could finish her sentence, Minho entered the garden and eyed her puffy face.

"Are you okay? Why are you crying?" Minho asked, suddenly worried, After she left the balcony. He immediately started looking for her but she was no where to be seen which scared the hell out of Minho.He thought she ran-off again. He mentally sighed in relief when he heard the hushed voices of both Dongyeop and __________, He couldn't grasp anything they were saying but he knew it was serious and by the looks on their faces, It was just confirmed.

Dongyeop glanced at __________ with a look that clearly said 'Don't tell Minho, He doesn't know'. So she kept shut and wiped her tear strained face.

"I'm okay, It's just that Dongyeop ahjussi told me a story about lovers who couldn't- uh love each other because they died." It was a lame cover-up but _________ silently prayed that it worked.

"Okay I'll leave know, I hear the phone ringing." Dongyeop said making his exit fast.

"A story? You were crying over a story? Seriously?" Minho asked knowing she was lying through her teeth. She just nodded as He sat beside her. They spent a few minutes in silence just staring at the water running until _________ decided to break it.

"Do you love someone Minho?" She asked still not over the Dongyeop and Lucy's love story.

Minho startled, by the question gave her a weird look but answered anyway.

"I guess you can say that." With his words, she felt like someone dropped the whole world on her shoulders.

"Really? Who is she? Do I know her? Is it Yuri? What's she like?" She blurted out before she could stop herself.

Minho chuckled.

"Yes, you know her but it's not Yuri."

"Oh." Was all that came from ___________'s mouth.

"Let me see, She's stubborn, annoying, crazy, beautiful, understanding, forgiving and strong yet vulnerable at the same time." He continued.

"Really." _________ asked, her heart sinking with every word he uttered.

'He loves someone and the way he describes her was so filled with love, I don't stand a chance.' She thought.

"Really, but she'll never know." This made _________ turn to Minho.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because she's in love with her best friend. because she only sees me as someone she is tied to because of a deal, because she's too good for me and because she doesn't love me back." __________'s heart started beating like drums on a festival, She was so sure Minho could hear it; though he couldn't but her face remained emotionless, not giving anything away.

"Oh, that's nice." Was all ___________replied. 

Minho felt his blood boiling.

'How can she be so dense!?' He is annoyed at how ____________ couldn't understand the feelings he's trying to convey, He was never one who was good at expressing his feelings, That's why he had his music because that was the only way he can express everything freely with out anyone judging him. 

He stood up angrily and headed for the French doors, leading to the exit. He wasn't mad at her, He was just disappointed that he expected something to come out of this.

'I shouldn't hav-' 

Whatever he was going to say was cut off when she felt arms encircling his waist and a cheek against his back.

"I love you too." __________ said tightening her arms around him; Minho could feel her beating heart against his back. His arms carefully placed themselves on top of her delicate ones. Minho felt light-headed, He felt like he could fly, Hearing those words from her made him instantly the happiest man alive. 

Deciding to play with her, Minho twisted himself and was now facing her.

"Who said I meant you?" He asked giving her a look. _________ felt her whole world crushing down as she let her hands slide down to her sides, Her tears were threatening to fall. 

"I-" before she could say anything, Minho tipped her chin up and kissed her sweetly on her lips. 

"Cause who ever said it, He's so damn right. I love you, More than anything in this world."

 

 

Hey!sorry for the late update! periodicals started once again and finished so yeah... Here! tada! 

and i think most of you have been waiting for this chapter? hehhehhehe there's more to come! 

oh and I was planning on changing the title of this story can anyone suggest anything? ^.^

I'll edit on Saturday or Sunday, I'm writing this and it's really late and I still have this thing early tomorrow so yeah... >.<

I love you!

please don't forget to comment and subscribe!