20

The Reason I said 'I DO'

 

_____________ woke up with the sun shinning through the bedroom windows. She squinted her eyes, adjusting to the bright light.

“You’re awake? Thank God! Now, get ready cause we have exactly 2 hours until the press conference.” Minho spoke coming out of the bathroom with only a towel around his hips. Seeing him, ____________’s eyes immediately grew wide and she felt herself feeling flustered.

‘Darn these guys and their Abs.’ She thought, looking away. Then she realized the absurdity of Minho’s words.

“Wait, so you were serious last night?” She asked starting to feel nervous.

“I never kid.” That’s all Minho said before smirking at her and entering his closet.

“ I’m not going!” She yelled after him. This got Minho’s attention. He stopped choosing a shirt and went back out, with all his half-ness and with out a word, He lifted ___________ off the bed and carried her inside the bathroom.

“What the heck are you doing!? YAH!” Minho didn’t reply, He turned the knob of the shower, causing water to flow.

“YAH! Are you deaf!? PUT ME DOWN!” She yelled. He instantly dropped her on the cold wet floor the minute he felt her breath down his back. It sent shivers through his whole body and it scared him. The feeling was familiar. It was that feeling he got from one girl. The girl he loved and the girl who hurt him.

The girl he was trying to forget.

“YAH! Why did you put me down!? The water is cold!” ___________’s angry voice cut his thinking.

He smirked and composed himself.

“You asked me to put you down. I was just following my dear fiancé’s request. Now, take a bath a get ready cause I don’t want to keep the press waiting.” Before he got a chance to get out, __________ spoke again.

“Why do I have to go!? And what’s the conference about anyway!?” She complained, with the water still falling from the shower, making her clothes stick to her body.

HE NOTICED IT.

“Because you are going to be my wife and that’s what the conference is about. Now shut up and get ready.” He replied, avoiding her eyes and left, closing the door behind him.

“AISH.” She quickly undressed herself and got in the shower, muttering all the curses she could think of and directed it towards Minho.

 

1 HOUR LATER.

“Wait, the press conference is in the mall?” _________ asked as Minho parked the car in front of the huge mall they were in just yesterday.

“No, I’m just going to get our props.”He replied and got a hoodie from the back seat of his car.

“Props?” She asked not understanding him.

“Yes, now shut up or we’ll be late.” He then got out of the car. Only to pop in after a few seconds.

“And don’t get out. Wait here. Don’t open the door to strangers and don-“

“Okay, I get it! If we’ll be late--- It’s all because of you not me!” She cut him off sounding annoyed. He gave her a pointed look and closed the door, getting ready to get the rings.

 

10 MINUTES LATER.

“Sir, I’m sorry for the inconvenience can you wait for about 20 minutes more?” The manager said.

“Sure. No problem.” Minho replied, sitting on the couch in the store and waited patiently.

Meanwhile, ___________ was getting impatient inside the car. It was a hot day and Minho turned the engine off, leaving her air-conditionless.

“Where the hell is he?” She spoke to herself.

“AISH! to hell with him and his rules!” She vented out, clearly irked and got out the vehicle, slamming the door loudly.

She fanned herself with her hands and leaned on the car. The sun was shinning brightly above her so she decided to go to the mall just so she can cool down a bit.

Before she even got a chance to take a step in the mall, Someone grabbed her hands and spun her around.

That someone was wearing a large trench coat and sun glasses with a scarf around her head.

‘Who the hell wears winter clothes in a day like this!?’ She thought to herself.

“____________.” The woman spoke seriously.

“Yes, that’s me. Who are you?” She asked, suddenly feeling nervous as the woman frowned at her.

“ It’s me Sekyung, Shin Sekyung.” Sekyung then removed her glasses and held on to  ___________’s wrist tighter.

“I have to go.” ___________ uttered. She turned around and headed back to the car.

“___________! Come back here! We have to talk!” Sekyung yelled chasing __________.

This only encouraged __________ to run faster and try to escape.

‘Why are people suddenly hunting me down!?’ She thought as she ran back.

*OOOF.

She hit a wall and fell, only to look up and realize that it wasn’t a wall she hit. She hit Jonghyun.

“____________?” Jonghyun asked wide- eyed, not expecting to see her.

“Oppa?” She said in a soft voice that sounded angelic to her best friend.

“I have to go.” She stood up and headed to the car which was only 3 meters away now.

“NO. We have to talk _________.” She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. The way he said her name felt like a lighting bolt was striking her spine and felt like some one was clenching her heart.

She turned her back to him.

‘He’s married _________.’ She reminded herself to calm down.

“I can’t I have an appointment and—“ Jonghyun suddenly pulled her back towards him.

He was back hugging her.

“Jebal. Please __________ we have to talk.” Jonghyun pleaded.

“I thought we were okay.” He added when she was just silent.

‘We are but if you talk to me now, You won’t get off my head and it’ll be hard for me to pretend like I love Minho.’ She thought to herself as she closed her eyes.

“Please.” He said once again.

Sekyung watched the scene before her.

‘I’m not divorcing you Jonghyun. Wheather you like it or not.’ She thought.

“Not now.” __________ deadpanned, as she forced herself out of his grip, but he wouldn’t have any of it.

“Why not?”He asked spinning her and holding her tenderly.

Once again __________ closed her eyes. She knows if she stared into his eyes, She wouldn’t be able to say no and look away.

“Because she said she didn’t want to.” Minho appeared behind them, looking red with something. Anger? Frustration? ____________ doesn’t know.

“Oppa, We have to go.” _________ pulled away from Jonghyun’s hold and went to Minho who was still in his hoodie and who seemed like he was glaring at Jonghyun.

“Didn’t I tell you not to get out of the car!?” He yelled once they were inside.

She didn’t reply.

She couldn’t reply.

She was crying.

“__________.” Minho spoke her name softly.

“Hmm?” She asked.

“Do you want to talk about it?” She moved her head from left to right indicating she didn’t want to.

“Arraso.”  Minho let it slide and felt his anger subside. He didn’t even know why he was angry in the first place. When he saw Jonghyun back hugging _________. It just felt like he was stealing something from him right in front of him.

A stupid thing to do.

__________ felt something warm wrap around her hand. When she looked down, Minho’s hand was holding her’s. Their hands looked like it fit so perfect. Her heart rate sped up; she felt heat rise to her cheeks. She looked out the window as she felt Minho squeeze her hand.

It was comforting.

 

THE PRESS CONFERENCE.

 

“Everyone, welcome to the press conference. We have called all entertainment press today, for one reason and one reason only.” Minho’s manager spoke as the buzzing of the reporters grew louder. They were curious with the sudden press con.

They were also curious about the girl beside Minho.

“Okay, I’ll be handing over the microphone to Minho-ssi, please settle down so we could get started.”

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Minho greeted and bowed his head to the reporters.

“Today, I just want to announce my engagement.” With his statement, The settled crowd once again started buzzing and taking pictures of Minho and __________ who they assumed was his fiancé.

“I have a question!” A reporter raised her hand. Minho nodded in her direction.

“So, Who’s the lucky girl and how long have you dated?” She asked.

______________could feel Minho slip something on her ring finger. She looked down and saw a beautiful ring. She looked back up at Minho who smiled at her lovingly. She felt her heart flutter as she smiled nervously back at him. The reporters saw this and immediately flashed the cameras.

They look desperately in love.

Minho turned back to the reporter and answered her question with a grin.

“Everyone, I’d like you to meet ___________. And we’ve been dating for 2 years secretly and She’s not the lucky one. I am.” He glanced at _________ and saw her blush. He smiled and picked another reporter for another question.

The questioning continued. Some reporters were asking ____________ some questions and she answered them with grace and confidence, While Minho just stared at her in amazement every time she answers a question.

“I have a question!” A woman raised.

“Okay, What is it?” Minho asked. __________ looked up and stopped breathing. The woman removed her glasses and scarf.

“Why  did you leave?”

It was Sekyung.

 

 

Hey! so here's another chappie! i promised a double update didn't I? here it is!!and since my loptop is... yeah.. i don't know when I'll get to update for the next chapter! so here you go! hope you'll like it! ^.^

Please comment and subscribe!