Chapter 61

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now Playing: BTS - Boy In Luv.

 

 

The days pretty much passed by so fast, the boys met Chanyeol 10 days after his arrival in Seoul. It was a teary reunion full of embarrassing old stories, roaring laughter and suffocating hugs. In that day, Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol couldn’t be happier, or at least that’s what Chanyeol tried to convince himself of. Even though he never stopped thinking about that night, and that kiss, he tried everything to at least push the thought away while meeting his friends.

Days past by very blurry and boring, with Chanyeol taking Key around the city, introducing him to his family and friends, and getting introduced himself to Key’s family. Those few days could be described as warm and cheerful, nothing exciting, nothing new, just the same old boring habits that he and his friends had developed through the years, with the addition of Key in the group of course.

 

 

“So, what do you think?!”

“Let me get this straight… you want to make her jealous?”

“pretty much, yeah!”

Key’s enthusiastic smile was getting on Baekhyun’s nerves, the idea wasn’t that bad, but the fact that it came from Key made it (in Baekhyun’s opinion) disastrous.

“If as you say, she really wants him back, why should we make her jealous?” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow, leaning back in his chair; he looked with skeptical eyes at Key who was still thinking of a proper answer.

“Chanyeol’s been… odd, lately... He says he never chased a girl in his life, and it always worked for him… Ji eun’s desperate, but not to the extent of running after him… that night, she took the initiative, but that never meant she was ready to drop on her knees and ask him to marry her or something…”

“What’s your point?”

Key sighed silently in frustration, he felt like he was explaining to a child, Baekhyun wasn’t catching on anything he was saying and it made him angry. Key closed his eyes and counted to three, a habit he had to calm himself, he opened his eyes and faked the brightest smile he could manage before talking again.

“You need to drive her to the edge… you need to make her feel like she’s losing him, so that she feels like if she never made a move now, she’d lose him forever.”

“And what if she feels the opposite?” Baekhyun snorted. “… This… what you’re saying, it’s ridiculous! Your idea is based on hypothetical facts that are in no way, when compared to the reality, possible. It’s disastrous, it’s stupid, and it’s going to make him lose that girl forever. And believe me, when he does, you’re going to be the only one to blame, because I’m, in no way, going to put myself into this utter …”

Key stared in confusion at a furious yet collected Baekhyun, the latter just gave him disdaining and irritated looks that made him feel a bit offended. Another problem that he was a little (just teeny weeny) lost, he understood nothing of what Baekhyun just said.

“Uhh… I’m afraid to tell you that you lost me at ‘it’s ridiculous’…” He gave an apologetic, sheepish laugh as he rubbed the back of his head shyly. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and cursed under his breath.

“I’m dealing with a bubble head…” He face-palmed and stared back with furious eyes at a still lost Key.

“If we try to make her jealous…” He started. “… Two options might take place and both have extremely different results…” Key leaned forward, seemingly interested in what Baekhyun had to say, Baekhyun smirked in pride as he went on.

“Number one, like you said, the girl could get extremely jealous to the extent that she might interrupt Chanyeol and the girl his with and take him to a place and his last breath out of him… Number two, the girl’s confidence could get crushed that she’d leave and never come back with the belief that Chanyeol might’ve found someone better which is completely wrong, because my excuse of a best friend things that this Lee Ji eun is the greatest woman that ever lived and that he will never be able to love anyone but her… now you get my point?”

Baekhyun finished with a knowing smirk, Key on the other hand stared at the latter like he was an alien from outer space. He stared at him with so much awe like Baekhyun was something so precious, like he was the Einstein of his time, Baekhyun felt slightly uncomfortable under the latter’s gaze, he shifted a few times in his seat and cleared his throat a couple of times to gain Key’s attention, which was seemingly lost along the time Baekhyun was explaining his theory.

Finally Key snapped out of his daze, the latter blinked for some time and shook his head to step out of his trance, he looked at Bakehyun and let out a sheepish laugh.

“Hyung you’re so smart, it feels like I’m talking to a real business man who knows everything about numbers and possibilities and , that’s like AWESOME!”

Baekhyun stared at Key with a horrified look as the latter chuckled in amusement, he wanted to find the closest wall and smash his head in it so that maybe, just maybe he’ll be able to forget that meeting with Key, because for him Key was the slowest, most stupid person he’s ever came across, and it hurt his pride pretty damn much that he actually agreed to meet him.

“It’s all for the sake of Chanyeol” He whispered to himself and face-palmed.

 

 

 

“What’s the occasion anyway?”

“I don’t know really, I got distracted when dad was explaining why we were going. All I know is that a lot of important people are going, so might as well go and make a few personal chats with some of the top business men in the country, what do you think?”

“And why did you drag me into this again?”

Baekhyun let out a small awkward laugh upon hearing the question from Chanyeol. Key actually convinced him about that jealousy thing, Baekhyun only agreed to go with it on the condition of making all the preparations himself; he couldn’t afford a dating scandal, or an inappropriate situation in front of the press, or the business men in this party.

Baekhyun chose the exact place and time of everything, he knew that first, Ji eun would of course be one of the attendants, two, Chanyeol’s really hot ex-girlfriend was invited too, and three, he was there to supervise the whole thing as he was as well invited. Everything was going according to plan, the limo, the expensive tuxedos, and the very well styled hair, everything seemed perfect.

The limo arrived at the location, the two friends descended gracefully from the limo, Chanyeol standing with his tall figure, catching eyes and turning heads immediately as he started walking towards the entrance, he buttoned up his jacket and fixed its collar, smirking as he noticed a few girls here and there eyeing him with seductive stares.

Baekhyun walked along his side, suddenly grateful that at least Chanyeol’s dark, seductive, y aura was still there, Chanyeol’s confidence as he walked among the crowd of people surprised even Baekhyun himself, never the less, the latter was proud and relieved that his best friend was back to his true self, the confident ladies’ man he always was. And even though Baekhyun never really appreciated that side of Chanyeol, he thought that it was way better than the broken, desperate side of him of course.

The hall they arrived at was amazingly decorated, elegant and huge, with dimmed lights, dark floors, and bright, ivory walls. A wide dance floor was centered, with a lot of graceful, round tables surrounding it. Right above the dancing floor, a huge, crystal chandelier was hovering over it that looked more expensive than the whole building, its crystals twinkling beautifully as lights reflected on them, making them look like little, and shiny stars in the ceiling.

As they entered through, wide, double, wooden doors, a waiter welcomed them with a smile, offered them Champaign, and accompanied them to their seats. Both latters sat in a table that was filled with their families, Sehun’s and Kai’s family as well. Chanyeol breathed a sigh of relief that he wasn’t the only one dragged into this.

Scanning the hall with his eyes, Chanyeol also noticed Suho’s and Kyungsoo’s families seated at a table not so far from them, which was at a close proximity with the Lee’s and The Xui’s table. Chanyeol was about to panic before realizing that neither Ji eun nor L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter