Chapter 32

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now playing: Wu Yi Fan - Time Boils The Rain.

 

 

“I’m sorry about last time… That wasn’t really appropriate.” Kris exclaimed, smiling at Ji eun apologetically and rubbing the back of his neck in a sheepish manner. They were at the garden of her house, as his parents were yet again, invited for dinner. They were seated on a small bench at the far corner of the garden, facing the spacious place, and enjoying the view. Ji eun looked straight ahead, still not sure what to say or how to deal with Kris.

It’s been only a week since their last meeting, which meant that she didn’t even have time to process what had happened between them. It felt awkward, and the atmosphere was full of uneasiness and guilt, the air seemed thick and neither of them was comfortable.

“It’s okay, I guess… I mean… It was both our faults anyway.” Ji eun looked to her side, she cursed under her breath, wishing that Kris would just disappear right now.

“Have you seen Chanyeol?” He asked in the most normal way, Ji eun didn’t know why he was asking, she just decided to answer him anyway.

“Yes… And I didn’t tell him if that’s what you want to ask.” She blurted out the last part, and face palmed herself in her head, yet decided to act cool and unfazed around him.

“I wasn’t gonna ask, but that’s good to know.” He answered back.

A few minutes of silence followed, with both of them sighing repeatedly, not finding anything to say, yet none of them moved to walk away, it was like they’d stay bored beside each other than go hangout with the elders inside the house.

When Ji eun realized that the blonde wasn’t intending to speak any time soon, she decided to gather some information about him, maybe get to know him, because she’d be stuck with seeing him for the next year continuously as her parent’s and his already signed the contract and became suddenly good friends.

“I thought you were gay” She exclaimed lie it was natural to talk about this. Kris’s eyes widened and he turned to look at her, a blush evident on his cheeks. His eyes then began to wander around the place, stuttering and trying to find anything to say, when he composed from the shock, he cleared his throat.

“I was… I mean… I am… I mean…” Ji eun chuckled silently still looking away from him. He paused and sighed deeply, closing his eyes to think of the right thing to say. “… It’s complicated.” He finally said.

“What’s so complicated? You’re either gay or not, there’s no in between.” She exclaimed in a mocking tone.

“Actually there is… people in between… they call them bi.” He exclaimed in a rather annoyed tone. He just didn’t understand how a girl looking this innocent could be so straight forward like that.

“What’s that?” She asked, suddenly intrigued by the subject. Kris turned to look at her, he chuckled at how curious she was, and he didn’t know wither to find that cute or odd.

“Biuals. They like both men and women.” He exclaimed with an amused grin. Ji eun’s eyes widened slightly.

“People do that?!” She exclaimed rather loudly in shock, and Kris chuckled at her reaction. Cute, she was cute!

“Yeah, apparently people do…” He answered.

“Oh… So that means you’re one!” She exclaimed in a knowing tone, he just raised an eyebrow at her in question.

“Don’t look at me like that… You dated Suho hyung, and we almost… you know… that means you’re one of those people!” She exclaimed and grinned at him cutely. Kris eyed her for a few seconds, thinking about what she said.

“Who told you about me and Joonmyun?” He asked in curiosity

“Joonmyun?”

“Suho… Who told you about me and Suho?”

“Oh, Chanyeol did.” She looked ahead again. Kris did the same, breathing in and out deeply.

“FYI, I’m perfectly straight, Joonmyun doesn’t count.” He glanced at her secretly as he said that, she just tilted her head, still looking forward and looking rather lost.

“How doesn’t he count?”

“He was a mistake Ji eun…” Kris sighed as he said that. It kinnda hurt him to say, he did love Suho then, or he believed he did, but something happened when he left for Canada that made him question his feelings, and he found himself chasing girls instead.

“That’s not a very nice thing to say…” She whispered, feeling a little sorry for Suho.

“I know…” He sighed again and closed his eyes. “… But it’s true… I mean, I think it is. After Joonmyun I never found myself chasing men again. It’s like he was an exception you know?” She didn’t answer that, She glanced at him and he looked rather down, his head hung low and she felt sorry for him too.

“Do you still love him?” She was genuinely concerned now, which was rather strange.

“Sometimes I think I do… Other times I find myself hating the idea of us together.” He paused and looked at her, feeling appreciating that she actually cared. It’s been so long since he got to talk to anyone about anything in his life.

“He was my best friend when we were kids, we met at school. We both really liked, like really loved them… We’d spend most of our nights together talking about the girls we met, our crushes, everything like that, until one night in middle school…” He chuckled upon remembering, his face heating up and a deep blush evident on his face now.

“… Me and Joonmyun never got out first kiss… we weren’t really lucky, and… we were joking, or I thought we were… Joonmyun proposed that we’d kiss, to be each other’s first kiss… we started joking about it for some time, but I noticed that he wasn’t feeling at ease then, his laugh wasn’t genuine… our laughs faltered a bit, his face fell, and…” He looked away for a second. Ji eun eyed him intently.

“And…?” She leaned closer with pleading eyes, when Kris saw her he sighed out a small laugh, and decided to continue.

“… And he kissed me… and it was the best kiss I’ve ever had…” His hand rose to his lips, his fore finger brushing on it slightly before his face broke into a shy smile.

“Things escalated from there; like every piece fell into place… the kiss was heated actually and… Joonyum never pulled away until we were really out of breath… We didn’t talk for a year, too embarrassed maybe, or maybe we were just afraid to admit that we fell in love with each other you know… I still liked girls then, but I love Joonmyun, which really didn’t make any sense to me…”

Ji eun felt her heart flutter, her lips curled into a smile. It actually felt very nice that Kris was opening up to her, telling her about himself more, she was interested in him, and she really wanted to get to know him better. From her perspective, he didn’t like such a bad guy after all.

“How did you guys talk again?” She asked. Kris felt genuinely happy, he felt warm and fuzzy inside, because Ji eun was really listening, listening to him, wanting to know more, that never happened with him.

“In high school we were put in the same class, and we happened to be lab partners… it’s like destiny was bringing us together again… after a few weeks of not talking, Joonmyun took me to the roof and confessed that he missed me and that he wanted us to talk again… I asked, more like pleaded for him to say more… and that’s when we kissed again… between our kisses Joonmyun confessed to me that he loved me… we stayed together ever since that day.”

“That’s so romantic!” Ji eun blinked at him and pouted cutely. “… You’re such a jerk.”

Kris’s eyes widened at her exclamation.

“Why?”

“Because you broke up with him… Suho hyung still loves you… and… you’re here… and…”

“This isn’t a movie Ji eun… Life doesn’t work that way.” Ji eun raised her stare upon Kris’s melancholic tone. His head hung low and his face was read, it seemed to her like he was on the verge of crying.

“What about you then? What’s your story?” He asked, still keeping h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter