Chapter 10

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now Playing: B.A.P. - Badman

 

Chanyeol’s vision is blurred, everything around him seems unfocused, the room around him starts spinning, and he feels his head burn with the amount of thoughts rushing through it. Suddenly everything comes back to focus, but it’s like all the sounds are too far away, Chanyeol looks around only to be met by a million pairs of eyes staring back at him with lust and content. It’s normal, Chanyeol reminds himself, yet he feels suffocated, unsure, unsafe, like someone’s watching his every move. He looks around again, but nothing.

Chanyeol looks up at the stage, Taemin’s up there dancing as usual, and a few seconds later it would be Chanyeol turn. He feels his legs giving up, his hands trembling, He knows someone’s out there, looking at him, but it scares him more that he still doesn’t know who that person is. Suddenly all memories from the past rush through his mind, reminding him of the old times, the bitter truth, and the ugly betrayal he’s committed.

Everything goes back to normal when Chanyeol stares back at a familiar face, smiling and talking to him.

“Yah! Did you hear anything I just said?” Taemin shouts, bringing Chanyeol back to earth.

“Are you okay?” Taemin asks out of concern, and Chanyeol shakes off the numbness, nodding at him in reassurance. He jumps over the counter, and now finds himself standing next to Taemin who examines him carefully with a worried look.

“If you’re not feeling okay, Go rest, you don’t have to perform tonight, I’ll take over here.” Taemin smiles warmly, and Chanyeol smiles back.

“It’s fine, just… Just take care. Something’s wrong here.” Chanyeol exclaims in a serious tone and walks off, leaving Taemin confused behind him and not giving him a chance to understand what he meant.

He walks to the stage, dressed in a white, sleeveless shirt, and pants. He tries to focus on the lyrics, and shuts all the thoughts that are roaming around out, bringing the sweet sound of the screaming crowd in. He smiles as he steps up, taking the mic in his hand, and stands facing the audience.

Chanyeol has got used to this amazing feeling, the sudden adrenaline rush, and he tries to focus on that. As he brings the mic close to his mouth, opening it to speak, a sudden familiar voice interrupts him, sending the crowd’s screams to silence.

“Let’s give a hand to Chanyeol ladies and gentlemen!” The voice speaks through a mic as well; everybody shuts up, looking at the stage in confusion. Chanyeol can’t make out the figure that’s walking towards him because of the blinding lights that are blocking his sight. He narrows his eyes in attempt to have a better look, but that fails. He turns around to the bar, and sees Taemin staring at the stage in shock, all frozen in his place, pale, and trembling.

“Park Chanyeol” Chanyeol closes his eyes for a second, taking that cold, harsh, mocking voice in, his eyes then open widely as he realizes that the voice came straight from behind. He swallows a lump in his throat, and turns to the source slowly, in hopes that this all is part of his imagination, but those hopes falter as soon as his met by a huge, masculine body standing a few inches away from his.

He looks up to his face, and his eyes widen in shock. The boy standing in front of him has fair skin, very sharp, deep brown eyes, his face is handsome yet cold, he’s even taller than Chanyeol, and his smirk is unmistaken-able.

“Kris Wu.” Chanyeol exclaims back, and the boy’s smirk widens.

“Miss me?” He raises an eyebrow in a teasing manner, then turns to face the silent crowd. Everybody’s either confused, or really hypnotized by Kris’s handsomeness. No one, like ever, can be compared to him. He’s the king of heart throbs, the most charismatic person you could ever lay eyes on. His voice, his sharp eyes, and his cold face are to die for.

Kris looks back at Chanyeol who’s still looking at him with utter shock; he chuckles in amusement and then opens his mouth to speak.

“Let’s have a battle, for old times’ sake. What do you say?” He exclaims, but Chanyeol just stares back at him for a few seconds. Finally he nods in agreement, and Kris smirks at him satisfaction. If Taemin’s an amazing and charismatic dancer, and Chanyeol’s deep voice is so mesmerizing, then Kris has both, mixed with an aura of hotness surrounding him.  He’s like a magnet to the eyes.

The music starts playing, Chanyeol raises his mic first, eyes all serious and determined, and Kris steps back, giving him space to perform.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen. Did you bring your tickets, here, here, wait in line. Don’t worry, just sit here comfortably why do you keep on staring at your watch…”

 

The crowd starts moving with Chanyeol’s rap looking all satisfied and excited by how good he always is. They start to go crazy as Chanyeol reaches the hard parts, and Taemin stares with a faltering heart at the scene. Kris on the other hands smiles with an uninterested expression on his face and doesn’t look threatened at all by how good Chanyeol is.

Chanyeol then finishes,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter