Chapter 45

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ji eun stood in front of the mirror in her peach-pink dress.  She and Kris talked this out; they're doing this for their parents. They need to; they have no choice what so ever. Kris had his own intentions of course, seeking revenge from his once best friend, but of course Ji eun had no idea about that. She believed he's a good guy, that he won't hurt her, she just hoped life with him would be easy.

From all the people she could marry in her life, she had to get married to her gay best friend, whose in love with her lover’s best friend.

“How ironic.” She whispered to herself in a scoffing manner, taking one last look at her reflection. Ji eun thought she looked decent in a way, she won’t embaress her parents. It was the day Ji eun would finally be introduced to society, the day that the veil that covered the heir of IU enterprise would be taken off. Ji eun waited for this day her whole life, she dreamt about it, the day she’ll stand side by side with her parents in front of the public’s eye. But the sweet, innocent dream turned into a nightmare that sadly she won’t be able to wake up from any time soon.

A knock on the door snapped Ji eun out of her absent minded state; she turned to look at the door and was met by Yoona's warm smile.

"Ready princess?" She exclaimed and Ji eun gave a small nod accompanied with a weak smile back at her. 

 

Ji eun walked along side Yoona's to the party hall. She took small, steady steps, taking as much time as she can. Yoona didn't rush her, even though they were late, she didn't have the heart to rush her. It was like a scene of her walking towards her death sentence, a frown plastered on her face, and heart beating so fast out of fear.  

The doors were now in clear view, Kris was standing against it, his back turned to them, and even though Ji eun couldn't see him clearly just yet, she could tell he looked really handsome. 

Kris noticed a presence behind him; he turned around and came face to face with the two girls. He gave a soft, warm smile towards them, and nodded slightly as a greeting towards Yoona, who nodded back at him as well.

" You look beautiful…  both of you." Kris exclaimed with a soft smile, making Yoona blush. Ji eun laughed at the reaction.

"Why in hell are you blushing? He’s marrying me, you know?." She exclaimed in a  teasing tone, and Yoona faked a gasp at her, and hit her arm.

“Hey that hurts!” Ji eun faked a cry, and Yoona gave her a knowing look.

“Remember it does the next time you think about making fun of me!” Kris alternated glances between the two latters with inaudible chuckles. He knew very well that Ji eun was nervous as hell, but he appreciated how she tried to lighten up the mood somehow.

The doors opened slightly, and a young usher stepped out.

"Ms. Lee, Mr. Wu, it's time you go inside now." He said and the said latters nodded nervously. Yoona wrapped her arms around Kris and Ji eun's waists giving them a reassuring smile to help calm their nerves. It didn't work, they were literally ending their sweet love stories when they walk past that door, plus Ji eun  was about to be presented to people for the first time in her life.  Imagine her state.

Taking a deep breath, intertwining their fingers, Ji eun and Kris walked side by side into the hall. All the way in, Kris held her hand tightly, squeezing it every now and then, when he would sense her fidgeting with nervousness. People gave their fake smiles, their greeting nods, but Ji eun could hear their whispers about her. Everyone around her seemed to give her a judging, or maybe examining look, but what else should she have expected?  It’s the first time they ever saw her.

She saw her and Kris’s parents at a table at the middle of the hall, a small stage by her right, and a lot, like A LOT of people on her left. It was kind of nerve wrecking, the stares they were giving her, suddenly even Kris’s touch didn’t feel safe anymore. She tried to stay calm, keeping the uneasiness she was feeling as concealed as possible.

They reached the said table and the four elders stood up to greet them, after that, they were all seated on the table, facing the crowd. He father and Kris’s stood occasionally to accept the congratulations of the attendances, their mothers talked with a lot of their friends, and she and Kris sat silently beside each other, trying to act as happy as possible. But who were they kidding? Misery was written all over their faces.

“I wanna get out of here. This is too much; I think my cheeks are going to fall off.”  Ji eun whispered, and Kris chuckled a little. Kris suddenly froze; his eyes were fixed on something in the far corner of the hall, Ji eun saw that, she saw how angry he suddenly became, and turned to look at the direction he fixed his glare on. Her eyes widened a little at what she saw.

“What… What is he doing here?” Ji eun turned to Kris with a panicked expression. Kris kept his glare fixed in the same direction as he stood up.

“I guess we’re about to find out.”

 

 

“It’s starting…” Kyungsoo exclaimed at Baekhyun. They were seated in a room that Kyungsoo lent them for the night, watching Chanyeol as he paced around in his black tux.

“Chanyeol, if you ran your hands through your hair one more time, I’m afraid it will fall off.” Kyungsoo then turned to the tall latter, and Chanyeol rolled his eyes, yet didn’t stop pacing back and forth.

“YAH, PARK CHANYEOL! You better sit the down, or I’ll swear I’ll ing make sure you’ll sit for the rest of your life!” Baekhyun rose from his place and blurted out in anger. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo both stared back in side, shocked eyes, both swallowing a lump in their throats. Baekhyun was small, yes, but he had a temper that would make no one wanna mess with him, actually, Baekhyun should be avoided at all costs when he’s angry.

After a few seconds of silence and continuous glaring, Baekhyun finally sat down, and sighed.

“Should I…?” Kyungsoo started carefully.

“Go supervise this and comeback when you think we should go.” Kyungsoo nodded and ran out of the room, leaving Chanyeol alone with a very upset Baekhyun. Chanyeol was nervous, but somehow Baekhyun in this state made him forget about everything but the fear he was feeling right now.

Baekhyun breathed out heavily, and raised his stare to Chanyeol.

“You know what you have to do, right?” Baekhyun asked with a concerned tone.

“Yeah, don’t worry about me.” He gave a sheepish smile back.

 

They sat like this for about an hour, both silent and bored. Well mostly Baekhyun was bored, Chanyeol was just silent. They both sat on the ground, opposite to each other each at a corner in the room. They were leaning their heads back on the wall, and their eyes stayed closed.

“Chanyeol…?” Baekhyun started, opening his eyes and staring at the ceiling. Chanyeol hummed as an answer but kept his eyes closed.

“If something happens today, I mean…” Baekhyun paused and breathed out, look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter