Chapter 3

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now playing: IU - Alone In The Room.

 

It was two in the afternoon, and Ji-eun was sitting on her bed, starring out at the world from her huge window. Her room was spacious and wide, it had a lot of pink furniture, pink walls, and even a pink rug that covered most of the floor. Ji-eun hated that color, to every girl in the whole world, pink represented beauty and femininity, maybe even happiness; but to Ji-eun it represented one thing, her lack of freedom.

Ji-eun was trapped in her mansion for most of her life, she’s been homeschooled since she was five, and she didn’t have a lot of friends. The only entertainment Ji-eun had was her TV. Her TV was her window to the world, the only device that connected her to the outside, and let her know everything that she’s missing while she’s locked up in her house.

Ji-eun’s favorite way to pass time is to watch a lot of Korean dramas; they all had those wonderful stories when the boy and the girl get to be together at the end, even after experiencing a lot of hardships. It may seem silly, but those dramas were the only reason that Ji-eun never lost hope; they made her feel things she wasn’t able to normally feel because she’s trapped. She believed that if her favorite characters could do anything, why couldn’t she?

Ji-eun always dreamed about that one day when her life would change miraculously, and that she was bound to sooner or later find her prince charming, they’d fall in love and live happily ever after. But unfortunately that wasn’t the case, how would she even be able to meet him and have time to fall in love with him when she’s only allowed one night a month out of her prison?

She never really understood why her parents locked her up like that. Whenever she asked them, they always said because they wanted to keep her safe. Being the one of the richest business-men in Korea, her father had a lot of enemies that would plan to hurt him by hurting her.

Her parents never let anyone know what she looked like, never let her out of the house with them, so to the public, Ji-eun was like a mystery, everyone knew she existed, but no one ever saw her except for a few trustworthy people.

Ji-eun longed for the night to come as soon as possible; because night was ji-eun’s best friend, they hid her when she needed to sneak out, they were long enough for her to have all the fun she needed before she was back to her room, all alone. And there she was, sitting in her bedroom with a melancholic look, staring at the world she never got to experience properly except during the darkness.

Ji-eun trail of thoughts got cut off when she heard someone open the door behind her; she turned around and saw Krystal walking in with the brightest smile on her face.

“What-up princess!” Krystal threw herself on the bed beside Ji-eun who looked at her with a soft smile.

“So, I’ve got some news that would make you fall for me!” Krystal exclaimed happily and her grin widened, but ji-eun’s smile faded and she was now staring at her eagerly. Her head snapped back up when she heard the door open for the second time with Yoona stepping inside; smile as bright as Krystal’s.

“You told her yet?” Yoona said as she made her way to stand against the bed, Krystal shock her head and they both looked back at Ji-eun with content. Krystal stood up beside Yoona and faced Ji-eun, she cleared as if grabbing the attention of a large crowd, and then started.

“We, Yoona and I, convinced your parents to let you come with us tonight to the hottest bar in Seoul.” Krystal didn’t even have to finish her speech for Ji-eun’s eyes to widen in surprise. She began jumping on the bed, and screaming in content, she then got off and attacked both of them with a smothering hug.

“THANK YOU, THANKYOU, THANK YOU!!!!!” Ji-eun jumped in her place still hugging both of them, and they couldn’t help but laugh at her reaction. She pulled back from the hug and looked at them with sparkling eyes.

“Now that was just priceless.” Krystal exclaimed and Yoona nodded in agreement. To be honest, Yoona and Krystal pitied Ji-eun, I mean, who wouldn’t right? They always tried their hardest to sneak her out, or convince her parents to let her hangout with them, reassuring them that no one actually knew what she looked like so no one would ever recognize her.

Ji-eun ran to her closet, and started throwing clothes behind her as she tried to find something to wear; she got out a cute pink dress, and grabbed a pink bow from the dresser and stood in front of Yoona and Krystal, putting the dress against her body.

“So, what do you think?” She gave them a cute smile, and Yoona just faked a smile at the dress. While Krystal on the other hand didn’t care if he hurt Ji-eun’s feelings, she just stared at the dress with pure disgust.

“That’s just the ugliest dress I ever saw in my whole life! Come on Ji-eun, what are you, five?” Krystal exclaimed frowning at Ji-eun in disappointment. Ji-eun rolled her eyes at Krystal’s comment and threw the dress on the floor in front of the, she then returned to the closet, and she started looking around again.

This time, Ji-eun came out with a black, tight bandeau top and silver, sequin hot-shorts. Yoona and Krystal’s mouths fell agape at what she was holding, but soon their faces brightened in content.

“Now that’s what I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter