Chapter 57

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now Playing: SHINee - Evil

 

 

 

“Earth to Ji eun!” Ji eun saw a hand suddenly appear in front of her face; she shook her head and blinked a few times, only to realize that she was spacing out yet again. This was like the 100th time Yoona complained about her spacing out, they were standing in a bridal dress shop, picking up Yoona’s wedding dress, and since Ji eun was her maid of honor, she needed to be completely focused.

“You heard what I just said?” Yoona asked with a frustrated expression on her face, Ji eun’s eyes fell with guilt and she shook her head slightly. Yoona heaved a sigh and closed her eyes before she spoke again.

“The wedding Ji eun… Donghae and I decided on a Christmas wedding, it’ll be romantic so…” She stopped talking when Krystal cut off.

“Save your breath I don’t even think she’s listening, I told you I’d make a better maid of honor!” She complained bitterly and looked away; Yoona only rolled her eyes at both their attitudes and gave up on talking for the next few minutes. She then saw felt her phone vibrate in her pocket, she took it out and swiped the screen, smiling internally at the text that just came.

 

From: London boy
Can I bring a friend though? You know who I’m talking about.
But he’s changed now,  like a puppy, loud, but cute, trust me!

 

Yoona chuckled secretly then started to type a reply.

 

To: London boy
Sure thing ;)

From: London boy
Thanks, you’re the best Noona! (YY) ^^

To: London boy
You bet! xoxo

 

She locked the screen and slid it back to her jeans pocket, she then turned around only to scowl when she saw Ji eun and Krystal still arguing about who deserves more to be the maid of honor, Yoona rolled her eyes at their attitude and left them to walk around the boutique to find a dress on her own.
 

 

It’s been 2 hours since they stepped into the shop, every dress looked the same, nothing special, nothing new, they all looked monotones and some looked flashy, even though all dresses fit Yoona perfectly she said turned them all down, saying she doesn’t get the feeling she’d supposed to get when putting on her wedding dress. But this time, as she stared at herself in the mirror before she got out, she knew she wanted this one for sure, and even though it seemed simple and vintage, she loved it, she just needed conformation from her friends.

“Here comes the bride~~~” The saleswoman sang as Yoona stepped out in her trial dress, Ji eun and Krystal’s jaws dropped at the sight of their best friend.

“So… What do you think?” Ji eun smiled from ear to ear and Krystal shook her head in disbelief. It was a simple, strapless, satin dress, graced with vintage lace hand work, that was hugging her curves from the upper side, the lower side fell flowingly and elegantly in a way that made her look like a princess, the dress was topped off with a princess tiara and a long lace veil that fell to her back. Yoona stood with a blush on her cheeks, biting her lower lip in shyness, as the two girls stared at her in awe.

“Yoona is a Badass Noona!” Krystal exclaimed loudly, giving her a thumbs up, and a huge smile to go with it.

“Yoona you look hot! Like really… and beautiful… and, that’s the dress!” Ji eun exclaimed with a sweet smile. Yoona chuckled and looked at the saleswoman, she nodded in agreement as well and that made Yoona’s shy smile tune into a wide, satisfied one.

 

 

“Can we talk?” Yoona popped her head from behind Ji eun’s bedroom door, she had a smile on her face that seemed worried and uneasy, Ji eun smiled faintly, knowing what her friend came here to talk about, and she nodded her head lightly before turning again to watch the clear night sky from her opened window.

“You know it’s kinnda chilly, you should close it before you catch a cold.” Yoona exclaimed as soon as she stepped beside Ji eun.

“The ever so loving and protective Noona…” Ji eun joked, both chuckling lightly at what she said.

“So…”

“So…”

“Are you going to tell me what happened, or should I guess?” Yoona eyed her friend carefully, keeping her smile on her face; she tried to remain calm even though storms raged inside her head after finding out about the latest news that came from her friend’s mom.

“He doesn’t love me…”

“Well that’s new!” Yoona scoffed and looked away, ji eun’s hands tightened into fists, but she tried to ignore the venomous comment.

“… I caught him cheating on me last month, and then he confessed about another 8 guys, so yeah…” Yoona’s eyes widened slightly, her tongue was tied, even though neither Ji eun nor Kris loved each other, they were still married, and the hardest thing for a woman is to see her husband cheating on her.

“I… I don’t know what to say…” Yoona stuttered and looked way to hide the pity in her eyes, she knew Ji eun needed anything but pity right now.

“Don’t say anything… I’ve let it go for some time now… no regrets, seriously.” Ji eun flashed a smile that seemed fake to the core, it played funny things in Yoona’s heart, she hated herself because she knew that Ji eun would detect immediately how much she felt sorry for her.

A few minutes of silence passed, both of them staring at the sky ahead of them, there was nothing to say anyway. Yoona was too afraid to talk, while Ji eun was just simply to hurt to talk. Ji eun thought about Luhan’s words the other night, the thing about Chanyeol, and then she came to realization, what the hell was she expecting anyway? It’s been 4 years already, she even bets that Chanyeol had forgotten what she looked like, there was no way she could get him back after all she’s done, and after all this time.

 

 

2 weeks passed, it was the day of the wedding, but Chanyeol was nowhere to be found. Ji eun knew from Luhan that Chanyeol was supposed to arrive at Seoul 10 days ago, but he never did, no one by the name Park Chanyeol entered Seoul, Ji eun checked herself. It made her hate herself even more, it made her resent every fiber in her body, and at the same time hate him for not coming back.

Ji eun had been waiting patiently for the past few weeks, waiting to just a glimpse of a man she once called her own, but he never came, he never showed up, and she was left to her self-resentment and pain. Because like she said 2 weeks ago, what was she expecting anyway, for him to come back running to her, to say that he loved her, that he’d been waiting for her all this time, he could be married by now, he maybe even has kids running around in his house.

She’s miserable, she is by all sense of the word, because now she really is alone, her divorce was done, Kris went to Canada, Luhan has Sehun (or he claims), Yoona is getting married, Krystal is just here for the wedding then she would go back overseas with Taemin, and she’d stay here, all alone, like always.

“Yah, Maid of Honor… Let’s go, you’ll be late!” Krystal snapped her out of her thoughts, Ji eun turned to look at her with a blank stare, and then just nodded simply. Krystal left her alone again, she turned to look at herself in the mirror, checking her peach-pink dress, light brown, wavy hair, and her dramatic makeup, Ji eun smiled to herself because she believed that she at least looked decent, and that the Smokey-eyes (Krystal’s idea) actually suited her.

She left her room and walked to through the hallways leading to the wedding hall, she was so absent minded and dull, even her face showed how unhappy she was. Ji eun only snapped ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter