Chapter 17

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now Playing: The Icarus Account - Sunshine And Rain.

 

It was almost midnight; the whole group had left a while ago, leaving Chanyeol and Ji eun alone. Chanyeol was picking up the cans and chips’ bags from the floor, while Ji eun just sat on the sofa and watched him silently. Throughout the whole time he was cleaning up the mess his friends have made, Chanyeol didn’t once glance at Ji eun, he just focused on his task with the coldest expression he could pull off, which made Ji eun more nervous than ever.

Somehow just spending a day together and getting to know each other made them a lot closer than normal, and even though Ji eun lied about whom she was, Chanyeol did see her for who she really is. Since the day they met, which was only a few day ago, Ji eun’s life events have been changing drastically. Her life wasn’t boring anymore; she tried new things, got drunk for the first time, and Ji eun owed all of that to Chanyeol.

And now, she was seated silently on his couch, thinking about the possible scenarios that were about to take place once Chanyeol’s done cleaning.

Ji eun snapped out of her thoughts, blinking a few times, and she came to notice that Chanyeol wasn’t in the room, which was weird because she only zoned out for a few seconds.

“You need to take a shower…” Chanyeol’s voice came from behind her, making her jump in surprise. She turned to look at him, and he wasn’t even looking at her when he spoke, he was avoiding eye contact with her, and then he left to the bedroom without another word. Ji eun bit her bottom lip, and frowned lightly at how he was treating her, but how could she blame him, when she’s the one who’s being dishonest here.

She got up from the couch slowly, and made her way silently to the bedroom, where she stood at the door frame, staring at Chanyeol who was now lying on his back over the bed, just staring at the ceiling, looking all lost in his thoughts. Ji eun sighed silently in frustration; she really hated him being like that, all cold and distant. But then she stared at him with a determined look, and walked towards the bed without making any sound, careful not to let him feel her presence.

Ji eun stood against the bed, and looked at Chanyeol whose eyes were now closed, and his face looked all tense and uncomfortable. Ji eun reached for his hand but then hesitated halfway, she was afraid that if she touched him, he would just reject her coldly and walk away. Ji eun didn’t want to get hurt, that’s why she made up her mind to tell him everything.

She climbed on the bed, and his eyes opened at that, he just stared at her as she moved next to him, and then she rested her head on his chest, wrapping her arms around him. Even though Chanyeol was angry, he couldn’t help but enjoy her fragile embrace, all warm and vulnerable, asking him for his protection. Chanyeol just pretended to ignore her, but did nothing to push her away, which was a kind of encouragement for Ji eun to start speaking.

“I don’t know how Luhan knows me, but I guess he knows my dad…” She started with a faint whisper, and Chanyeol closed his eyes, pretending not to listen to her. Ji eun knew better, she just cleared and continued in a more confident voice.

“My dad’s really famous, he’s very successful and rich, and he has a lot of enemies wanting to hurt him. I’m a lonely child, and the most precious thing to my parents, and when people started threatening him to hurt him by hurting me, he locked me up in our house, careful not to let anyone know how I look. He wanted to hide me from the world, to make sure I was safe, and that was the only way he knew how…” Ji eun’s voice became melancholic at the last part, and Chanyeol noticed, he opened his eyes, and straightened up slowly, and Ji eun did the same. They sat staring at each other for a couple of seconds, before Chanyeol pulled her closer to him, let her rest her head on his chest again as they sat, backs resting on the headboard of the bed. He patted her head lightly, playing with a few strands of her hair, and she held him even tighter than before, burying her face in his chest, and breathing in his minty scent.

“… Like I told you, I was homeschooled, and only was allowed to play with my neighbor Yoona, and my cousin Krystal. My parent’s only trusted a few people, which were my teachers and our servants in the house. Only a few people still remember that exist, the public already thinks I’m dead or living abroad. I lived my whole life in a prison, and was only allowed one night a month out of my house…” Ji eun was going to continue, but Chanyeol’s low arm voice cut her off.

“You’re the heiress of IU enterprises, aren’t you?” Chanyeol didn’t glance at her as she pulled away to look at him with a surprised yet pained look. When he finally decided to look at her, he saw a damp trail on her face, and he concluded she must’ve been crying when she spoke, which explains why her voice was so weak and broken.

He reached his hand to wipe the tears that were still falling slowly on her burning red cheeks, and she was just frozen, staring at him with a confused look.

“How did you…?” Ji eun’s faint voice made Chanyeol crack a small smile on his face.

“You’re really famous. The hidden princess, Seoul’s biggest mystery, the reporters line up at your house everyday just to get a glance of you.” Chanyeol smiled softly at her, his voice was deep and caring, and it sounded like he was trying to cheer her up. She smiled back at him, and then looked away as she chuckled at what he said.

“It doesn’t matter to me who you are; I just feel things when I’m with you that I never felt before…” Chanyeol leaned closer to her as he spoke; he grabbed her hand and squeezed it gently, making her look at him. He was leaning for a kiss when he stopped, he wanted to let it all out as well, to speak his mind and tell her how he felt.

“… I find myself wanting to spend more time with you, which is kinnda weird, and rare. I was only interested in one night stands, but with you… with you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter