Chapter 28

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol stood eyeing his bed from afar, starring at Taemin who was tossing and turning restlessly, mumbling things in his sleep, sweating, and panting. Chanyeol’s eyes were full of worry and a little bit of anger. Anger at his friend who let himself slip into the track of no return, drugs; he wanted to yell, to scream at him, to make him snap out of it, but it was no use.

Chanyeol knew Taemin had a problem with drugs, once he began taking them; he’d never stop until something terrible happens. Chanyeol felt his breathing become a bit harder, like there was a weight pressing on his chest; he felt his heart becoming heavy at the memory of a specific event that took place 3 years ago. He closed his eyes and sighed deeply, as if releasing all the pain in that sigh, he opened his eyes again and stared at the restless figure lying on the bed.

“Don’t you ever ing learn?” Chanyeol’s voice was above a whisper, deep and angry, he felt his guts tighten inside of him as feelings of anger and disdain rushed through him.

“Why would you do it again Taemin-ah?” He sighed again in frustration, and closed his eyes as he leaned against the wall, crossing his arms against his chest. He leaned his head back, breathing slowly as if to calm himself down, trying to think clearly about the whole thing.

He opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling, something wrong was going on, something he couldn’t quite pin down just yet. Taemin’s sudden panic attack made him rethink about that night, that night that everything changed. Taemin seemed genuinely guilty when he was high, something that made Chanyeol question the latter’s behavior, and lies.

Why would Taemin feel guilty, why would he be so afraid of Kris like that, he said he had nothing to do with that night, then why was he acting lie he was the one responsible for the whole thing?

A sudden knock on the door snapped Chanyeol out of his thoughts, he made his way and opened the door, revealing a short, jet black- haired latter, standing with concern written all over his face.

“I came as fast as I could…” Suho spoke with a low contained voice; he eyes Chanyeol questionably as tha latter made way for him to enter the room. Chanyeol closed the door silently behind them and turned to look at Suho who was eyeing Taemin with a worried and shocked expression.

“What the hell…?” Suho exclaimed in a low hiss, Chanyeol stood beside him, keeping his eyes on the sleeping latter as well, and handing a small pack of blue pills to Suho.

“What’s this?” Suho eyes the pack carefully then turned to stare at Chanyeol. Chanyeol didn’t even bother to glance back at him; he just kept his stare fixed on Taemin as he spoke.

“I found it in the dressing room back at the club… I think Taemin’s been taking them for quite some time, the pack doesn’t seem new.”  Suho’s eyes widened in shock, he turned to look at Taemin, and then back Chanyeol.

“Oh God…” Suho hissed in disbelief.

 

 

About two hours passed since Suho came, he and Chanyeol were now seated on both side of the bed with Taemin between them, Suho was putting warm face towel on Taemin’s forehead and arms while Chanyeol sat and watched him silently.

“Fever?” Chanyeol asked, eyeing Suho intently as he worked. The latter just nodded at that and focused on Taemin.

“Is it because of the drug?” Chanyeol asked again, and Suho just sighed. He closed his eyes for a few seconds, pausing whatever he was dong as he responded with a disappointed tone.

“No… He must’ve been sick before, and that drug made everything worse.” He completed where he left off, patting the sleeping latter’s for head gently with the towel. Chanyeol reached his hand and swept a few strands off of Taemin’s face, giving the towel clear contact with the flushed, heated skin of his face.

“He seems really tired…” Chanyeol added.

“He’s been hurting real bad, I gave him something to put him to sleep… I guess he’ll be okay when he wakes up.” Suho’s face showed clear disappointment towards Taemin.

A few minutes of silence passed, none of them had anything to say. Suho was just too busy taking care of Taemin, while Chanyeol was lost in his thoughts. A small whimper that broke out from Taemin’s lips cut Chanyeol’s trail of thoughts, his eyes fell to the latter as he budged lightly and restlessly from his place, his face showing great discomfort even in his sleep.

 

“Thank you…” Chanyeol’s  hoarse and deep voice broke the silence. He cleared his throat to make his it more audible. “… For coming…”

Chanyeol avoided eye contact with Suho as the latter raised his stare and fixed it at him. He looked at him with an expressionless face for a few seconds, and then a warm, small smile broke on his lips. He sighed a small, barely audible chuckle as his eyes fell to the sleeping latter.

“You don’t have to thank me, you know.” Suho added, still keeping his eyes away from Chanyeol, and his smile was still visible. A smile crept on Chanyeol’s lips as well; he looked at Suho’s friendly, angelic face.

“I know you don’t like.” Chanyeol whispered.

“I think he knows none of lie him but you and Jongin, but guess he doesn’t care anymore; he got over it a long time ago.” Suho added.

“Yeah… since Baekhyun stopped cursing every time he saw him…” Both of them chuckled at that comment, and Suho raised his stare to Chanyeol once more.

“I guess he knew it wasn’t personal… Baekhyun hates everyone but you… I even thought he had a crush on you when I first met you guys.” Suho exclaimed, Chanyeol’s smile faltered and his expression turned o a mix of shock and disgust, eyes wide upon what Suho just said.

“That’s disgusting!!... Uhhh… No, No, No… Now a picture of that would be stuck in my mind for a few days. Thank you very much!” Suho couldn’t help but laugh loudly at how Chanyeol looked, his reaction was priceless.

“What? You find a gay man disgusting?” Suho faked a threatening glare at Chanyeol, one the he paid no attention to.

“No!... I find a gay Baekhyun disgusting…” At that, Suho laughed once more, Chanyeol looked adorable scrunching his nose like that, he looked like a little kid, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter