Chapter 38

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The clock struck 12 PM, Ji eun was sitting on her bed, staring outside the window with a melancholic expression. Her eyes were a bit red and puffy, her face was tear-stained and pale, and her heart wasn’t beating properly. It was as if she was slowly dying, regretting the choice she just made. Chanyeol proposed to her, promised her to stay by her side forever, but she chickened out and ran.

The worst part was that the only reason she ran was because she felt he was impatient, that he was tired of waiting for her while she was away locked in her room. She believed that was the only reason her proposed. But even if that was true, wouldn’t that be an indication of how much he loved her?

Ji eun breathed out heavily, her eyes closing slowly as she heard knocks on her bedroom door, she could tell that they were Yoona and Krystal, but she was just too tired to even make her way to open the door. She decided to ignore the knocks, and laid back silently on her bed, wishing for them to just go away, to let her be swallowed in her own misery.

But that didn’t happen, as the two girls got no response, they barged uninvited into her room, and stood side by side against the bed, eyes wide at the horrible state Ji eun was in.

“What the happened to you?” Krystal was the first to speak, scanning Ji eun with eyes wide and full of a mixture of curiosity and pity. Yoona stayed silent, getting a little nervous and biting her bottom lip in worry, she kinnda had an idea of what happened to her best friend.

“Ji eun-ah…” She whispered and she tried to grab the said girl’s attention, but it was of no use. Ji eun just laid there, eyes closed, face white as the sheets under her, and looking like a dead corpse. After a few minutes of silence passed, she finally decided to speak.

“I’m a horrible person…” She started with a faintly audible voice that got Krystal and Yoona’s attention immediately.

“… Chanyeol proposed… I left him there, I just left him there all alone… it must’ve hurt him so bad, when he woke up and didn’t find me next to him…” A tear escaped her eyes and made its way down on her face. Yoona closed her eyes, and sighed silently in frustration, she then decided to check up on Chanyeol later, the latter seemed too desperate when she met him a few days back, so he must be devastated right now.

“What the did you do Ji eun?” Krystal snapped on the said girl, and Ji eun turned to look at her, eyeing her in question and confusion. Yoona did the same, and Krystal noticed them both.

“What?! The dude was her ticket out of this hell! And I thought you loved him and blah, blah, blah… What the is wrong with you? Are you…” Krystal was just outrageous, she was about to complete attacking Ji eun when Yoona’s anger rose as well, and she cut her off.

“Yah! Shut up Krystal! Can’t you see she’s hurting like hell?” Yoona glared at her, and Krystal just closed , she wasn’t afraid of Yoona, but something about her glare just now felt terrifying. Ji eun eyed the both of them before she broke the tensed silence.

“No she’s right.” She declared, and both of them turned to look at her in shock.

“What the is wrong with me?” She scoffed and straightened up on her bed, burying her face in her hands. She then raised her stare and eyed them both.

“I love him… but I’m a coward… I’m afraid to just go down and tell my parents about him, so I ran away… I honestly deserve all this heartache but he doesn’t.” She closed her eyes as more tears started falling, and both the other two girls kept quiet.

“I’m such a coward.”

 

 

 

“Is he still asleep?” Kai asked as he looked at Baekhyun who just stepped out of Chanyeol’s bedroom. Baekhyun’s eyes were fixed on the ground in a melancholic gaze; he just nodded silently and made his way to the couch next to Sehun.

“I’ve never seen hyung like this before…” Kyungsoo exclaimed.

“He’s really hurt, isn’t he?” Sehun then continued and Baekhyun nodded at that. Suho, who was sitting next to Kyungsoo opposite to both latters, just sighed in frustration and turned to look at the door.

“He cried until he fell asleep…” Baekhyun closed his eyes, his face showing discomfort and pain. All of them stayed silent for a few seconds, staring at the ground with pit in their eyes.

“It’s weird you know…” Kyungsoo broke the silence first. “… How the happiest person among us just broke like that. It scares me.” Kyungsoo exclaimed and what he said kinnda send chills down the whole groups’ spines. It was really weird, as Chanyeol was the happiest person they ever came across, he just always smiled, even when things were too hard.

Baekhyun can ever remember what Chanyeol told him long time ago.

‘You know what makes me happy all the time Baekhyun? No matter how hard it is, I always smile.’

It was weird, Baekhyun had to admit, but somehow it always worked for Chanyeol, and he could see how people around Chanyeol were all jealous of him because of that. Chanyeol never once stopped smiling, not when his dad grounded him, not when his sister left for America, and definitely not when he broke up with many girls he used to like, but why now? What was so special about this one girl that changed Chanyeol 100 percent? It just made him angry.

“He’s helpless…” Kai exclaimed; suddenly cutting Baekhyun’s trail of thoughts. Baekhyun didn’t know why, but what Kai said made him enraged and furious, he started to feel his blood boil.

“He’s acting like a spoiled !” Baekhyun suddenl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter