Chapter 58

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Chanyeol…”

 

 

“Hi Ji eun” Chanyeol waved at Ji eun with a mischievous smirk, there was an infamous spark in his eyes, like he was searching for vengeance. Ji eun tried to step away from him, all the while staring at him wide eyed with disbelief, she couldn’t figure out how it could be possible, or if she was being delusional, all she knew was that the man she loved, the one that she haven’t seen for 4 years, was withing an arm’s reach, staring down at her with unreadable eyes.

“Took you long enough, I thought you weren’t coming, not like I wanted to leave though…” Key blurted out in annoyance, Ji eun turned to look at him with shock.

“You know each other?” She asked in an ccusing tone, Ji eun wanted to scream, she was convinced that she surely lost her mind.

“You can go now…” Chanyeol answered shortly, ignoring her question, coldness and heartlessness evident in his voice. Key nodded and smiled at Ji eun before leaving them alone, she felt uncomfortable just standing there with him, so she attempted to leave, but Chanyeol grabbed her arm roughly to stop her from going anywhere and leaned to whisper in her ear.

Chanyeol gave her a demanding stare, his smirk widening. “… Don’t make a scene.”

He pulled her to him and wrapped his arm around her waist, moving her closer. He took her hand and started dancing with her like it was the most normal thing to do, his smirk widening in pride upon feeling her flinch under his touch.

Ji eun started to relax and play it cool after a few minutes of dancing with him; she did notice the eyes and the whispers that this dance with Chanyeol led to, after all they were both pretty much known to society. She bit her own lip and tried hard not to focus on anything else but him, especially her parents’ faces which were now red with anger.  Ji eun looked up to meet Chanyeol’s uninterested eyes; she looked away from him and decided to take the chance of checking him out for now.

Apart from how he was suddenly acting, nothing much changed about Chanyeol; his hair was a brassy shade of blonde, still it looked a bit too good on him as it fell on his forehead covering his grown dark roots which can be seen only if you really focused, he got slightly thinner and from how she was standing closer to him she could notice how his body was more defined now, and how the black tux he was wearing accentuated his muscles. His facial features became stronger and colder, probably more gorgeous than before (if that was even possible).

But the thing that caught Ji eun’s attention was Chanyeol’s eyes, those eyes that she used to get lost in how warm they were, were now so cold and dark, showing nothing but carelessness and lust, things that made her even more shocked and confused. The cheeky, happy, and giddy Chanyeol was nowhere to be found, he was lost somewhere along the road of heartbreak, and Ji eun admitted to herself that she just ruined a perfectly good person because she was too stubborn to fight for him.

From all the experiences in her life (and countless TV dramas she watched), Ji eun was sure of one thing, Chanyeol wasn’t here to claim her back for himself, he wasn’t here to give her and himself a second chance, Chanyeol was here for revenge, to make her feel the pain he felt when she left him for another man. But hadn’t she suffered enough already?

Apparently, in Chanyeol’s eyes she hadn’t, she needed to feel the pain, to feel heartbroken, lost, confused, and scared. Chanyeol wanted her to feel everything he felt for the past few years, and the worst thing was, he didn’t even need to talk, just his eyes staring back at hers so coldly made her shake to the core, it made her feel empty and frightened.

Chanyeol didn’t say a word as they danced together, and neither did she, she was too confused and lost to talk, she didn’t know what or how to say anything. A lot of thoughts were roaming around her mind, until Chanyeol snapped her trail of thoughts when she felt his hands letting go of her, making her suddenly feel empty.

Chanyeol stared back at her for a second, before bowing down to her and walking away, leaving her behind staring into space. Ji eun turned to look at him when he was about half way to the door, she knew her parents were watching her, she didn’t care, if she didn’t talk to Chanyeol now, she feared he’d only stick around to hurt her.

So she ran, ran as fast as she could so she could just grab his hands and tell him all that she was feeling.

 

 

Ji eun took Chanyeol’s hand and pulled him out of the hall and into a nearby terrace at the end of the hallways. She stepped inside and let his hand go; closing the door behind her, she leaned against it as she stared back at him with uncertainty.

Chanyeol stared back at her with no utter interest, or so he showed, he was honestly pretty surprised that she acted like that with people around; he just waited for her to speak so he could get it over with and leave.

“I got a divorce…” She started, biting her lip and hoping for a reaction, but when she got nothing, she decided to continue anyway, unsure of what she has to say.

“… I’m not even mad about it, I’m actually relieved… neither of us loved the other…” Still no answer.

“I do miss you Chanyeol… I asked Baekhyun a lot about you, but he too didn’t know anything…”

By now Ji eun had laid all her cards on the table, the divorce, the ‘I didn’t love him’ part, and the ‘I miss you’ part, but nothing seemed to work because Chanyeol hasn’t done anything besides breathing and blinking.

Ji eun closed her eyes and sighed deeply in frustration, she looked back at Chanyeol and he was still the same.

“You can say something you know…”

“I have nothing to say.”

“So you just came all the way to Korea to just dance with me and leave, is that what you’re saying?”

“Pretty much.”

Chanyeol didn’t hesitate to answer; he seemed so collected and careless that it pushed Ji eun’s buttons. So all she did was let out a shaky breath and stepping aside for him to leave, and he did, he walked so calmly out with his hands in his pockets, as if there were paparazzi every were. At this point Ji eun was now squeezing her eyes shut and sobbing silently as she wrapped her arms around herself to just maintain a bit of warmth because ‘Damn it was cold!’

Ji eun felt something being put on her shoulders and warming her up, when she opened her eyes she saw Chanyeol jacket embracing her, she looked at the door and found it closed, Chanyeol stepped out without even making a sound, leaving her here all alone by herself.

She tightened her grip on the Jacket and wiped her tears with her free hand, not even caring about her makeup, as the wind blew lightly, she felt the scent of Chanyeol in the air; a scent she was so familiar with 4 years ago, a sent that brought back millions of memories. And even though Chanyeol’s heart was still locked up and full of hate, that little gesture he did just proved that there was a little bit of hope, only if she worked hard to get him back.

“I’ll just hold on to this for now…”

 

 

Key dropped his cigarette on the ground and stepped on it, breathing out a cloud of white smoke in the cold air. He looked up to the sky, tryin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter