Chapter 19

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ji eun laid her back against Chanyeol Chest, he was sitting against the headboard of the bed, he held her hand, and their fingers intertwining as he brushed his thumb gently against her soft skin. They held their hands in front of them and chuckled lightly at how good they look while holding hands, it was kind of silly yet romantic, and Ji eun was enjoying every bit of it. The room was dimly lit, with only the lamp on the night stand as their only source of light, which gave a more calming and romantic feeling to the atmosphere.

Ji eun could feel his slow steady breath against her back, so rhythmic and calming to her, he played with her hair gently, and she just laid her head back, ready to sleep in this calming position. Her heart was fluttering at this moment; there was no kissing, no touching in a lustful way, nothing that could make her feel used or anything other than being loved.

‘Love’ she thought. How amazing it would be if they were both in love, and if this could all last, but Ji eun knew, nothing lasts forever. How she wished time would freeze, just so that she could enjoy this moment a bit longer. Ji eun could swear that sometimes she thought that she was feeling something more towards Chanyeol that just ‘liking him’, but it would never make sense, right? How can she fall in love with a guy in a week? That’s impossible.

“What are you thinking about?” Chanyeol’s husky, deep voice cut her trail of thoughts. She smiled at the sound and shook her head lightly.

“Nothing much…” She answered back with a warm smile, even though Chanyeol couldn’t see it he could still hear how warm and loving her voice was.

They stayed silent for a couple of seconds more, Chanyeol was zoning out, thinking about everything that’s been going on lately, but every time he tried to focus on something, Ji eun would come to dominate all his thoughts, and that made him a little confused. He didn’t understand why he was starting to think about her this much, and what confused him more was that he wasn’t thinking about her in a lustful way, it was almost like Chanyeol was slowly falling for her and…

“Chanyeol!” Ji eun’s voice brought him back to reality, he blinked a few times trying to focus, what the hell was he thinking about just now, falling for her? Nah! That was never bound to happen so fast, right?

“Chanyeol?” Ji eun called for the second time, and Chanyeol remembered that he had company just now.

“Hmm…” was his only answer, he was still a bit shaken by the ideas he was having right now.

“Can I ask you something? But don’t laugh at me, okay?” Ji eun started, her voice a bit hesitant, and Chanyeol was starting to focus again, eager about what she had to ask. He hummed again, and waited for her to speak.

“What’s happiness to you?” Ji eun bit her bottom lip as the question came out, it kinnda was a silly out of nowhere question, but she was curious t hear what he had to say.

Right now, Chanyeol was more than glad that Ji eun wasn’t facing him, as he looked as confused as ever, he tried to search his mind for an answer but failing miserably. What kind of question was that? Ji eun was starting to get impatient, and he could feel that already, so he thought a bit hard for a second, and suddenly came up to the answer.

“Its… uh-um…” Chnayeol tried to think of a way to explain it; he cleared his throat and closed his eyes trying to focus on the right words.

“It’s looking beyond what you’re missing… appreciating what you have.” Chanyeol’s answer was short but right to the point, and Ji eun smiled a bit at his explanation. Chanyeol really knows how to impress a girl, huh? She thought about what he said, ‘appreciating what you have’ was all that echoed through her mind. Right now, she was more than appreciating for his presence; did that mean she was happy? Well, in a kind of way she was, but something else came up to her.

“Do you consider yourself as a happy person?” Chanyeol was getting flustered, in all his life he never thought someone would ask him that, so he never really prepared an answer. Throughout the years people have all been jealous of Chanyeol, how he always managed to live his life to the fullest with no care what so ever. His friends even had a nick name for him, ‘Happy Virus’ they used to call him, as they would always find him smiling, even at the toughest situations, but never did once Chanyeol think if he was truly happy, yet the answer was suddenly clear to him.

“I try to be…” Chanyeol answered in a low toned whisper, and Ji eun smiled at that. She thought for a second that this was enough for today but then Chanyeol continued where he left of.

“Suho sometimes used to tell me that I don’t roll with life, life rolls with me. It’s like, I’ve always been lucky in a way, Always knew how to have fun, and to appreciate everything I had, because God knows when I’ll lose it all.” As he finished, he breathed out happily on his accomplishment, right now, he was praising himself at how deep he was. Ji eun stared ahead, it kind of made sense, why Chanyeol always seemed this happy, but then again, she had nothing to appreciate, she was literally locked up for most of her life. But right now she was here, with him, she should at least appreciate that, and stop being so damn scared all the time that she might lose him.

With that said, the two latters fell asleep after a while, Chanyeol’s happy dreams kicked in, he was now feeling happier than ever with Ji eun around. Ji eun’s fears kicked in as well, but she tried to push them away, and focus on this particular moment, on Chanyeol, and on how much she was starting to get attached to him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter