Chapter 52

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now Playing: Henry Ft. Taemin and Kyuhyun - Trapped.

 

 

 

January 2nd.

“Yah, Hongbin!” Chanyeol whispered from behind the gates. It wasn’t that late, but the streets were freezing cold, people evacuated them almost immediately as night took its turn.

“Chanyeol-shi?” Hongbin whispered as he took careful steps towards the gates, he stopped in front of it only to notice a tall figure waiting for him on the other side. Hongbin looked left and right, if he got caught, he and Chanyeol would sure be dead meat, and he didn’t want that.

When he made sure that the coast was clear, he got out the keys from his left pocket and hurriedly opened the gates slightly for Chanyeol to enter. The garden was pitch black at this time, the air made it unbearable for both of them to stand outside, but Chanyeol had to do this, he had to see her one more time, and luckily, Hongbin was kind enough to agree on helping him.

“3rd floor, 1st window on the left…!” Hongbin whispered and Chanyeol just nodded back at him as they walked together towards the house. It was a 4 story mansion, with big windows overlooking on a very spacious garden, and since it was dark, the chances of someone seeing them was very small.

They reached a narrow emergency staircase at the back of the house that would lead Chanyeol to any of the rooms; it was strictly used for the guards, so Hongbin suggested it would be the best way to Ji eun’s room. Chanyeol bowed to Hongbin and the latter did the same, as he was about to go up, Hongbin grabbed his arm so Chanyeol would turn around and face him.

“Something wrong?” Chanyeol asked with a raised eyebrow, and Hongbin kept his stare on the ground below him.

“I… it’s just…” He started stuttering, not knowing what he should say. Hongbin took a deep breath and looked back at Chanyeol who was waiting for him to say something.

“You only have a few hours… please Chanyeol-shi be careful, because if you get caught, I…” He bit his bottom lip in uncertainty and looked back at him again. “… I’d have to beat you up, those are orders… so please, don’t make me do this!”

Chanyeol stared back at him in silence before his lips broke into a small, warm smile, he felt really appreciative for what the latter was trying to do.

When he first asked Hongbin why he was so keen on helping him, he found out that Hongbin’s been working with Ji eun’s family for 5 years, before that he lived in the mansion with Ji eun as the son of the chief of servants, Ji eun used to play a lot with him when they were young, accompanied by another kid, his name was Hyuk.

Chanyeol then found out that her parents became stricter by the days, they forced him and Hyuk to stay away from her, and so they did, Ji eun grew lonelier every day, she had no one to be with after that but Krystal and Yoona.

Hongbin wanted to help him so that he’d help Ji eun as well, he really knew how much she liked Chanyeol, and how much she hated the idea of being with Kris as his wife, he also found out some time ago that Kris was gay (he eavesdrops when he stands by the door on his shift), so yeah, he cared about her and wanted her to be happy, that was the only way he could think of.

Chanyeol patted the latter’s shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile; he then turned and started climbing up the stairs.

“Remember…” Hongbin hissed when Chanyeol was half way up. “… You only have till midnight!” Chanyeol smiled to himself as he kept walking upstairs.

In a few seconds, he found himself standing in front of a wide window that led to the girl’s room, he tried looking inside and found Ji eun on her bed, watching something on TV that Chanyeol believed was ‘Running man’. He took another glance at the latter as she laughed whole heartedly like she wasn’t getting married anytime soon, like it was one of those boring nights she spent by herself locked up.

Chanyeol didn’t know why but his insides felt a little warm and fuzzy as he saw her laugh, he had to admit she looked really adorable in her pink, bunny Pajama, and how the pink ears made her look extra cute if he may add.

“You shouldn’t look this cute, it’s not fair!” Chanyeol whispered to himself and sighed. The latter took a deep breath and knocked lightly on the glass, he saw her as she turned to look at the window with a surprised stare. Ji eun hopped off her bed and walked towards Chanyeol who tried to hold his laughter with all his might (because damn she just looked edible with that bunny pajama and it’s just torture to look at her).

Ji eun opened the window and looked at him with glistening eyes; he just stared back at her with an expressionless face and waited for her to say anything.

“Wh-what…?” She started but he then decided to talk first.

“Hi!” That was all he said, as he just smiled at her sweetly. Ji eun tilted her head and raised an eyebrow at him, and he just chuckled.

“Can I come in?” She nodded and made way for him to enter, and so he did. Chanyeol wandered with his eyes around the room, it was cozy, homey, filled with the latter’s personality, he sent, he even chuckled when he noticed the amount of ‘Rain’ ‘Lee Min Ho’ posters on her wall.

“I like them, okay? Especially Min Ho, he’s just a darling!” He watched in admiration as her eyes lit up when she said that.

“Damn… It would be nice if you looked like that when you talked about me.” He teased, and she hit his arm lightly as he chuckled.

 

 

They laid on the bed, her head resting on his chest, as they watched re-runs on TV; they enjoyed each other’s warmth, each other’s company, it wasn’t something lustful, but something nice, something they could’ve imagined doing with each other 5 years from now as a couple.

When they got bored, they spent the rest of the night talking about non sense, laughing and bickering about whatever, shared a few kissed, cuddled into each other’s arms again, it was amazing, that night, it was everything Ji eun wished she could do with Chanyeol, she never wanted her time with him to end, and neither did he want that.

He loved her, he loved spending time with her, but the hurt he was feeling was unimaginable, how he knew that tomorrow when she wakes up she’d become somebody else’s woman. He didn’t care if she didn’t love Kris, he didn’t care if it was forced on her to marry him, and the idea of losing her, of not being with her was all that haunted him.

He didn’t want to admit that a part of him hated her for not running away with him, for leaving him like that. That part also hated her so much for she still threw herself into his arms at night when the scent of another man lingered on her skin, how she never stood up for them, how she accepted that marriage like it was her fate and not her decision.

Chanyeol wished he could hurt her so bad, if he could just make her feel betrayed, make her feel his pain, maybe, just maybe it would ease the aches a little. So why not try?

“Ji eun-ah?” Chanyeol whispered as he ran his fingers through her dark brown, silky hair; and she just hummed as she cuddled closer to him.

“Do you love me?” Ji eun’s eyes shot open, she pulled back and straightened up on the bed, sitting face to face with him as he looked straight into her eyes.

“Do you?” He repeated and sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter