Chapter 29

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Alert!! This Chapter contains scenes. Now Playing: EXO-M - Black Pearl

 

 

Ji eun’s heart just gave up on her, her head became dizzy and her breath became fast and unsatisfying upon the gaze of the person standing right in front of her eyes. Kris looked drop dead handsome in his tux, which was neatly hugging his body, enhancing his muscles. Hi blonde hair styled perfectly, his bangs swept upwards, revealing his handsome face, and hard cold features that Ji eun would feel herself lost upon laying her eyes on. His brown eyes pierced into hers as she gulped hard, feeling a sudden pressure under his cold stare.

“Yi Fan…?” She whispered to herself, Kris recognized his name on her lips, smirking as he turned to face Ji eun’s parents; he bowed his head and extended his hand for a quick greeting.

“It’s a pleasure Kris…” The old man started with a wide grin on his face.

“The pleasure is all mine, sir.” Kris bowed his head and smiled back. His eyes left the man’s face and fixed on the petite girl who was still seated in her place, looking all confused and absent minded.

“Ji eun-ah, stand up to greet the guest… that’s rude.” Her mother hissed as she looked down on her. Ji eun blinked a few times, her body coming back to life once more; she looked and met her mother’s stare, and then stood up while avoiding eye contact with the blonde latter.

“I’m sorry Kris; she’s just not used to meeting people…” Her mother’s excuse was lame, yet kinnda believable. She glanced up at Kris’s hand as e extended it for a handshake; she hesitated before she took his hand to return back the gesture.

Kris smirked as he felt Ji eun’s hand flinch under his touch, he could feel all the heat leaving her body, crawling up to her cheeks, burning them into a crimson red color. Ji eun felt Kris’s hand tighten its hold on hers; she raised her stare from her hands to his eyes, her breathing momentarily stopped as they locked eyes. Feeling her surrounding become heated and remembering that her parents and his were in the room, she withdrew her hand and cleared , trying to act unfazed by Kris’s touch which sent butterflies to her stomach.

Her dad gestured for everyone to be seated. They all nodded and took their seats, Kris and Ji eun’s eyes never broke contact until his mother broke the silence, snapping her back to reality.

“Mr. Lee here talked about how much he admired your presentation Kris…” She exclaimed in content, her eyes narrowing as she smiled, a few wrinkles were evident on the corners.

“You’re a fine young man Kris…” Her dad exclaimed, she turned to stare at him, trying to focus on anything but Kris’s presence.

“Please, call me Yi Fan.” Kris smirked as he recognized Ji eun fidgeting in her place upon hearing his name, Ji eun turned to look back at him, her eyes locked with his once more, and she her heart held feelings she couldn’t quite pin down just yet, was it admiration, or was it hate that she felt towards Kris?

 

 

Diner was over, the elders were all busy laughing and talking about something Ji eun didn’t really pay much attention to. She stared at her empty plate, feeling Kris’s burning gaze upon her even when she wasn’t looking at him. Her heart hasn’t calmed down, threatening to stop again at any second; she took a deep breath and looked at her mother.

“Can I leave to get some fresh air, Umma?” She whispered. Her mother turned to look her, worry suddenly written on her face.

“Honey, you okay?” She asked as she whispered back.

“Yeah, just bored, a little tired as well. Don’t worry I just need to take a walk in the garden.” She gave her mother a reassuring smile, which soon faltered as she heard Kris speak.

“I hope you won’t mind if I take Ji eun for a walk?” His words were directed to her father, who brightened and gave an approving grin. He looked back at Ji eun who had no choice but smile back at him. Yup, she hated Kris.

 

 

They were walking side by side through dim lit, vast garden. Ji eun still couldn’t comprehend why she wasn’t running away, or avoiding the latter. Something inside her urged her to stay, and she helplessly obeyed. As she took a few secret glances at the tall latter, she figured he wouldn’t talk anytime soon as he kept his gaze ahead, face cold and expressionless, like he was lost in his thoughts.

“You seem to be taking this well…” Kris’s voice kinnda surprised her, it’s still deep and cold, sending chills down her spine and tying knots in her stomach. She kept her stare ahead as she answered.

“I don’t think there’s any other way for me to take this. You lied to me, used me, and now you’re standing next to me, what do you want me to scream and yell at you?” She gave him and angry questioning stare, without even bothering to glance at her, Kris lowered his head a little as he chuckled in amusement.

“I didn’t lie to you.” Was his only response.

“Oh really? Call me Yi Fan… What was that?” She spat at him in anger.

“My name…” He gave her an uninterested look; she just looked away from him and scoffed.

“Yeah right… And you didn’t know who I was when we first met; it was all such a coincidence… Destiny.” Kris gave a small laugh at the mocking tone in Ji eun’s voice.

“I’m not gonna lie, I knew who you were when we met… but I didn’t approach you for your father’s business.” Ji eun’s steps came to a stop; she turned to look at him in a mocking glare, eyeing him up and down in disdain.

“Then why?” She raised a brow at him.

“I have my reasons that I think you’ll be better off not knowing.”

“Right…” She mocked, rolling her eyes at what he said. Kris turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter