Chapter 14

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now Playing: Beast - Shadow. This Chapter was somehow inspired by Sehun's new "Yo" MV

 

 

“Come on in!” Chanyeol exclaimed as he opened the door of what was supposed to be a garage. The place was nicely furnished, with deep red walls, and some golden records hanging around. There were two mics placed in the middle of the room, a drum set at the back, a few electric guitars hanging around some of which were signed by famous singers. There were also two guitars placed at the corner of the room, and a lot of headphones thrown around on the black leather couch.

Ji eun walked with wide inspecting eyes, everything Chanyeol had was amazing that it seemed too unrealistic. It was unfair how cool all his stuff was, all his friends, and all the places he went to. To Ji eun, Chanyeol just seemed to own the world and what’s beyond.

“This is so…” Ji eun gasped and took in the whole scene; Chanyeol just chuckled as he saw her expression and continued where she left off.

“Amazing? Sick? Awesome?...” He asked teasingly, and she just ignored him as she went straight to the drum set, brushing her fingertips over its glossy dark blue surface.

“Out of this world.” She smiled to herself as she finished the sentence, and turned to look at Chanyeol with bright eyes, and a wide grin.

“Wanna try it?” He pointed at the drum set and she shook her head, she then turned her stare to one of the acoustic guitars at the corner.

“May I?” She asked first, as she made her way to look at it up close.

“Sure!” He answered warmly, sitting on the couch and watching her intently, silently.

Ji eun brushed her fingers over the hard wood, she smiled as her fore finger made contact with one of the strings, releasing a faint sound. Her eyes were sparkling as they laid on the guitar, it seemed like to her she was witnessing too much beauty.

“It’s old, isn’t it?” She asked, not taking her eyes off.

“It is. It’s my father’s actually. It’s Spanish, btw!” He exclaimed keeping his voice low and husky, matching the quiet atmosphere they were in. Ji eun grabbed the guitar gently, and started moving her fingers on the strings. Her grin widened as she started playing a short melody. Chanyeol just watched her silently, careful not to startle her.

She just moved her hands swiftly, and Chanyeol laid back on the couch, closing his eyes, and listening to the soft music with a soft, satisfied smile on his face. As the music played, Chanyeol couldn’t help but start thinking about her, how much fun he had even if it was just for a few hours. He knew something was different about her, and he was right. Ji eun was starting to be the best thing that happened to him, she got his mind off everything he wanted to avoid, made him laugh and smile constantly, and made his heart skip a beat every time she looked at him. Chanyeol wasn’t in love with her, but he knew he soon would be.

“What do you think?” Chanyeol opened his eyes as Ji eun’s voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

“That was beautiful.” He exclaimed and smiled at the ground.

“Oh shut up.” She put down the guitar and made her way next to him, making sure to keep a distance between them as she sat and stared at the wall in front of her.

“Why the mics?” She turned to him, and then back at the mics in front of her, Chanyeol followed her stare as well.

“Baekhyun, my best friend, he’s a good singer.” He answered.

“Wait, you’re friends with Byun Baekhyun?” She asked, eyes widening at him. “Who do you not know exactly?” She asked in a joking manner. Chanyeol chuckled at her then his eyes fell to the ground. Something in the way he smiled, the way he stared at nothing made the scene in front Ji eun look melancholic as he spoke.

“There were 7 of us. Suho and Kris, the oldest, Kai, Taemin, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and I…” He started, and he seemed like the memories were playing in front of him like a movie.

“… We were inseparable, you know. Everybody was jealous of how close we were. One day Kris introduced us to a boy you might know as Oh Sehun. He was an iljin in his school, but decided to leave his group and join ours, claiming that he wanted to change and whatever. We all welcomed him with an open heart, and he instantly became close to Kris and Suho as he was the youngest among us…” Chanyeol’s eyes suddenly fell, and his hands started trembling vigorously as he spoke the next part.

“But things took an ugly drift when Sehun’s friends would come to check on him every now and then, especially that guy, Luhan, whom we all loathed. He would offer Sehun all kinds of stuff, alcohol, drugs, pills, everything. When Kris stepped to him one day, Luhan didn’t take it very well, and was sure to take his revenge…” He paused and sighed deeply, running his fingers through his hair in frustration.

“I don’t know what happened exactly, I was too high to even figure out where I was, and…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter