Chapter 56

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The clock struck 10, the sweet, early December breeze was turning into a viciously cold wind that was tough on the skin. Near the busy streets, where the ground was damp, and the white smoke of cigarettes and strong smell of liquor filled the air,  Ji eun stood in front of a familiar Chinese night club in a prestigious street that was almost empty. She looked around her and only saw a few people scattered here and there, most of them looked drunk, and when one person eyed her strangely she looked away and tried to stay calm.

She could hear the sound of the music pumping through the walls as she approached the door where 3 guys in tuxedos that had very familiar features stood smoking. The Honey-brown haired one noticed her first; he turned to look at her with scanning eyes, and then raised an eyebrow in question. Ji eun tried to look unfazed and walked closer; she gave a small smile and bowed a little.

“Hi… is Luhan here?” She kept her smile on her face and spoke as sweetly as possible, his face eased a little, which made her think that he wasn’t as hostile as he seemed. He smiled at her and bent down to her eye level, he wasn’t that tall, but he was standing on a step, which made him obviously taller than her, and he had a sweet, friendly looking smile on his face.

“You know that a girl like you shouldn’t be around here at this hour, right?” He asked, and Ji eun just nodded, that close proximity made her self-conscious, but she concealed it.

“If this is your way of hitting on her, then you at flirting Chen…” The boyish looking latter that stood next to him said. Chen looked back at him with a simple expressionless face, and then looked back at her; she didn’t budge or look away.

“I’m not hitting on her; I’m serious, because it’s dangerous around here at this time. And why the hell do you care anyway?” He spat back at him without even looking, and after he was done talking, he flashed a smile that revealed his pearly-white teeth and emphasized his amazingly sculpted jaw line. Ji eun thought that his smile must’ve been the reason that Luhan hired him, she knew how the latter loved good looking boys by his side; she chuckled inwardly and then brushed the matter off when the taller, hostile-looking one spoke next.

 “Why do you want to see Luhan anyway?”

“I have something to discuss with him.” She just answered simply with a tinge of attitude in her voice; the shorter, boyish looking one let out a heavy sigh and opened the door to walk in, with Chen still facing her.

“You look awfully familiar.” Chen tilted his head with an unsure look; she raised her stare and looked back at him.

“Of course she’s familiar you dimwit…” The taller one exclaimed as he let out yet another breath full of smoke.

“And why is that, if I may ask?” Chen exclaimed in a scoffing manner as he stood upright, walking closer to the taller guy with an annoyed expression on his face. The taller one was about to answer, when the door opened behind them and the boyish looking guy came out; he had a fake smile on his face, like he was trying to be nice while he actually didn’t want to. Ji eun just wanted to slap that smile off his face because it was just too annoying.

“I’m sorry but Luhan’s a bit busy now… He can’t really meet you.” He shrugged with a fake apologetic manner as if shooing her away. Ji eun inwardly rolled her eyes at his attitude, he definitely seemed rude, and why was he acting like he was talking to a child or something?

“Have you told him who asked for him?” She asked in a scoffing manner, crossing both arms against her chest, okay playing nice didn’t work, so mode on!

“And who might that be?” He scoffed with a smirk on his face.

“Lee Ji eun” The taller one answered before throwing the cigarette bud on the floor and stepping on it, Ji eun smirked when the boyish looking one’s face fell a little, he seemed to recognize the name. Actually both of them seemed because that Chen guy’s eyes widened upon hearing it, both of them looked at each other then back at her.

“Xiumin I think you should go tell him to come out here.” Chen gave an uneasy smile and looked at her; he then turned to look at the taller one “You could’ve told us earlier, Toa!” He hissed, and Tao just rolled his eyes before opening the door and walking back inside, followed by Xiumin.

 

A few minutes later, Xuimin came out with Luhan trailing behind him. Luhan looked a bit surprised but once he laid eyes on her he smirked, put both hand in his pockets, and acted cool as he descended down the stairs. His hair was messily styled, a few strands falling on his forehead as the rest was brushed upwards, and his white, cashmere sweater and blue jeans made him look utterly irresistible.

“What brings you here at this late hour princess?” Again, the words that came out of his mouth normally shouldn’t come from a face like that, as he stepped closer, Ji eun noticed how he’s gotten prettier, in a girly way to be honest.

She shrugged and his smirk widened, he turned to look at Chen and Xiumin who were standing right behind him, then looked back at her. “They weren’t rude to you, were they?” Luhan blinked cutely at her.

Ji eun looked at Xiumin in the eyes, and his stare fell immediately to the ground with a guilty stare, she wanted to laugh at how nervous and scared he looked, she also wanted to tell Luhan about him, but she decided to turn the other cheek and act nice towards him.

“No… They were exceptionally nice to me.” She smiled sweetly, and Xiumin’s head shut up with slight wide eyes and a surprised expression on his face, Ji eun smirked at him and then smiled at Luhan when he eyed her curiously.

 

 

Luhan led her to the room she entered when she came with the boys, Chen and Xuimin walked right behind them, and when they were seated at the familiar room, both of them left. He gestured for her to sit beside him, but she ignored him and sat on the sofa opposite to him. Luhan eyed her and sighed a laugh of amusement. She eyed the room curiously, still the same she noted, leather, black furniture, luxurious black flooring covered with a velvety, red carpet, dark red walls, but the difference was that the illumination was better, which seemed to comfort her more.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter