Chapter 46

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now Playing: Exo M - Don't Go

 

 

After the small, unexpected meeting with Luhan, Sehun started walking back to the party; Sehun hung his head low, his steps clumsy and agonizingly slow. He had this pain in his chest that he didn’t know where it came from, so he loosened his tie a bit and ed the first two buttons of his shirt. Sehun didn’t know what to expect when seeing Luhan again, a hug maybe, more effort of getting him back? He was his best friend, the person that he most trusted throughout the years, but when Sehun left, it was like Luhan didn’t even care.

Sehun remembers that day all too clearly, the day Kris stood face to face with Luhan, ordering him to stay away from Sehun for good. All Luhan did was laugh hysterically and then smirk at him coldly. But Luhan did something then that Sehun never really understood, he asked to be left alone with Sehun for 5 minutes, and even though Kris was reluctant, he agreed after Luhan promised he won’t hurt him.

He remembers the room they stood in vaguely, just that the furniture was all black and blue; it was dimly lit if he recalled correctly. The only thing that Sehun remembers clearly enough was Luhan’s look at him, how it pained him to see the strongest person he knew this vulnerable and hurt.

 

“You can leave now…” Luhan smiled at him, and Sehun just stared back at him with his infamous poker face.

They stayed like that for a few seconds, silence engulfing the room, and the air thickening around them. Honestly, Sehun never minded that, because every time he was left alone with Luhan, silence seemed to take place, they looked into each other’s eyes, and it was louder than any scream. Sehun could understand Luhan almost immediately, he knew everything about him, when he’s being real, and when he’s being fake.

Right now, Luhan was being too real for Sehun’s liking, it was as if Luhan was biding him goodbye for good.

Out of nowhere, Luhan started taking slow steady steps towards Sehun; he raised his left hand and cupped Sehun’s cheek, brushing his thumb slightly on it. He gave Sehun a soft smile, and then pulled him into a tight hug.

“Hyung…” Sehun’s voice came out shaky, and he didn’t know why he was suddenly trembling, he never saw this side of Luhan, the kind, loving side.

“Shhh…” Luhan interrupted and tightened his hold on Sehun. At that time, Sehun was still shorter than Luhan, so he kept his head resting on Sehun’s as a lone tear ran down his cheek.

Luhan knew that once Kris stepped in between them, it wouldn’t be easy to be with Sehun anymore, he wouldn’t get to tell him that he was in love with him, he wouldn’t get to , spend all his time with him, see him laugh. It hurt Luhan like hell, and suddenly he wasn’t afraid to admit it to himself, how much he was going to miss this young latter.

“From now on, Kris’s your hyung… you treat him with respect, you obey everything he says… for now I can’t fight to keep you with me because it will only result in hurting you…”

He pulled back and came face to face with the shorter. Sehun kept his gaze on the ground as he felt Luhan’s piercing gaze on him.

“Go now…” Sehun raised his stare back at Luhan’s and he was stunned that Luhan’s blank, cold stare was back. It was like he suddenly transformed, like the Luhan that hugged him just now was gone, and replaced with the normal, cold, merciless Luhan he always knew.

 

Sehun sighed as he remembered that, he didn’t understand why back then it hurt so much. Maybe because Luhan didn’t even fight for him later as well, maybe because he let him go so easily, but why did it even matter to him? Why did Luhan matter to him this much?

Sehun sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose as he closed his eyes for a few seconds, when he opened them; he looked around and noticed that he was kind of lost. Sehun sighed again in frustration as he realized that he has been walking without paying attention for some time now, and just got himself lost. He turned around to walk away, when he stopped as he noticed Kris getting into one of the rooms.

Kris looked disappointed, his head hung low, and his stare was hurt and angry, kinnda like Sehun’s state a few seconds ago, he saw as the door closed behind the tall latter. He walked closer and read ‘150’ on the door. He stared back at the door for a few seconds more, and then turned to find his way back to the hall.

 

Luckily, it took him only a short while to reach the party again (and a lot of asking around). Now Sehun was back in his chair, next to his father, when he noticed Suho sitting next to his in a table not so far away from him. Sehun excused himself and walked towards the older with a confused expression, he didn’t realize Suho knew about this whole thing, and he felt a little sad because he knew how much his hyung was hurting right now.

Suho noticed the young latter coming towards him; he excused himself from the table and stood up to greet Sehun with a wide, loving smile.

“You came…” Sehun exclaimed with a concerned look and Suho’s smile didn’t falter one bit.

“Yeah… I got an invitation yesterday, my dad made me come… you know he and Kris’s dad have been friends for their whole lives.” Sehun was a little confused as to how Suho seemed Okay with all of this, his smile looked to sincere for someone seeing his first love getting married to someone else.

“Hyung…” Sehun started carefully. “Are you okay?”

“Why wouldn’t I be?” Suho shrugged and Sehun just nodded back at him.

“Since Kris isn’t here… I might as well tell you anyway… I think he locked himse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter