Chapter 59

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now Playing: EXO-K - The First Snow.

 

 

 

“Look at you, Look at that… Ooooh! You’re so handsome… Yes. You. Are. oh yes you are!”

“Stop that, it’s scary…”

“Tch... You don’t appreciate beauty…”

“I don’t appreciate A-uals!”

“What?”

“Stop!” Chanyeol screamed at both Baekhyun and Key who were fighting for the 9th time since morning.

“Nu-uh! Don’t you dare stop me Park!” Key rose from his seat and narrowed his eyes at Chanyeol, who looked away seemingly uninterested and unaffected by whatever Key was trying to do.

“By the way, ‘A-uals’ is not a type of human uality Baek.” Chanyeol exclaimed while looking through a hairstyles catalogue, completely ignoring Key who pouted and threw himself on a chair with an abandoned puppy look.

“It is… we just discovered the first case…” Baekhyun scoffed. “I mean, have you ever seen a man flirting with his reflection before? I’m telling you ‘A-ing-ual’!” He gave Key a mocking smirk, and the latter just looked away, pouting even more at the insult. Chanyeol let out a small laugh and closed the catalogue, taking a deep breath; he turned to both latters sitting by his side.

“So… I’m here because…?” Chanyeol started.

“Your hair is an offence to mankind!” Baekhyun blurted out suddenly, making Chanyeol roll his eyes for the nth time, because seriously his hair looks good.

“How about chocolate brown, it’ll make your eyes stand out, maybe go well with your skin tone… ooh, how about some highlights too?” Key jumped in excitement, making Chanyeol give him a warm smile.

“Oooh, how about NO?!” Baekhyun snorted and looked back to his tall best friend, Baekhyun seemed awfully jealous of how nice Chanyeol was treating the latter, it made his blood boil and he didn’t know why. Maybe the fact that Key looked, and acted a little too gay for Baekhyun’s liking. Don’t get this wrong, Baekhyun was never a homophobic; he was one of the first people to ship Suho and Chen together. Baekhyun was just (anti-gay-people-liking-his-best-friend) kind of guy, yup that’s it!

“Just stick with black, it suites you…” Baekhyun exclaimed, or more like ordered.

“But black is too main stream!” Key rose in objection, making both Baekhyun and Chanyeol look his way, Baekhyun stood from his chair and walked towards him, leaning forward that their noses almost touched.

“Shut it Blondie, or I swear I’ll shove my fist into your girly little mouth!”  Baekhyun spoke in a threatening tone and the latter swallowed hard, nodded slowly in agreement, and breathed out heavily when Baekhyun finally stood up right and walked back to his chair.

As Baekhyun was sitting, smirking in pride, what he heard next made him a little (a lot) angry.

“I think Key’s right… Black’s just too main stream… you should try changing your hair too, what do you think Baek?” Chanyeol smiled so warmly that Baekhyun couldn’t do anything but give up on his anger and forcefully smile back. Once both latters were busy with their catalogue checking, Baekhyun’s smile fell into a deathly frown as he secretly glared at Key’s reflection in the mirror.

 

“I can’t believe you guys talked me into this… It feels like I’ve gone bald!” Baekhyun squeezed his eyes shut as he ran his fingers through his now, shiny, smooth, light-blonde, wet hair. The latter opened his eyes and stared at himself in the mirror with a horrified look, what made it worse is that Key ordered one of the staff to lighten Baekhyun’s eyebrows as well.

“I’ve gone bald and brow-less at a very young age… it’s not fair!” The latter faked a sob, while both Chanyeol and Key stared at him in disapproval.

“I can’t believe I’m gonna say this, but someone has to…” Key started in an annoyed tone. “…  You look hot you short freak, now stop with the wining!”

Baekhyun stopped his act and glared at Key in a deathly way, making Chanyeol burst into laughter. The latter was taking bleaching his hair way to seriously for his own good; he actually looked pretty decent now.

The door to Baekhyun’s office opened and in came Taeyeon with a cup of coffee, she didn’t pay attention to who was standing in the office as she had her headphones on, singing Big Bang’s ‘Fantastic Baby’ while moving to the rhythm. Once she stepped beside the desk, she looked up to be met by Chanyeol, an unknown guy (Key), and a blonde boyfriend staring back at her.

Taeyeon’s mouth fell agape as she let go of the cup in her hand, letting it fall freely and stain the black carpet right beneath her feet.

“Ch-chanyeol?” She stared at Chanyeol in disbeleaf, and then her eyes turned to the next person. “… Who’s he?” Finally, her eyes made contact with Baekhyun. “… SINCE WHEN WERE YOU BLONDE?” she screamed the last part in shock, and Baekhyun face palmed because he knew this is exactly how she would react.

 

 

“… I like it though.”

“Tell him sister, it even goes well with his suit!” Baekhyun turned to glare at Key for the 100th time, the latter just looked away and pretended to see nothing, while Chanyeol just sat, folding his arms against his chest as he watched the 3 latters in front of him bicker childishly.

“Honestly Baek, You look too damn y in that blonde hair…” She blushed at the last part.

“Then why did you…”

“She was taken aback by your hotness…” Chanyeol cut in in a mocking tone, Taeyeon turned to glare at him, her face so red with embarrassment, and he just winked at her in return.

 

 

 

“Can we talk?” Key popped his head from behind the bedroom door with a cute smile; Chanyeol just nodded and let him in. The latter skipped to the bed and Jumped beside Chanyeol under the covers, both facing the TV screen placed at the wall opposite to them.

“What are you watching?”

“Not sure…” Key just nodded and looked ahead again.

“Why didn’t you tell Baekhyun that you met her?” Key threw the question in the air, not really expecting an answer, but after a few minutes of silence he got one.

“Too much on the first meeting… I shouldn’t bother him with those things, at least not yet I mean.”

“But you are going to see here again, right?” Again, a few minutes of silence passed.

“I don’t know if I should… I want to, but… I don’t want to…” Chanyeol answered coldly, trying to act like talking about her didn’t bother him at all.

“Why don’t you want to?” Chanyeol bit his bottom lip, a habit he developed upon getting nervous while living in London, Key noted how he chewed hard on his poor lip and looked away, and hoping Chanyeol would at least make an effort to answer.

“Because I’m scared I’ll get hurt again…” Chanyeol’s answer came so suddenly, it made Key turn to look at him with interest. The latter stayed silent and waited patiently for his friend to complete

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter