Chapter 39

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now Playing: Infinite - Back

 

It was almost noon, Suho was just furious, everything around him was a blur, and he kept walking aimlessly in the streets of Seoul. Suho was angry, angry at Kris; angry at himself for believing Kris, for thinking that maybe he still felt something for him. The streets were busy, he kept bumping into people along the way, and they eyed him with so much disdain at how horrible he looked and how messed up he acted. But Suho didn’t care, the pain was so much for him to take, he can already feel his insides being torn in a very slow, torturing rhythm.

He only snapped out of his absent minded state when he found himself standing in front of a huge house, with tall, black gates, and several cars parked along the way. Kris’s house, he remembered, he’s only been here a couple of times when Kris would let him sneak in behind his parents. His been to Kris’s room, stayed with him, wrapped in his arms, the feeling of safety and warmth rushing through him; Suho remembered all of that as he stood facing the gates. How stupid was he to believe such lies? To be this vulnerable all over again?

Suho found himself walking up to the front entrance; it wasn’t so hard to get in because his parent’s house was nearby so the guard remembered him anyway. He walked pass the spacious garden, the one he and Kris used to play in when they were young. He could see the swing at the corner of the garden from afar, something that stirred up emotions of nostalgia inside of him, but he ignored it. Suho hates Kris right now, he wants to hurt him as much as his hurt, that’s what he’s about to do.

He rings the doorbell, and an old man, in his late 70’s, white hair, tall, and thin, greets him with a forced smile. Suho nods at him and looks inside the house, and when he attempts to step inside, the man stands in front of him, preventing him from going in.

 

“I’m here to see Kris…” Suho speaks with a venomous tone, but it seemed like the man wasn’t fazed by this.

“I’m sorry to have to tell you sir, that Yi Fan-shi isn’t here right now… schedule a meeting with him or…” And as he was about to continue, a soft voice cut him off almost immediately.

“Who is it?” A lady in her late forties, elegant, petite, and beautiful, stood not so far away from the entrance. The lady beamed as she laid eyes on Suho, smiling from ear to ear, she took a few steps closer to the latter and spoke with a warm, enthusiastic tone.

“Joonmyun! Sweetie, how are you?” The old man made way for her so that she could hug the said latter. Suho’s face softened, he raised his arm slowly and rested it on the woman’s back, closing his eyes and enjoying the warmth and comfort he was receiving from the motherly embrace. She pulled away from him and griped his shoulders, smiling at him as she scanned him with proud eyes.

“Look at you, all grown up and handsome… Oh, I must be getting old…” She chuckled, and Suho let out a small chuckle himself. “… you look amazing, Joonmyun… you grew up fine.”

“Mom…” A deep voice echoed through the halls, and Suho’s eyes shot up in anger. Kris was in the house somewhere, but he couldn’t move because Kris’s mom was right in front of him. Suho hesitated for a second, before she spoke.

“I guess you’re here to see Kris…” She smiled at him, and turned to look around, then back at him again. “… I don’t know if you still remember the house, but he’s at the living room… you know where it is?” Suho nodded, and excused himself with a bitter tone, making her question his weird attitude.

He stormed off in the direction on the living room, with her trailing right behind him and calling out his name in confusion. Just as he entered he so Kris getting off the couch and moving to step out of the room when he came to a halt as he saw him.

“Joonmyun?” Kris blinked at him with uncertainty. He wasn’t sure what was Suho doing there, but he was sure of two things: Suho’s presence was dangerous as it presented a threat of both of them being exposed. And Suho didn’t look very happy, he was actually confused with the way he was eyeing him because Kris never saw this side of Suho before.

“You …” Suho hissed, and both Kris and his mom’s eyes widened.

“You couldn’t just let us be and stayed in Canada, could you?”

“Joonmyun…” Kris moved closer with his voice barely above a whisper, when he attempted to take Suho’s hand, the latter moved it away furiously and glared back at him, causing Kris to freeze in his place with pained eyes.

“You couldn’t just let me be, could you Kris?” Hi voice became much louder. “You had to hurt me again, right? Isn’t that what you wanted, to hurt me again? Right Kris?”

Suho’s face was crimson red, with hot trailing down his face; he glared at a surprised Kris with pained eyes, restraining himself from attacking the tall latter. Kris was speechless, he just started back at Suho and didn’t know what to say, Kris was utterly confused by what the shorter was saying because he had no idea what he was talking about.

“ANSWER ME!” Suho screamed, and Kris’s mother ran to hold her son’s hand, tugging at it in fear. Kris didn’t mind her; he kept his stare fixed at Suho, trying to figure out what to say.

“You need to calm down…” Kris answered, seemingly fazed by Suho’s anger, he didn’t know why but he was really scared. Kris was scared of Suho, and of losing him at the same time.

“Calme down?” Suho exclaimed. “You want me to calm down? How the will I do that?” The petite lady flinched at the use of inappropriate language; Kris gave her hand a light reassuring squeeze without glancing back at her.

“This isn’t the place for us to talk, let’s go some….” As Kris was about to finish Suho cut him off with a mocking tone.

“Why? You don’t want her to see this, do you? You don’t want your precious mother to know wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter