Chapter 44

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now Playing: Exo-k - Baby Don't Cry.

 

 

“What do you think?”

“Not enough.”

“What do you mean not enough?”

“I mean, Kris has a better offer. Plus they’re getting married I guess, I’m sorry Chanyeol you don’t stand a chance!”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were seated in the shorter latter’s apartment. Baekhyun was trying to help Chanyeol with a presentation, one that Chayneol believed would throw Kris’s offers out of the window, but it seemed he was wrong. Now Chanyeol was back at square one, he had no good offers for Ji eun’s father, he had no ideas on how to approach him, and he was slowly losing hope of getting her back.

Rumors have been flying around the city about a probability of marriage, The Wu’s and The Lee’s partnership made everyone talk about it. Chanyeol tried to ignore the talks as much as he could, but it just devastated him even more when he heard his own father talking about that with Baekhyun’s parents. Fortunately, the latter was there to take care of him; he just pulled him out of the room and dragged him to his apartment, where he’s been staying for 2 days now.

Chanyeol sighed in frustration and walked away from Baekhyun, he enetered the bedroom and slammed the door behind him, Baekhyun only watching him silently, with an expressionless look. He got used to this, he got used to Chanyeol’s sudden temper, and he couldn’t blame him, because he knew Chanyeol was just trying to hide his misery. Chanyeol’s been working on that presentation nonstop for the past 2 nights and Baekhyun just wanted him to rest, he knew it was over anyway. But it seemed like the taller didn’t believe so, because he just repeated ‘There’s still hope!’ every time Baekhyun addressed the subject.

Baekhyun phone ringing snapped him out of his thoughts; he walked to the coffee table and fetched it. ‘Sehun’ it read, Baekhyun just swiped the screen and put the pone near his ears.

“This better be important Sehun, I’m not in the mood for .” He spat, not even caring that he sounded cruel.

“~Is Ji eun and Kris’s marriage news important enough for you?~” Baekhyun’s eyes widened and he suddenly stopped breathing, his grip on the phone loosened a little, and the pone was about to fall, but he adjusted his grip in the last minute.

“Wh… What news? You better not be ing with me, Yah OH SEHUN!” Baekhyun couldn’t control his anger and shock; this was a disaster, an utter, destructing disaster that would send his best friend to hitting rock bottom.

“~Hyung… The pre wedding party is tomorrow… In The Galaxy Hotel… I think you even got an invitation, they’re inviting everyone who’s anyone.~” Sehun then exclaimed.

“Do you think Chanyeol got one?”

“~I’m not sure, but I guess they sent him one… his father’s a really important person, and they won’t risk him not attending.~” Baekhyun shut his eyes close as he heard the answer, okay, he needs to run as fast as hell to Chanyeol’s house and bury the invitations if he found them.

“I need to burn it! I’ll call you later.” And with that he hung up, not even waiting for Sehun to reply.

“Burn what?” Chanyeol’s voice sent Baekhyun jumping on the couch with a yelp.

*way to act like nothing happened, Baek!*

“Chanyeol!” The latter explained with a sheepish smile, and an abnormally loud tone.

“Burn what?” The tall latter echoed and Baekhyun was starting to freak out. He debated whether to tell Chanyeol or not, well his mind told him not, and so did his heart, but then his mind said that Chanyeol would know anyway, from TV maybe or even from the papers.

*Why not tell him yourself, it’d be better, right?*

Baekhyun sighed, closing his eyes momentarily to prepare himself for the storm ahead. He then stood up and walked to Chanyeol with a serious expression as the latter eyed him worriedly.

“Sit.” Beakehyun demanded softly, and Chanyeol did as he was told.

“Ji eun is…” And Baekhyun didn’t have to complete, he sensed that his best friend knew what he was about to say the moment he uttered the girl’s name. Chanyeol’s face turned really white, his eyes fixed at Baekhyun in pain and plead, he looked like he had just been stabbed in his stomach or something and it hurt Baekhyun so much that he looked away.

“When?” Chanyeol’s voice came out low, deep, and broken.

“Tomorrow’s the pre-wedding party… They need to introduce her to everyone I guess, because no one knows how she looks like.” Baekhyun spoke with prudence, and he was surprised that Chanyeol showed no sign of crying or screaming or anything of that matter. The latter was calm and contained, he took the news really well, and he just nodded and looked back at Baekhyun with a pained smile.

“It’s over.” Chanyeol explained as he looked at the window to his right.

“No! It’s not… The party is at the Galaxy hotel… you can stop her, you can make her come back to you… just go there, tell her you love her...” Baekhyun blurted out furiously.

“Because maybe…” His voice came to a halt, breathing heavily, his eyes studied his best friend, and his voice came out low again. “Maybe…”

“Maybe…” Chanyeol echoed with a scoff. “… I hate that word.”

“I know you do.” Chanyeol looked back at the shorter with an expressionless face. His eyes fell to the ground as if in deep thought, and after a few minutes of silence, he spoke again.

“Maybe she doesn’t want me…”

“Maybe she does…” Chanyeol sighed a laugh and Baekhyun’s heart broke a little because he knew Chanyeol was trying hard not to cry.

“You won’t lose anything if you tried one last time…” Chanyeol turned to look back at Baekhyun and was a little surprised of how serious Baekhyun was looking right now. It wouldn’t hurt, the damage was done anyway right?

“What do you suggest?” Baekhyun smirked in confidence.

“Leave it to me…”

 

 

 

“It’s just for a few minutes!!”

“No… No… No… No…”

“YAH DO KYUNGSOO!”

“GOD DAMMIT, BYUN BAEKHYUN!”

The two latters have been bickering like this for some time now, if this didn’t stop soon, sure both of them would murder each other brutally. When Chanyeol finally agreed on trying to meet Ji eun, hoping he’d change her mind on the wedding thing. Baekhyun saw the pain in Chanyeol eyes when he told him about the pre-wedding party, and even though Chanyeol acted like it was no big deal, and that it wasn’t over yet, and that he still has a change to turn things around, Baekhyun knew better not to be fooled.

It was just too obvious, how he held every tear, every scream, how he tried to shrug the pain off. It hurt Baekhyun, it broke his heart because his once unbelievably happy best friend, was now miserable as hell. He had a plan, Baekhyun had the best plan in the world, and it will all go so well if Do Kyungsoo would just cooperate with them.

So now here they were ready to run over each other with their cars, as they stood arguing about the possibility of Chanyeol entering the hotel without anyone noticing.

“DID YOU JUST CALL ME BY MY FULL NAME?!!” Baekhyun’s eyes went wide with offense; he gasped and was taken aback by the way Kyungsoo just shouted at him. On the othe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter