Chapter 20

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now Playing: Big Bang - Ego

 

Ji eun’s eyes fluttered open as she felt the heat of the sun hitting her face. She could smell something delicious being cooked just down stairs, and could feel the coolness of the sea’s breeze against her skin. She smiled as it was kind of the perfect atmosphere to wake up into. She turned to her side only to be met by an empty bed. Pushing through the fluffy pillows and the soft white cover, she stood up against the bed, and looked round the room for any sign of Chanyeol.

She was still a little sleepy, and she felt her head all light and dizzy, but then realization hit her, the smell from downstairs, could it be that Chanyeol was preparing breakfast for her? Well it definetly smelled like vanilla pancakes. Ji eun jumped on her bed, and squeaked silently, hugging one of the puffy pillows in excitement. A guy cooking her breakfast? That was like the most romantic thing ever. She giggled silently at the thought of that, and bit her bottom lip in happiness.

She made her way downstairs, not caring that she was still in her sleeping clothes and that her hair was all messy. She was still wearing Chanyeol’s White shirt that he gave her the night before, and a pair of his light blue boxers, which were weirdly comfortable considering their enormous size.

She tip toed down the stairs, feeling a little excited at what she was about to see, and when she came near the kitchen, she glanced secretly from behind the white wooden door to see what Chanyeol was doing.

Like she expected, Chanyeol was standing against the stove, his back turned to the door, and he was frying some pancakes while holding a phone between his shoulder and ear.

“Well I don’t care; just find a way to make it happen!” Chanyeol’s vice looked rather angry, and Ji eun’s smile faltered a little, and was soon replaced with a confused expression. Who was he talking to?

“Yoona please?!” Chanyeol begged, and Ji eun’s eyes widened at the name. Yoona? Why was he talking to her?

“Oh come on! I’m only asking for two days more, what’s so damn hard about that?! I just want to take her around; I want to spend more time with her!” Chanyeol pleaded and he sounded rather desperate, Ji eun figured he was somehow talking about her, and she smiled at how cute that was.

“Really?! You’d do that for me? I mean for Ji eun of course!” Chanyeol started jumping up and down and dancing in happiness and Ji eun chuckled at him.

“Ask her permission?” Chanyeol’s dances faltered and he looked rather puzzled.

“You think she’d refuse to stay?... I don’t know, I thought I only had to ask for your permission, I mean, I thought Ji eun wouldn’t mind staying here. We already agreed for you guys to give us a week, and there’s three days left already! She wouldn’t mind spending them here, right?” Chanyeol looked rather worried, and Ji eun just watched carefully as his expression looked kinnda sad, she chuckled because she didn’t realize he’d try this much to make her happy while she stayed with him.

“Okay, I’ll ask her first thing when she wakes up… I’ll get back to you this afternoon. Bye!” With that, Chanyeol got off the phone and stared into nothingness. Ji eun waited for a few minutes then entered the kitchen, looking all fake-asleep. Chanyeol smiled at her warmly when she stepped in, and leaned against the counter as she sat.

“What’s that smell?” Ji eun asked with a sleepy voice, rubbing her eyes to complete the picture, and Chanyeol just chuckled at how messily cute she looked.

“Pancakes!” He exclaimed, and watched as her eyes rose to meet his. She blinked a few times as if trying to focus then smiled sheepishly at him.

“You’re doing this for me?” She asked teasingly, but rather innocently and Chanyeol couldn’t help but chuckle back. He nodded with a wide grin then turned to take the last two pieces of pancakes into a plate. He placed everything in front of Ji eun and watched her as she eyed the food with an impressed look. There were fruits, scrambled eggs, French toast, butter, jam, syrup, and of course, the pancakes, and it’s like they never left the hotel.

“You did all of this?” She asked, looking at him in a little disbelief, he nodded, and sat opposite to her.

“That’s kinnda impressive, I have to say!” Chanyeol’s grin widened and his eyes fell to the food in front of him. He looked kind of hungry.

“You didn’t cook this to impress me did you?” Ji eun asked in suspicion, and Chanyeol looked guiltily at her as he smiled sheepishly. She rolled her eyes once their gazes met, and she realized he actually prepared all this for himself, but then again, she gets to eat which was nice anyway.

Chanyeol put some scrambled eggs in his plate, and looked at it with an excited manner; he smiled at Ji eun idiotically and clapped his hands together, rubbing them in preparation.

“Let’s dig in!” Chanyeol never started a day without his ritual sentence, she smiled at how familiar that sounded, and placed some pancakes on her own plate.

Unlike everyday they were a bit silent during breakfast, both of them lost in their thoughts. Ji eun was still thinking about how to tease Chanyeol further about her staying with him. She would smile to herself every once in a while at how cute Chanyeol was that morning, trying to make her as happy as she can be. It made her almost feel like she was falling for him or something. But no, that just is not possible; she should stop thinking about stuff like that.

Chanyeol on the other hand was completely and utterly lost, he wasn’t his usual self at all, not messing everything around him and eating like a wild animal, no, he was playing with his food silently, and thinking about the past few days.

*How am I going to ask her to stay? She might think I like her too much or something. Am I moving things too fast?... Dammit! I should just call Baekhyun to ask him what to do, she might freak out and leave. What if she left? It’s not that I’m in love with her or anything…*

Chanyeol glanced at Ji eun while she was eating the rest of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter