Chapter 55

Trapped.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now Playing: Nu'est - Good Bye

 

 

It’s been 3 years since Baekhyun last saw Chanyeol, 3 years since he last heard anything about him, the latter doesn’t even know if his best friend is still alive, if he’s healthy, if he’s eating and sleeping well, did he make new friends, is he happy. Questions about Chanyeol haunt Baekhyun whenever he’s alone, his life right now is pretty simple and successful, and it made him wish Chanyeol was there to share it with him.

Baekhyun made sure his company grew by time, he was one of the most successful business men in the country, and for a man his age, and it was pretty impressive. He became filthy rich, he had his girlfriend by his side, his friend’s lives are slowly getting better, he’s trying to become happier, and even though he can officially say he had, and accomplished everything he had ever wanted, he always felt something was missing, someone was missing.

He tried asking Chanyeol’s father about him, but he only said that he was okay, that he needed some time for himself, and even though Baekhyun respected that, he couldn’t help but hate Chanyeol sometimes for being so selfish, for leaving him behind and running away.

Baekhyun’s been keeping a close eye on Ji eun and Kris, their lives and getting better, Baekhyun actually believes they got used to each other pretty quick, he even believes that they’re happy together, that they may be in love with each other now, that Ji eun had actually forgotten about his best friend. It made him despise her, and hate her to the core, because if Chanyeol had never met her, he would be here with him right now, right by his side, right beside all of them.

“Kim Joonmyun!” The Dean of medical school called in the mic in front of him, roars and claps rose around him, snapping him out of his thoughts, he looked around and saw all his friends on their feet clapping and whistling as their favorite hyung stepped on the stage, accepting a certificate and shaking the hands of the Dean and a few professors. Suho turned around and gave them a wink, his face was bright and Baekhyun couldn’t believe how wide the smile on his face was.

It’s been 7 years, he hadn’t stopped studying hard ever since he stepped foot into medical school, and even after getting disowned by his own parents, Suho found another motive to work harder, to prove himself worthy of his father’s name, and respect. And now he can, graduating as the top student in his class, Suho can finally face his father with confidence.

Baekhyun stood up as well, clapping his hands with pride in his eyes as he watch Suho dance awkwardly on stage, people started laughing and complimenting how light hearted and friendly the latter seemed. After a few seconds, he was off stage, running towards his friends with a wide smile.

“YAH! HYUNG IS AWESOME!” Taemin screamed as he saw Suho making his way to them, Kai laughed and Sehun nodded in agreement, raising his thumbs up and smiling. Suho took Sehun first in his arms, the latter chuckled and wrapped his arms tightly around his hyung, all of them watched with a warm smile as Suho hugged them one by one.

When it came to Baekhyun’s turn, Suho stopped for a second, his smile falling a bit as he eyed the latter, all of them stayed silent, and Baekhyun gave a confused look at Suho.

“You okay?” He asked as he tilted his head in worry, Suho seemed to come back to his senses upon hearing Baekhyun’s voice, he shook his voice and smiled again and then hugged Baekhyun tightly.

“Yeah, I just remembered something when I looked at you.” Suho simply said, and Baekhyun’s face fell, so did everybody else’s, they all stayed silent, and watched Baekhyun’s face pale, the short latter buried his face in the elder’s shoulder and tried hard not to cry, he knew Suho was referring to Chanyeol and decided to shrug it off when everyone asked.

Suho pulled away with apologetic eyes and a fake smile on his face, he knew he hurt Baekhyun when he mentioned Chanyeol by mistake.

“Joonmyun-ah!” A voice called making them all snap their heads to the source. A guy, not much younger than Suho stood in a nice tux and a huge, proud smile on his face, a loving stare, and wide arms, his honey-brown hair was styled perfectly, and he looked real neat and clean. Suho regained his smile again upon laying eyes on the latter; he ran and hugged him tight, making the latter laugh in amusement.

“Who’s the man now, huh?! I did it, Jongdae I actually did it!” He waved the rolled up certificate in front of an amused Jongdae who couldn’t stop smiling as he stared back with loving eyes at his boyfriend, Jongdae grabbed Suho’s hand and intertwined their fingers, and he then pulled him slowly into a warm hug and whispered into his ear.

“I told you you’d do it, doctor Joonmyun.”

“Get a room!”

“Hyung seriously? That’s disgusting!”

“I think I’m going to throw up!”

“I actually threw up!”

They all objected together at the public display of affection making both Jongdae, and Suho’s faces become red, Suho glared at them and they all stopped, trying so hard to contain their chuckles.

 

Some time passed, all of them decided to leave the two lovers alone, and as they were talking together, Jongdae saw something that made his smile fall instantly. Suho turned to look at the directi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter