Let's pretend

Sorry.. I Love You too..

This chapter is quite long.. >.<....


(ChunJi pov)

“CHANHEE HYUNG!” I was walking up the stair toward the rooftop when someone was calling me name. I turned around and saw ChangJo approaching me, which I literally smile at him. “Are you going to the rooftop?” I nodded. “Let’s go together.” He walked forward while I followed from behind. I wanted to be alone in this early morning but I can’t chase him away. It’ll look rude.

We arrived at the rooftop, which he immediately took a seat at the bench, while I went toward the place where I can see the view of the school. I took a deep breath, trying to make me calm down.

“Hyung. Did something bothering you again?” he stood next to me, staring straight at me. “You can tell me hyung. I’ll always here for you.” I took a deep breath, gathering my word to reply him back.

“It’s hurt Jonghyun-ah. It’s really hurt. I can’t be like this but I can’t do anything about it.”

“Is it about Byunghun-hyung again?” I nodded at him. That’s right. He knew about it. He caught me when I was crying in the toilet. I flashed back the day when ChangJo caught me.

(Flashback)

I was on my way toward the teacher’s room to send my homework. I went alone as L.Joe was not in the class.

“Mr. Kim.” I knocked on the door and then I enter after I heard the teacher reply. “This is the homework.”

“Alright. You can go now.” I bowed before made my way back to the class. But then, something made me stop. Something in my sight preventing me from going forward and I froze on the spot. It must be wrong. L.Joe and Niel.. kissed.. in front of my eyes.. outside of the empty classroom. It’s just me who saw them. I felt my eyes felt teary and at any time the tears will fall down. I moved backward and slowly turned around which after that I ran away toward the toilet. Unfortunately, ChangJo was there and he caught me crying.

“H-hyung.. Are you alright?” he held my shoulder but I wiped away my tears which was to no avail as the tears won’t stop. “Hyung!” I burst into tears once again, sobbing hard. ChangJo pulled me into a hug which I cried in his embrace. At least I’ve someone I can lean on the time like this. He rubbed my back, calming me down slowly which it worked.

“Jonghyun-ah.. It’s hurt.” He pulled me away from the hug and held my shoulder.

“Hurt? Where? Is it serious?”

I shook my head. “They kissed. In front of my eyes.” I told him. I need someone to hear my problem right now.

“Wh-who?”

“I like him but how could he don’t notice it? Am I not that worth for him?” I cried out loud.

“Won’t you tell me who is it?”

“I hate him! I hate Lee Byunghun.”

“Byunghun? L.Joe? Byunghun hyung?” he looked at me in shocked. I nodded which made him gasped. “You like him?”

“I know it’s stupid to like my own best friend.”

“No it’s not. You can like whoever even though a best friend.” I looked up at his face, giving me an assured smile.

“Thank you for listening to me.”

He moves away his hand which was on my shoulder all the time. “What can I do when someone crying likes a baby just now?” now he tease me, making me gave him a glare.

“You call me what? Baby?”

“Ne.. You cried like a baby.”

“What?!” I hit his arm continuously, a revenge for teasing me.

“I’m here for you hyung. You can tell me whenever you’ve problem again.”

“Thank you Jonghyun-ah….. Wait! I think this is the first time I talk to you.” I realised later.

“Oh.. Ne.. We can talk more after this.” He smiled at me. “Hyung. I need to go back to class. See you again.” He walked passed me, ran toward his class. I smiled at his action and felt relief that I’ve someone I can lean on whenever I’ve problem of L.Joe.

(End of flashback)

“So what happened?” I snapped out of my thought when ChangJo asked me.

“Nothing happened. It’s just that I can’t bear it anymore. Whenever they’re together, I’ll avoid being with them. It’s like my heart getting stabbed by knife.”

“Then spend time with me after this if you don’t want to be with them.”

“I don’t know. I don’t want them to know that I wanted to avoid them.”

“So what can make him let you go? I mean didn’t even think any suspicious when you’re not with him.”

“He told me before that we’ll be together until both of us have our special one. He already has one but how can I have my special one?”

“Oh! Hyung! Let’s pretend.”

“Pretend?”

“I’ll be your special one. Tell him that we’re dating than he won’t stick with you again right?” I was blank at that time and don’t know if that a good idea or not. But it won’t be bad to try it right? At least I can stay away from him. I gave some thought about ChangJo’s idea for a while.

“Alright. Just a pretend right?” he nodded and smile at me. “At least I can avoid him.”

“We’ll tell them at the break time?”

“Alright. But… I have one question.” I looked at him seriously. “You don’t have any feeling toward me right?”

He chuckled before answering me. “No hyung. I like someone else.”

“You like someone else? Who?” I asked him curiously but his face looked like sad or broken. “Tell me. I’d tell you my crush. I want to know yours.”

“N-Niel hyung.” He answered in a really low voice but I can hear it as I was closed to him. I don’t expect that he like Niel as his attitude toward him is quite harsh.

“But why you act like that toward him? You ignored him.”

“I also want to avoid him. He already has someone special.”

“Aigo. Both of us have the same situation.” I sighed. “So you never talk to him?” I continued talking about Niel.

“We talked but for a short time. I once kissed him on the cheek. I treat him for a lunch. I slept at his house.”

“Wait! You KISSED him? AND! SLEPT at his house?” I was shocked at the things he told me.

“I kissed him to avoid the girls who were following me. And I slept at his house because at that time I was being chased by some guys and coincidentally he was about to enter his house so I barged in. He let me stay there for a night.”

“Then… You ignored him again? Even though he helped you?”

“I know it’s rude but I can’t help myself from avoiding him.”

“Ne.. I know what it felt like.” At the same time, the bell rang telling that the class will start. “Let’s go.” we made our way back to our own class separately as our class was at the different level.

--

It’s finally break time after more than 2 hours staring outside the window. I didn’t even pay any attention in the class. I just wrote down any homework given and then went back to dreamland or maybe just landing my head on the table. I pretended to sleep when L.Joe shook my body and it’s fortunately that the teacher didn’t notice me.

I walked to the canteen with L.Joe as usual, heading toward our usual table. The others already wait there. L.Joe immediately took a seat beside Niel and while I was staring at them, a hand pulled me down to sit beside him. It was ChangJo, who pulled me to sit next to him.

“Hyung. Want to tell them now?” ChangJo whispered close to me. I thought for a while what he’s been talking about until I remembered about the deal we made this morning.

“But.. You tell them. I’m not brave enough.” He smiled at me and nodded while holding tight my hand.

“Guys.. I want to announce something.” He started asking for the other four guys’ attention. They pay attention to ChangJo.

“What do you want to say?” L.Joe asked me. I looked at him, feeling at the last minute that this is not right. What if they knew the truth later? But I think it’s late.

“We’re dating. Chanhee hyung and me.” he slung his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer. I blushed at his sudden action.

“Really? You two really get very close these days. Congrats. You two look great.” CAP hyung wished and compliment us which I replied back with thanks.

“Congrats Jonghyun and Chanhee hyung.. You two seriously a great match.” Ricky said, smiling excitedly toward us.

“Thank you Changhyun-ah.” I smiled at him back. But I notice that there’re no wish or congrats from another two, Niel and L.Joe. L.Joe was staring at me straight into the eyes which eventually I avoid from looking him.

“Byunghun hyung? Niel hyung? Don’t you guy congrats us?” ChangJo gain their attention back and was startled for a while. Did they hear what we just said just now?

“Co-congrats you guys.” Niel just congrats us without even looking at us. I wonder why he look troubled and not even happy for us.

“Congrats.” Same goes as L.Joe. He didn’t even look at me but after he said that, he left the table and I don’t know where he gone to. Maybe he’s going back to class.

“Chanhee hyung. How did you guys become a couple? Did Jonghyun who confess first?”

“Huh?” I turned and look at ChangJo, asking for a help. I didn’t even think that they would ask about that.

“Ne. I confessed at him first a few days ago. He just accepted me today.”

“Really? Chanhee-ah.. He just transferred here not that long and you immediately like him. What do you like about him?” CAP hyung asked me, making me a bit anxious at his question.

“He.. Jonghyun.. He’s.. kind.. and he help me a lot.” I look down on the table, avoiding everyone eyes.

“Can we leave first?” ChangJo asked the others, which then he stood up and brought me along with him. We finally got away from the others and I sighed in relief. We still have about 5 minutes left before the break time end.

“Where are we going?” I asked him as he held my hand, walking along the corridor of the class. He didn’t answer but he brought me to an empty classroom. We took a seat at random table with him sitting in front of me.

“Hyung. Are you regretting it? You look like you regret.” He looked straight at me with his arm on the table.

“Almost but it’s late. I don’t know but I felt that Byunghun won’t see me anymore.”

“Wae? You said you want to avoid him.”

“I know.” I stared at my finger, kind of regret thinking it back. “But.. I want to spend time with him sometimes. I just want to avoid the time when they’re both together.”

“Ooo… You have me also hyung. I won’t let him do that to you.”

“Thank you.” I gave him a grateful smile. “But.. Don’t you regret it? What about Niel?” his face suddenly turned gloomy making me felt guilty asking him about that.

“I don’t know whether he care about it or not. It’s not important for him right? We’ve never been close to each other. I just want to help you, Chanhee hyung. I just can try to forget about Niel hyung.” I can see through his eyes that he’s broken. His heart broken and I know it.

“Thank you for always stay beside me and help me. You’re a very kind dongsaeng.”

“I know hyung.” We chuckled at his own statement, praising himself. The bell rang and we went our separate way to our class. “Bye hyung.” He said before we separated away.