Bestfriend

Sorry.. I Love You too..

(ChunJi pov)

“Byunghun-ah~ Where are you going? Go with me to the library please~” I plead him as he was about to exit the classroom. Mr. Jung who was supposed to enter our class was absent today as he was sick so we’ve our free time for about one hour.

“I need to go to the toilet now.”

“Let’s go together. After that, let’s go to the library.” I stood up and went to the toilet first as he look so urgent. I waited for him outside the toilet, leaning my back on the wall. After a few minutes, he finished what he’d done and both of us made our way to the library. There’re not a lot of students there as it was class hours. If there’re other than us, it must be they escape or maybe they also have no teacher in the class. I brought L.Joe toward the vacancy table and sat there after searching for some books.

“Chanhee-ah.. You’re not mad anymore right?” he stare at him from the side while my eyes locked on the book I read.

“I’m not mad.”

“Really? I’m happy. I thought I can’t be together with you again.” He hugs me around the shoulder with his head on my shoulder. I giggled at his action but at the same time my heart fluttered when he hugged me. I remembered what happened yesterday that make me turn back to my real self.

(Flashback)

“Chanhee-ah.. Let’s go to our class.” I heard his voice, calling my name. I realise that the others already went back to their own class leaving both of us. I put down the spoon and headed back to the class, leaving L.Joe behind. “Chanhee! Chanhee!” he grabbed me by my shoulder and turned me around, facing him. I avoid his eyes by staring on the ground. “Chanhee-ah.. Are you mad at me?” I shook my head, still my head looking down. “You lie! Tell me. What’s wrong?”

“We’re late. Let’s go back to class.” I moved his hand which was on my shoulder and turned around to walk back to the classroom.

“We need to talk.” He grabbed my wrist and pulled me along with him toward some place which I guess at the back of the building where no one will be at. I followed him as I don’t have any energy to fight back. Actually, I didn’t eat for this few weeks and if I ate, it maybe just one or two spoon. That’s why I look weak and didn’t have much energy left. My wrist starts to feel pain with his tight grab.

“By-byunghun.. It’s… hurt.” I said and hissed at the same time. He loosed his grip and looked at my wrist which already getting red.

“Mianhae. I didn’t mean it. Mianhae.” I pulled away my hand from him and rub it lightly, which unfortunately it felt pain. “Chanhee.. Mianhae.”

“What do you want to talk about?” I asked him straightforward as why he brought me here.

“Chanhee-ah.. Did I do something wrong toward you?” I shook my head. “Tell me Chanhee-ah.. You totally change now. You’re not Lee Chanhee that I know.” I stayed silent, didn’t want to tell him. It hurt me for real. “Chanhee!” he shook my shoulder wanting an answer from me. I felt annoyed at his action, forcing me to tell him.

“NE!! I’M MAD AT YOU!! YOU KNOW THAT YOU’RE THE ONLY BEST FRIEND I HAVE. THE ONLY ONE I’M VERY VERY CLOSE WITH!” I yelled at him, with a stare that full of madness. “We’ve been friend since we’re kid. We never separate and always stick together. But it’s changed. You’re not spending time with me anymore. You don’t need your best friend anymore. You have Niel and I’m not important to you anymore. I’m sad and disappointed that you leave me alone. I’m not important anymore.” Without I realise, I burst into tears, sobbing hard. I tried to wipe my tears but L.Joe held my hand and pulled me into a hug. I buried my face on his chest, crying really hard causing his shirt to wet. He patted my head to calm me down.

“Mianhae Chanhee-ah. I don’t realise that I made you like this. I’m really sorry.” he kissed my forehead, which makes me surprised at the sudden action. He looked up at him, showing my confused look. “You’re important to me Chanhee-ah. You’re my best friend and always will be. It’s true I’ve Niel and always spend time with him but you’re the most important to me. You’re my special friend. Please forgive me. I don’t want to lose my best friend.” He lastly plead me before pouting which totally making me chuckled. He pushed me away suddenly. “Why are you laughed? I’m serious.” He pouts once again.

“Don’t make your face like that.”

“Wae?”

“I hate it.” I said but deep in my heart, ‘I like it. I really like it.’

“So.. Will you forgive me?”

“Ne~”

He hugged me tightly and suddenly pulled me up and turned me around. “Thank you Chanhee-ah. I like you Chanhee.” The last word caught me off guard. Did he mean it? “I like you Chanhee.. Best friend forever.” He said after put me back on my feet.

I smiled at him and replied back. “But I hate my best friend, Lee Byunghun.” I joked which make him pinched my nose. ‘I love you Lee Byunghun.’ I said in my mind. “Let’s go back to the class.” We walked back to our class which unfortunately we got punished standing outside the class for being late. But we spent a good time together outside the class, talking random things.

(End of flashback)

Even though I’m back to normal, my heart still hurt when I saw the both of them spend time together. I can’t say anything but deep in my heart, I cried again. He just treats me as his best friend.

“Chanhee-ah.. What are you thinking about?” L.Joe poked my right cheek, made me back to reality.

“Nothing.”

“You lie! You didn’t even move from that page since you open the book.” he said pointing on the book. It’s true that I didn’t even budge from the page as my thought was thinking about other things.

“Byunghun-ah. Do you want to sleep at my house tonight? Omma appa is not at home until tomorrow.”

“Of course I want. Since when they’re not at home?”

“Since.. it’s.. last week.” He sat straight and looked shocked at me.

“WHAT?! Last week? Why don’t you tell me? So you stay alone at that house since last week?”

“How can I tell you at that time? You know how I was at that time.”

“But.. I know you scared being alone in the house. That’s why you look weak and don’t have any energy.”

“I’m scared but what can I do when you’re totally ignored me.”

“You’re the one that ignored me.”

“But you shouldn’t ignore me too.”

“Alright. Whatever. I’ll go to your house tonight and also tomorrow.”

“Ne.. Ya! Let’s go back to class.” I put back the book at its usual place before went out with L.Joe. He suddenly linked our arm together, making me confused at his action. But I let it be as I like it and don’t want him to pull away.

--

“Want to watch movie?” L.Joe asked me. It’s already night and he’s staying at my house for tonight and probably tomorrow also.

“No! I don’t want. You’ll choose the one I hate later. Let’s just do our homework. There is plenty of homework you know?”

“You’re too diligent. You can do it tomorrow morning in the class.”

“YA! I’m not like you. Don’t ask me anything if you don’t understand any questions.” I stood up and exit from the kitchen toward my room. I guess he followed me as I can hear his footstep behind me. I took my book and the homework, brought it on the table and took a seat in front of the table. L.Joe pulled a chair and sat next to me.

“I didn’t bring my homework.” He said to me. I sighed and taught him how to the each of the questions. I don’t know whether he’ll memorise it or not but I hope he will as I explained the whole thing for him. I finished all my homework in half an hour, surprising me that L.Joe still awake and observing my homework. I smile at the thought that he’s learning.

“I want to sleep.” I stood up and plopped down on my bed, hugging my big bear. Not long after that, L.Joe sneaked under the cover, lying down beside me but being parted with my big bear at the centre. I slowly drift into sleep while hugging the bear.