A wish

Sorry.. I Love You too..

(L.Joe pov)

If I said that I was totally disappointed and mad at him, it’s wrong. Maybe a bit but not very. I just disappointed and mad about the fact he lie to us and even me, his best friend. But a part of me glittering in happiness when I know he’s not in any relationship. So that’s mean he’s single and I’ve my chance. I’ll try to impress him and make sure he’ll be mine. But what actually the reasons he decided to pretend their relationship by being a couple? It’s confusing me at times.

“Won’t you tell me the reason?” I lean forward, asking him what I’m curious about.

“Ya~ You’d ask me many times already and I already said I WON’T TELL!!” he turned back to what he’s doing, studying for the exam which is around the corner. “Why don’t you just study instead of asking me about that?” I know I’m disturbing him by hanging out with him at his house. But I was bored and wanted to be with him.

“Then you teach me. I’m bad at learning alone.”

“That’s why your exam score is very far different from me.”

“What?! Are you showing off right now? I know you’re smart but I’m not that bad.”

“Ne ne. I’ll teach you. I hope your score will increase this time.”

“What if it increases?”

He stares at me, thinking for a while about it. “Then.. If your score is better than before, I’ll grant you a wish. Just one wish.”

“Really? Promise?” we made pinky promise and which at that time, I set on my mind to study harder so I get to make him grant me a wish.

“Then.. Make sure not to sleep in the middle. I’ll not repeat again.”

“Ne.” I brought my chair closer, hearing each of his explanations about Chemistry subject. I don’t know how he can score every subject and even all the science subject. It’s really hard for me but when he taught me, I slowly understand but not all. I tried to hold myself from getting sleepy, determined to study harder to score the exam.

~~

“Byunghun hyung.. You look different.” Ricky told me. We gather at the canteen as usual on the break time.

“Different? Nothing different.” I said, feeling there’s nothing change in my style or what I wore.

“I mean.. You change. You study really hard not like what you usually do before. You never bring your book along here.” he said in matter of fact. It exam week already within this week so I need to revise back each subject.

“It’s exam week. Of course I need to study.”

“Before this you look like you didn’t care about exam at all.” Niel said, a bit teasing me.

“People can change so same goes at me. Can’t I?”

“Chanhee hyung~ What happened to him actually? You’re his best friend.” Ricky asked ChunJi making him chuckled. I smiled at the sight of him bright laugh.

“Well.. I think he wanted to be a good student.” ChunJi said, chuckled at the same time.

“It’s such a sudden change. Wonder if you eat something wrong before.” CAP hyung said, joined teasing me too.

“Hyung!!”

“Byunghun-ah.. Want me to teach you? You struggled at that page since just now.” ChunJi offered to help me. We have Physic exam after this and it’s really killing me learn how to use each of the formula. I shoved the book at him, leaning closer while he grabbed my pencil, explaining it like an expert. “You use this when you need to search for the value of pressure used.” He explains each of the formula. I understand some of it with his help. “You understand now?” I shrugged my shoulder, don’t sure if I would remember it on the exam time later. “Try to solve this problem.” He pointed me the question on the textbook, asking me to solve it. I hesitantly took my pen and read the questions before trying to solve it. Even when I look at ChunJi for help, he didn’t help me. The others look at me while I was solving the question, waiting for me to solve it. I solve it with whatever formula I thought I need to use at that time and finally solved it. I shoved the book toward ChunJi, asking him to check the answer.

“Is it right?” I look at him with hope in my eyes that what I’m doing is right. He look over my work and gave me a smile.

“You know how to do it. You solve it.”

“Really?”

“Wow.. Hyung become smarter than before.” Ricky teased me which I stood up and smacked his head with the book. “Hyung! It’s hurt.” He rubbed the place where I hit him.

“That’s for teasing me. You’re not that smart.”

“Now.. Let’s go back to class. Exam will start soon.” ChunJi said. I nodded and packed my books before stood up with him and bid goodbye to the others. “You study really hard for this exam.” ChunJi said on our way to the class.

“You promise me that you’ll grant me a wish.”

“You did this just for that promise?” I nodded my head. “Just what wish do you want actually? I can’t grant it if you asked me to buy something expensive.”

“It’s not. I’ll tell after if my score increase.”

“I wish. If not, it’ll be a waste when I sacrifice my time to teach you.”

“Ne ne. You won’t regret teaching me. Believe me.” he hit me lightly on my stomach with his elbow, before entering the class and took a seat on his place.

“Byunghun!” he called my name silently like a whispered. He sat a bit far at my right as the table being separated on exam day. I turned to look at him. “Fighting.” He said motioning with his hand also.

I replied him back. ”Fighting!”