Keep your promise

Sorry.. I Love You too..

(L.Joe pov)

Finally I’m free from studying hard as exam week already end. It’s really suffering me, studying hard just to accept ChunJi’s promise. Am I too happy and excited today just because the result of our exam will be announced today? I was too happy that I can’t stop smiling since I woke up this morning.

“Byunghun-ah. Did something good happen? Why are you look so happy?” omma said while took her seat across me, gathered for our breakfast with appa also.

“Omma.. Today our latest exam result will be announced.”

“Really? I never thought that you’ll be happy for the result.” Omma look at me disbelief.

“You didn’t look like you care about your result before. What happened?” appa asked me. I never talked about my result with them as it’s not that good result.

“There’s a reason. But omma appa… I really study hard for this exam.”

“Are you study alone?” omma asked while munching on her toast bread.

“Chanhee help me.”

“That’s good. He’s a good friend for you. I hope he’ll change you become smarter.” Appa said.

“Appa! I’m smart.”

“Ne ne.” he nodded, sipping on his coffee while reading his newspaper.

I took a last bite of my toast before stood up, about to go to school. “Omma appa.. I’m going first.” I hug both of them before heading out and went toward my car. At the same time, ChunJi also just exit from his house. He approached me happily as we’ll go to school together. I smiled back at him before opening the car door for him which he chuckled at my action. He enters the car and I closed the door, then I went to my driver seat. We talked as usual and even talked about the exam.

As we stopped at the traffic light, I looked around and my eyes stopped, looking at the bus stop. I blinked a few times, just to make sure that I’m not wrong. ChunJi noticed me looking at the side. “Byunghun-ah.. Wae?”

“Look there. I’m not looking at the wrong persons right?” I pointed at the bus stop, making him look at the place also. “It-it’s Niel and ChangJo right?”

“Uh.. Ne.. It’s them.” I gasped and can’t believe. They’re sitting on the bench, waiting for the bus while Niel was locking his arm with ChangJo and leaning his head on his shoulder. I can’t believe what I see.

“Byunghun.. The light turned green.” ChunJi said which I drove away from the traffic light.

“W-what happened to them?” I asked ChunJi as he looked calm and didn’t even shock just now.

“Actually.. They’re a couple.” 

“WHAT?! Since when? Why I didn’t know about it?”

“I don’t know. I can’t tell you about them. Ask them by yourself.” I kept silence as I know that he won’t tell about others. “But.. Why don’t you tell me that you’d break up with Niel?”

“Huh?” I left speechless when he asked me that suddenly. “It-it’s.. not important.”

“Aren’t you sad? You can lean on me if you want to cry.”

“YA! I’m not sad. I’m not crying!”

“Alright… Whatever you said.”

“Don’t forget today! My exam score will not have a big different with yours.”

“I hope so.”

“Keep your promise!”

“Ne ne.”

--

I ball my fist together, hoping that my score will grade up than usual. As the teacher called the student one by one to take their record book, I felt anxious about my result.

“Are you that afraid?” ChunJi nudged my arm lightly.

“No.”

“Lee Byunghun.” The teacher finally called my name. I stood up from my seat and went to the teacher, to take my record book. I went back to my seat with ChunJI staring at me, wanted to know my result. “Lee Chanhee.” His name finally being called. He went back to his seat after taking his record book from the teacher. I know he’ll have a better result and it is as he smiles when he opened it, looking at his result. I took a peak at his result and he got all A’s.

“YA! Don’t look at me only. I want to know yours.” He said, pointing toward my result. I nervously open it and move a bit away from ChunJi, wanted myself to look at it first. “Ya~ Let’s look together.” I ignored him and look at my result. I nearly gasped when I saw my result. It’s not like ChunJi result but my scores are better than before. Mostly I got B’s and some are C’s and one A which is English as I always score on that subject. “Ya! Ya! I want to see too.” He took away the book from me and also has the same reaction as me. “Ya~ You really improved a lot.” He gave me a very proud and relief smile.

“I know. Keep your promise then.”

“Alright. Tell me what you want?” he passed me back the book which I shoved it immediately in my bag.

“I can’t tell now. I’ll tell when I really need it.”

“Whatever.”

“Lee Byunghun! Lee Chanhee! What are you two talking about? Won’t you want to study?” the teacher scolds us for talking in his class. We both apologized to him and silently chuckled after that just between us.