"Scared.."

Sorry.. I Love You too..

(L.Joe pov)

It’d been two days that ChunJi been hospitalized here. Every day, without going back to the hotel, I stayed beside him all the time. Omma and appa need to go back because of work and same goes to ChunJi’s parent. Eomonim insisted to stay here but I managed to convince her that I’ll take care of ChunJi. Of course they’ll call, asking about ChunJi’s condition. He’s fine and still hasn’t waked up. Oh! The other four already went back because I felt guilty that they didn’t attend school. Appa told me that he already settled with the school about this matter and allowed me to take care of ChunJi here.

‘Byunghun-ah..’

‘Byunghun-ah.. I love you..’

‘Byunggie~’

‘Promise me that you won’t ever leave me and always be together with me.’

‘I like the name. ChunJoe.’

His every word kept repeating in my mind and how bright his smile is while he talked to me. His smile that always can make my day happier every day and every time. I miss his voice, his sweet voice that can melt my heart and his laugh which brighten the atmosphere between us. I miss to hold his hand, his soft and warm touch.

But, what I can see in front of me now is how pain ChunJi is right now. I’m not sure whether I can see his smile again. I’m not sure whether I can hear his sweet voice again. I’m not sure whether I can hear his laughter again. And I’m not sure whether I can hold his hand again. After what had happen to him that’s cause by me. If only I didn’t leave him and if only I didn’t meet that girl, ChunJi won’t be like this.

As the thought of how pain ChunJi felt because of this incident, I can’t hold the tears from falling down my cheek. It’s my fault. My fault for leaving ChunJi alone. Tears won’t stop to fall down even when I wipe it away a few times. As I lowered down my head, drop of tears fall down on my laps and which I sobbed silently, didn’t want ChunJi to hear it.

I was startled when I felt a hand hold my cheek, wiping the tears on my cheek. I looked up and can’t surpass my happiness feeling.

“Chanhee.” I called his name as I held back his hand that was wiping my tears with his thumb. “I’ll call the doctor.” I stood up and headed outside searching for the doctor. We headed back inside and he check up on ChunJi immediately.

“He’s fine now. It’s good that you already woke up.” the doctor said in relief. “If you’re fine until tomorrow, you can go back in two days.” the doctor informed us before he headed out with the nurses. I sat back on my seat and held tight on ChunJi’s hand.

“Chanhee-ah..” he moved down the breathing mask so that he can talk.

“Byunghun-ah.” His voice is too low and it show how much pain he was right now.

“Mianhae.. Mianhae.. I shouldn’t leave you that day. I’m sorry.”

“It’s not your fault.” He assured me with his smile. That smile. His smile that I miss the most these few days which I felt like a few years.

“It is my fault for leaving you and causing you to be in this pain. Mianhae.”

“Byunghun-ah..” I looked up at him. “What about Hyuna? Where is she?”

“She got caught by the police. Don’t worry about her anymore. She won’t hurt you anymore. I’m here with you.” he chuckled slightly and how amazed was I able to see him smiling once again.

“Have you eaten?” he asked me.

“Emm..” I rubbed the back of my head, unable to answer him. I know what he’ll say when I said the truth.

“You don’t, right? You look like you lost a lot of weights.” At this state, he also managed to nag at me but I accepted it as I miss it. “Now.. Go eat first.. Then come back here.”

“I’ll eat later.”

“Eat now!! Or else I won’t forgive you.” he glared at me, putting on his serious face. I defeated and just obeyed him. I’m not in a state where I can disobey him right now.

“I’ll go eat now. Do you want to eat anything?” I stood up while asking him.

“Anything you buy for me.” I with a heavy step, leaving his room and went to the nearest restaurant. Maybe I can just order take away and eat with ChunJi later. That’s a better idea. I ordered my food and also for ChunJi. While waiting for my order, I called omma to tell her about ChunJi. She really got excited at the news and I told her that we might get back in two more days. After the call, she probably told ChunJi’s parent and appa also.

--

I opened the door and went in slowly as I noticed that ChunJi lying down on his bed. I took my seat just now slowly, in case I would wake up ChunJi with any noise. He’s back-facing me as he was facing other side. I was about to take out my food and when I heard a soft sob, I stopped my action. I sat still, wanted to make sure that I didn’t hear something wrong. And indeed, a soft sob can be heard from ChunJi. I stood up and went to another side.

“Chanhee..” I bend down as I saw him crying.

“B-byunghun.. You supposed to eat now.” he said while wiping away his tears right away and sat up on his bed.

“I want to eat here with you.” he just nodded but he looked away from me, hiding his tears from me. I took a seat beside him on the bed. “Wae? Why are you crying?” I hold his face and turned to me. His tears kept flowing down his cheek, drop by drop. I pulled him into my embrace, maybe it would help him to calm down. “Tell me, Chanhee-ah.. Why are you crying?”

“Byunghun-ah.. I’m scared.. I’m really scared.” He cried in my embrace, sobbing in a while. “I’m scared that I can’t see you anymore. I’m scared I’m gone without any words. I’m scared that you’ll never find me. I’m really scared.”

“I’m here. You’re safe now so don’t worry about it. No one will hurt you again. I’m here with you.” I soothe him, rubbing his back slowly.

“It hurt.. It’s really hurt.. My whole body is really hurt… I’m really scared at that time.” his body was trembling from the crying and his voice choked on his sobbed. I need to make him forget about this incident. He’ll be in trauma if this keeps happening.

“Chanhee-ah.. Please forget about this. I can’t stand when I see you like this.”

“How can I forget about it? It’s the most painful memory in my life. The only memory I think that’d be haunting my whole life.”

“I can help you. We’ll together make you forget about it.”

“Please~ I also want to forget it.”

I pushed him by his shoulder and pulled his chin up to look at me. I wiped his tears with my thumb, cupping his face. “Don’t cry.. I hate seeing you like this.” I wiped again his tears that fall down once gain. “Let’s eat now.. You’re hungry, right?” I put a smile on my face as I wanted to lighten up the mood. He nodded. I went to another side and took the food I bought just now. “Here’s your food.” I gave him the food I bought for him.

“It’s cooled down already.” He said, pouting as he felt the food container.

“I’ll buy you another one.”

“No no.. I’ll eat this.. Just eat yours.” He said, protesting me to go back, buying again the same food for him. “Byunghun-ah..” he called me while taking a bite of his food. I hummed as I also ate my food in process. “Did you tell omma and appa?”

“N-ne.. They can’t be here because they have work. But they came before we find you.”

“I know.. I heard omma’s voice when you came that day.. Omma mad at you?”

“I deserved it.”

“Omma didn’t hate you. I’ll convince her when we go back.”

“She doesn’t hate me.. but.. she’s disappointed in me.. because I didn’t take care of you well.”

“But you’re the one that find me.. She’ll forgive you.”

“I hope so..”

“Byunghun-ah..” I looked up at him. “Thank you for saving me..” I gave him an assured smile, welcomed his thanks. But.. if only he knew what I did with that girl, he’d be really mad at me. Forgive me, ChunJi.


Tomorrow might be my last day I can update before I continue my study.. Or maybe the next day after tomorrow.. I'm not sure whether I can online there but I hope I can.. I'm too excited in writing fanfic.. I'll update more for these 2 days.