We lie..

Sorry.. I Love You too..

(ChunJi pov)

Early in the morning of the school day, ChangJo called me and asked to meet at the rooftop of the school when I arrived later. I wonder why he wanted to meet me even calling me. There’s no need to call actually as I always went to school a bit early.

With one last touch up and straightening my uniform, I grabbed my backpack before exiting my room. I went to the kitchen as omma already cook for the breakfast as usual.

“Omma~ Morning~” I greeted cheerfully as always and took my seat on the left side of appa. “Appa morning.” I bid morning to appa too who was reading his newspaper. Omma took her seat after she done preparing the table. We talked and joked at the same time, enjoying our family time. We’re such a happy family. “Omma appa.. I’m going to school now. Bye.” I took a last sip of my tea before grabbed my bag and heading to my car. L.Joe’s car still there so he must still sleep or maybe having his breakfast already. I went to my driver seat, drove toward the school.

--

I made my way toward the rooftop as what ChangJo said this morning. It’s just early in the morning and I already getting tired all the way toward the rooftop.

“YA! CHOI JONGHYUN!!” I rushed toward him who already wait on the bench. I took a deep breath, tried to stable my breath from running all the way up here.

“Hyung~ Who asked you to run all the way here? You can take your time.” I took a seat beside him, giving him a glare as what he said was already late to say.

“You called me early morning making it like there’s important thing to say. So… What do you want to say?”

He turned toward me with a wide smile plastered on his face. “Niel hyung confessed to me yesterday.” I sat straight, looking at him in disbelief. Or did I mishear something? “It’s true hyung. He said he love me.”

“Re-really? So what did you say?” I gained an interest about his story.

“I said I love him too. Oh! Hyung.. We kissed yesterday.”

“What?! Already kissed?” he nodded excitedly. His eyes glinted in happiness while talking about him.

“But.. there’s one problem.” His face suddenly turned gloomy. “I know I was the one that wanted to help you but turn out there’s nothing happened. Do you want to continue our pretend, hyung?”

I know what he wanted to say. “I get what you wanted to say. There’s no need to pretend anymore. L.Joe won’t ever like me and we’d lie to the others quite long and it makes me feel guilty. We can tell the others later.”

“Thank you hyung. I know I was supposed to help you with Byunghun hyung but I messed it up.”

“No need. Byunghun and I will always be a best friend.” I patted his shoulder, telling that it’s alright. I stopped my action, eyes widened when I realised an important thing. “Wait!! Niel confessed to you yesterday? But.. he and Byunghun?” I realise very late about that.

He chuckled at my late realisation. “Niel hyung said they broke up a week ago. Byunghun hyung didn’t tell you?”

“Broke up? Byunghun didn’t even tell me.” I looked away, totally disappointed in L.Joe as he didn’t tell me. It’s not that I’m happy because he’s back to single but it’s because I thought he must be depressed this day. Or it isn’t? He looks fine these days and even talked with Niel like nothing happened.

“Hyung! Hyung! What are you thinking?” ChangJo waved both his hand in front of me, making me snapped out of my thought.

“Nothing. Let’s go now. The others probably already at the canteen now. We’ll tell them now.”

“Ne.” we stood up, heading toward the canteen. The others already gathered there as usual, chatting with each other. CAP hyung was talking with Ricky while Niel happily having conversation with L.Joe. They didn’t even look like a break couple.

“Hyung.. We have something to say.” ChangJo made all of their attention toward us. I got nervous without reasons. They will not be mad right? “Firstly, we want to apologise.”

“What is this? Have you did something wrong?” CAP hyung asking both of us.

“No hyung.” I answered him.

“So what it is? It looks serious.” L.Joe urging us to spill it out.

“We lie to you.” I said instead of ChangJo. “We’re not in a relationship. It’s just a pretend.” There’s a gasped from Ricky while CAP hyung and L.Joe eyes widened. Niel maybe know about it as he look calm.

“It’s a lie?” Ricky broke the silence.

“Ne. Mianhae for deceived you guys.” ChangJo said.

“But.. Why? Why did you do that?”

“There’re some reasons but we can’t tell. We’re really sorry.”

“Chanhee-ah.. Why don’t you tell me?” L.Joe asked me, disappointed in his eyes shown to me.

“I have my reason. Mianhae Byunghun-ah.” There’s no reply from him.

“Alright. Whatever your reasons are, it’s between you two. There’s nothing to apologise about. At least we’re still together here.” CAP hyung said. We felt relief that it all solved.

Not long after that, the bell rang. All of us stood up, separating our own way while ChangJo was walking with Niel. I chased L.Joe who was a few step faster than me. He looked like he’s mad at me. “Byunghun! Wait for me.” I quicken my pace and finally caught him. “Mianhae. Are you mad?”

“Why don’t you tell me? Why did you lie? What’s the reason?” he asked straightforward, stopping on his track and fully facing me.

“I can’t tell you. I don’t mean to lie. Mianhae Byunghun-ah.” I lowered down my head, avoiding looking up at him.

“Forget it. Let’s go to the class now.” he grabbed my hand in his and heading toward our classroom. It’s quite noisy as the other students already enter the class, chatting with each other. We sat at our usual seat with silence occurred between us.