Kabanata 71

The Slayer

"Right after Witch Sooyoung snapped her fingers and effectively run the time again, the fighting resumed and Jessica morphed back to her wolf form with the help of her lover, Yuri who fought with her side by side as they made their way towards Krystal. Behind them was Jiyoung, Junho, Luna, Sunny, Seohyun, Suho, Tiffany and Minho who were all under Sooyoung's magical barrier; providing them much needed safety against their enemies.

The battle of good and bad continued...

Amber was busy guarding Krystal who was still crying and pleading for her beloved to finally wake up and break free from her father's curse. Lucifer was only watching in the middle of the fight, attacking every now and then.

"Few more hours and the blood moon will soon end." Yunho shouted at their group right after he looked at the sky; keeping the moon on check since its the only thing that hinders them.

"Bet it'll be more bloody before then." Suho pointed out as he struck a demon with his sword.

Kicking her attacking opponent, Tiffany smiled, "Ohh Im sure youre gonna love every bit of it."

"You know me too well Couz." Suho replied.

"Unnie, Oppa. This isnt the right time to joke about that." Seohyun, right after she knocked one  flying demon down, told her cousins who only shook their heads at her.

"Are they usually like this?" Luna queried.

Minho who was just next to them answered, "This is actually their most normal behavior."

"Jiyoung.." Yuri mentally called out, being a pack with her brother, they have that kind of bond and since Jessica was also in her wolf form, she sensed Yuri's distress; she immediately stopped onto her paws and glanced back to where her lover is.

"Whats wrong?" She asked.

"I need to help my brother." Understanding what Yuri meant, Jessica nodded and jogged towards her sister.

"Be careful." They told each other at the same time before Yuri ran back to help her brother who was currently being attacked by two wolves. Biting one on the neck, Yuri threw the wolf away from her brother before hitting the other one with her big paw.

"Thanks." Jiyoung muttered as he bumped his head to Yuri's neck. "Now go help your girl." Yuri nodded before she followed Jessica; killing more demons on her way.

"Amber, please baby, wake up. Stop this please." Krystal was still not tired, no, she cannot give up on her lover, not now and not ever.

"When will you ever learn Krystal? She's not Amber and most definitely, she will never listen to you. My daughter only hears me." And with that Lucifer called Amber. "Eunyoung, its time."

Nodding her head, Amber closed her wings and it settled on her back as she walked towards Krystal. With her empty gaze, the young slayer felt fear as she stared at her lover's eyes. "Amber.." Krystal whispered. Then she saw something shiny on Amber's hand and when the moon illuminated the edge of it, Krystal saw blood still dripping from it. And she figured, it was the dagger that Youngjae used to cut Henry's hand with and now, is Amber going to use it to kill her?"

Krystal can feel her heart pounding so hard against her chest with her lover's every step towards her. Closer and closer, till Amber was just a feet away from the stone table where she helplessly tied on. "Amber please, you dont know what youre doing." Krystal said as she saw Amber lifted the blade just above her heart.

On the background, she heard Lucifer said. "Do it now.."  She closed her eyes and had no choice but wait for her end and as strange and stupid as it is, Krystal cant find it in herself to hate Amber. Even now that she's only a second away from being dead in the hands of the person she loves so much.

But the death she's waiting for didnt come and when she opened her eyes, she saw a big brown wolf to her right. "Jessica?" She asked and the relieved gaze of the wolf was Krystal's answer. She looked over to her left and she saw a big black wolf fighting Amber. "Yuri, be careful." Ofcourse, Krystal worried over her sister's girlfriend too and since she saw what Amber did to Sehun earlier, she's more worried than ever. Remembering her bestfriend, Krystal looked around and found Sehun lying unconsciously on the ground a few meters away from her. He had been knocked down by Amber's deadly blow earlier before Sooyoung stopped the time earlier.

"Sehun.." Once out of the knots, Krystal immediately ran towards her bestfriend and aided him onto her arms; caressing the big wolf's nape.

Jessica, as soon as she was done helping her sister out of her tie, she was again next to her lover's side, both were snarling at Amber who was gathering herself from the ground after a hard blow from Yuri's big paws.

Wiping blood from the edge of her lips, the dark angel was once again onto her foot. And before she made an attack towards Yuri and Jessica, she the back of her palm and thats when Krystal saw her extended fangs on its all glory.

The young slayer couldnt understand what she was feeling but despite everything that was happening right now, she's still a hundred percent attracted to Amber in so many ways than one.

The wolf in her arms growled as it get his consciousness back. Realizing that even when his in his wolf form, Sehun can still hear her thoughts, Krystal said sorry. The wolf then stood up and looked around.

"Yuri and Jessica is fighting Amber now." Krystal told him but the wolf only looked away and huffed.

"Sehun.." Krystal whined. "As much as it is hard for all of us, Im still in love with Amber and this war cant change that fact." The wolf then barked at him before running away from her and attacking some demons not far from then.

Shaking her head, Krystal stood up and saw the dagger lying on the floor just in front of Lucifer.

"It isnt over, slayer." The damned angel told her but knowing how much of a non-existing entity he is, Krystal just walked straight through him and picked the dagger up but before she walked away from Lucifer she said, "Says the one who's imprisoned in hell."

One demon then blocked her way and it was the first time that she's ever used what Jay had taught him. With a punch and a swing of the dagger to its neck, the vampire who attacked her burned into ashes; headless.

Krystal stared at her palms, never in her entire life that she felt so strong, adrenaline was running through her veins and she's never felt this alive. Power, something she never thought she really posses. She doubted it, she was young and barely even know her strengths. But now, as she felt the warmth of her first kill, she knew she'll figure them out one by one.

"Krystal watch out.." It was her uncle Yunho, but she was already too late as a body collided with her. It was Amber, bloody beaten up.

It was as if time had stopped, when all demons, good or bad, saw the slayer hovering on top of the badly beaten dark angel.

"You should kill her now." Sunny, who doesnt have any clue as to what Amber is to Krystal, yelled and all their cousins agreed.

"Youre the slayer, Krystal. You should do what youre chosen for, kill demons." Minho added after he killed the demon he was fighting with.

All the demons on Lucifer's side stilled and seemed like lost all their reason to fight as they saw their chosen one in a compromising position. It was like a moment of surrender.

"Krys, what are you waiting for, kill her." Suho yelled to her.

The young slayer looked around. Every one was waiting, expecting, anticipating of the war's end. She could literally see in their faces who's side is on who. She then realize that she doesnt even know the people who were telling her to kill her beloved Amber.

It was her duty, she knows that, but can she really kill the person she loves so dearly?

The dark angel moved and it seemed like she was gaining her consciousness back. Krystal, then again, looked around her, she saw her limping sister's wolf form. Yuri's bloody furs and her bestfriend's wounded eyes. Her eyes caught Jay's body not that far from them. She remembered Sehun crying out Luhan's name, Henry's face when he asked her to save Amber, Hyuna's stares as Youngjae stabbed her, the sight of Jessica hugging a lifeless Jay in her arms,  and her parents smiling faces when she left their house that day. She remembered everyone that died in front of her for the stupid cause of this angels and demons war. 

A lot had died, and she wondered, if killing one more will end this war, should she? Will she be able to? Can she kill Amber?

"Do it." Krystal's head whipped back at the sound of her girlfriend's voice. And as she stared at her eyes, she knew her Amber is back. Amber's awake and ohh so lovingly looking back at her. "Do it Krys, kill me."

"No." Krystal furiously shook her head. Amber held her hand and the dark angel's wing flapped opened and covered them; as if Amber was hugging Krystal.

"Its the only way to end this war."

"It'll happen again on the next blood moon."

"Atleat Lucifer wont be able to put me under his spell again if Im not here anymore. Do you want Lucifer to make me an instrument to kill, to take a lot of human lives?"

Krystal shook her head. "No."

"Then do it."

"No Amber, this.. What youre asking for, I cant do it and I will never do it." At this point, Krystal started crying. She didnt realize that Amber stopped the time between them.

"Youre the slayer, this is your duty."

" it, I didnt even ask for it in the first place."

"But youre destined to."

"I dont care."

"Shhhh." Amber hushed her as she wiped her tears away with the back of her palm. "You have to do this Krys."

"But I dont want to.."

The dark angel then pushed herself up and placed a kiss on the slayers' lips. The kiss was light at first till it deepened and both were kissing all their feelings away, hoping that the lip lock was conveying each other feelings in every possible way.

Krystal was still crying. Her tears was not stopping, it was like a river flowing freely down her cheeks.

"Dont cry anymore Krys, I dont like it when youre crying. It breaks my heart." But the slayer couldnt stop her eyes, her tears from falling.

"Amber... no.." Krystal sobbed back as she remembered her dreams of her killing Amber. Its happening right now.

"Remember, I love you." And with that, Amber's hands moved, guiding the slayer's hand with the dagger towards her heart. And with a stab, Krystal felt like it was her heart that got struck. It was just too painful as she saw Amber's still-smiling face with blurry eyes.

As Amber's body hit the ground, time started running again and everyone was just as shock to see the dark angel, dead and fallen.

The surrounding was silent, no one was making any sound, except Krystal's sobs that was resonating to every demons and angels' ears. It was like an awakening.

And so, as the blood moon faded away, all the bad demons vanished along with it.

"I knew I shouldve got rid of her human heart back then, what a shame." With the last glance over to her dead daughter's body, Lucifer vanished.

"Krys..." Jessica was already back to her human form and was ready to hold her broken sister in her ams, but Krystal doesnt want to let go of Amber's body just yet. 

Yunho, Luna, Yuri, and Jessica's cousins surrounded them and even though they dont know anything much about Amber, they all felt like mourning seeing how the young slayer was crying over the dead demon. Meanwhile Sehun who was still in his wolf form, howled to the now-blood free full moon; giving respect to Amber's remains, cause even though she was his biggest rival, he knew and he felt everything that happened between Krystal and Amber before she died. He knows that Amber sacrificed herself to end the war.

The other demons and angels that fought by their side all left with Sooyoung, even Jiyoung who didnt even said goodbye to anyone even his sister.

As the group were left alone in the stonehenge field, Amber's family, Eunho, Sooyoung and Donghae arrived.

"This war will never end here. Lucifer will always want his revenge and to get his beloved Sooyeon back. He will not stop." Eunho said as he looked at each of the group.

"Lives have been taken. We're all have been a pawn that Lucifer cruelly played with. You lost your own, and we did too." Sooyoung added as she stared at her daughter's dead body; blood tears instantly falling from her eyes.

"I hope Amber's life wont go to waste. She sacrificed herself for this war to end. But can you really end a thousand of years war in just one night?" Donghae said as he walked towards Amber and Krystal. Jessica stood up and walked over to where Yuri was.

"We can try." Krystal sobbed, and as she lifted her head from Amber's chest, she wiped her tears away. "No, we will stop it. Im not going to let Amber's sacrifice go to waste. I will stop this stupid war and I will kill every god damn evil demon walking this earth."

"I'll hold onto that." Donghae carried Amber's body off the ground but Krystal was still holding her hand, she still doesnt want to let her lover go.

"We're her family. She belongs to us." Eunho said.

"But we'll never forget that such a lady like you loved her just as much." Sooyoung acknowledged her. Krystal always knew she was nice, even before she saw her in Amber's past. "Too bad, we met like this. It wouldve been nice to meet you as the girl that my daughter wanted to spend the rest of her life with."

Krystal didnt say anything but her tears couldve been taken as an answer and Sooyoung did. Without any more exchanged words, Amber's parents left. She was then left to bid her lover goodbye for the last time.

Holding Amber's hand as tightly as she can, Krystal took a step forward and placed a kiss on Amber's forehead. "Im only going to be a little bit late, but I'll come and see you as soon as I can. I just have demons to kill." With that Donghae took his sister's body and followed their parent.

Jessica has her arms already open for Krystal to run to. Without much more thinking, the young slayer did; Krystal cried all the tears she still has and promised to Amber that it'll be her last and then she wont cry anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Two years ater...

 

Krystal was still being haunted by Amber's death. She still thinks about that night. She still dreams about Amber. She still sees Amber on the streets, in her school, in her house, everywhere.

She's still being haunted and she doesnt know if she'll ever move on.

 

Cause even when Amber's dead, their memories still lives on.

 

 

 

A body hit a trash bin and its contact made a loud crash, noise accompanying the sound of a cat escaping the crime scene.

"W-who are you?" A weird looking guy with an antelope horns and a lower body that seemed lto be like a sheep asked as he pushed himself up the ground.

"Im surprised you havent heard of me yet.." Krystal took a step forward, swinging a sword in hand. "Im the Slayer."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 




Woohoo, finally, I was able to finish this one. Took me 3 hours, my god.

Its rushed, I know. Couldve written it better, but I dunno when will I ever gonna get The Slayer feels again, so yeah I wrote it as quickly as I can. Sorry bout that.

And I just realized that this is my first ever kryber angst. No kryber smexy time, dead Amber, NO KRYBER TOGETHER and so on..  lol

So who's ready for The Slayer 2?? lol kidding, but really, I already have some plots in my head.. I just need to decide if Im going to write it or not considering I still have tons of fics to work on. Oh well.. I'll decide when I finish the rest of my fics again.

So till then..

Ciao guys..

 

 

 

GrandpaBacon,

ing Out.

 

(now Im off to sleep, night guys)