Kabanata 28

The Slayer

"In your respective seats please." Mrs. Myers came in the classroom with folder files in her and. "Ms. Liu is sick and she wont be around till next week, she had just called in for a sick leave and she asked me to give you these hand outs that she wants you to go over with till she comes back, she'll be expecting your work on her desk next monday. She advised to keep your free subject for the next days occupied with this activity and she firmly said that anyone failed to pass their work will get an F for this term." With nothing more to say Mrs. Myers head out of the room.

"Ms. Liu had been sick twice this month now." Sehun took notice. "Something isnt right here. What do you think Lu?"

Luhan shrugged his shoulders. "I dont know, Teachers can be sick too you know."

"But twice a month? Am I the only one who thinks suspiciously of Ms. Liu."

"You never really liked her in the first place Sehun." That made Sehun scoffed at his brother. "Thats because she looks at Krystal like she's a meat or something." It was almost a whisper but Luhan and I heard it. 

Sometimes Sehun's shyness can be cute too. Just like now. He said it like a jealous boyfriend.

"If there is indeed very odd about Ms. Liu I'd know now once I saw her." I told them and they all gave me a knowing nod.

One of our classmates gave our file folders and started doing our activities after making our chairs facing each other. Its easier to work together than doing it alone.  But my mind was somewhere else... to Amber. After I ditched her yesterday, Im sure she felt bad about it but getting sick because of a cancelled date, there's no chance it's because of that. She was okay last friday when she walked me home. I send her a message asking her if she's okay and the rest of my class ended without a message from her that only made me worry more.

 

"Krys, were are you going?" Sehun asked, gripping my bag's strap.

"I need to go to the library I forgot I need to do some research."

"Reseach about what? We dont have any homeworks, ohh wait are you going to search about demons? We'll come with you."

I waved my hand at them, "No.. Its okay I'll be fine and besides Auntie Oh expects you to be home early today."

"Ohh right, right. Are you sure youre okay to go alone? With all this things happening around?" I only nodded, "I'll ask Uncle Yunho to pick me up and if something ever happen, im sure Jessica would know and would teleport wherever I am."I told them, assuring that it'll be fine for them to leave me alone for now.

"Alright then. Call me when you arrive home?" I nodded at Sehun before he ruffled my hair. "Stay safe okay?"

Sehun seemed he's been gaining muscles from exercising, he's body is firmer and more shaped now. He's gone taller too and a little more mascular than before.

 

 

 

 

****************************************

 

 

"We shouldnt have waited for her to blossom this much Father." A man kneeling down in front of a thrown said while having his head down and eyes darted on the floor. He cringed as another man's voice echoed the place.

"You dont get to have a say on things my son. Do as your told."

"Yes, father." The man rose upon the floor and before he could turn the doorknob, "Son, dont fail me."

"I'll try father." The man who was sitting on the thrown smirked, showing his pointed teeth.The smirk wear off as the closing of the door was heard. "Make sure he do what I told him to do."

"Yes, my Lord."

 

 

 

**************************************

 

 

 

"Amber? Are you inside? Can I come in?" No one answered. Krystal knocked again. "Amber? Please open the door."

"Krystal? Is that you?" Amber's voice was hoarse and I heard her put her hand on the door. 

"Yeah its me, can I come in?" Amber didnt open the door.

"Sorry Krystal but Im.. i dont feel like having anyone beside me right now specially you, I dont want you to catch a cold too."

"Please?"

"Krystal, sorry, really.. I just want to be alone right now.."

"Are you hiding a girl inside your apartment?" I laughed at that. "Sorry, I was just kidding. Okay, I'll head home now, be well?"

"Yeah.. I'll talk to you as soon I feel better. Are you mad?"

"Are you?" I asked back and Im sure Amber got the message.

"No, why would I? Family comes first, its okay, I understand. Go home now its getting dark."

"I.. I miss you.." I giggled, as butterflies started to fly inside my stomach.

"I missed you too."

 

 

 

*****************************************

 

 

 

I decided to go to a store nearby Amber's apartment to buy some ice cream that I could eat on my way home. The line was so long but I didnt mind waiting in queue since Amber and I kept on exchanging messages till she told me that she's going to sleep at the same time I reached the counter.

I wasnt able to talk to Amber on the phone yesterday because of all the story telling that happened and I cant use my phone that much without arising any suspicions from the twin since they know Im not much of a phone user.

As soon as I left the store I felt different. The air became a little cooler and eerie. It gave me goosebumps and fear started to crawl inside my body. For no other reason, I just felt scared.. Yes.. Im scared right now and I dont know why. The feeling of someone watching me was overwhelming that I started looking around, but no one's actually walking the streets.

I shrugged the feeling off and tried to push the fear at the back of my mind. I started walking but kept my guard on,clenching my phone and started looking for my sister's phone number. Just in case, she can be here within a split of second.

My body suddenly froze, as if a force waspreventing my legs to move. My hands became heavy and the bag fell and the ice cream and chocolates I bought scattered on the ground.

My heart was pounding so hard as I started panicking. My eyelids shut closed and i felt my body lost its balance but I didnt fell on the ground instead someone.. someone caught my body and held it. I caught some of his scent and I never had smelled someone so delicious like this, just like flowers that was left to dry under the sun.. Yeah.. Thats how he smelled of.

"Im sorry." He said and I felt him tilted my head and kissed my neck. "Just one sip. One sip.." His voice was luring me in. It was making me high as if electricity was running over my body. I waited.. I waited for him to do what he was about to do but nothing happened and the next thing I heard was a loud growl before I felt the cold cement of the road underneath me.

I tried opening my eyes and I saw a big black dog..

"Yuri.." I was able to mutter before I lost conciousness.