Kabanata 18

The Slayer

My eyes shot open.. Beads of sweats on my forhead and my clothes was drenched with it.

I felt so exhausted.. so drained.. so tired.. 

It was the same dream again.. For the last three weeks it had been that dream all over again, but the thing is this time, I was the one being bitten and ripped into pieces by those wolves and vampires. 

I felt how their fangs and canine sunked deep in my skin, how my blood was dry and my muscles and bones have being tore apart and chewed on.

I asked for help in my dreams but no one came though a lot of people have gathered around and watched how life slowly slipped away from me.. Their eyes were intently settled upon me but never did dared to reach out for my hand and helped me.

I saw smirks casted on their lips as if they were enjoying the whole scene. 

I could feel myself dying.. and when I closed my eyes in my dreams after a man have voice out that Im going to die, thats when I woke up.

Clenching my heart, I pushed myself to sit up. I suddenly felt thirtsy. Its only 3 am, just like the other nights. It has been like that since the first dream started and it seems like its not going to stop..

"What could those dreams mean?" I muttered to myself before standing up and walked down the stairs to the kitchen.

 

I took the pitcher and filled my glass with water and turned to leaned my back on the fridge. I stood frozen, the glass slipped frommy hand and a loud glass shattering sound echoed against the walls of the house. It was so silent that I could even hear my breathing after the pieces of the glass spattered on the floor.

A big black dog - a werewolf- was standing right outside our backyard.. I could see his his eyes beaming red under the moonlight, staring straight back at me.

 

Is it real?

The first thing I thought and asked myself.

 

"Krys.. Krystal?" I heard my sister's voice coming from the stares and I swear I only turned my head for a second and when I looked out of the window, the dog, the werewolf was gone.

I clenched my shirt, trying to calm my heart and stopping it from beating so heart.

 

"My god Krystal, what happened?" Jessica said, evading the pieces of glass on the floor. "Your hands are freezing cold. You look so pale." She had the light as she came in and behind her was Uncle Yunho that I havent seen since last week.

"What happened here?" Uncle Yunho asked and look at the window when I pointed my finger at. "Did you saw something outside?" I only nodded, my lips are trembling and I think my voice got caught up on my throat. "But there's nothing out there honey."

 

Was it real or am I just still sleepy that my mind was playing with my eyes?

I asked myself.

"You just probably saw a cat and you scared yourself, having another nightmare?" She asked, she doesnt need me to answer cause after being awoken by my screams for the last three weeks, Jessica seems like she had gotten used to the fear scribbled across my face and with just one look she knew Im having nightmares again. But today is definitely something different, I just saw one that seems like it came out right from my dream just earlier. And the thought of it being true just slapped me on my face and left me speechless.

I felt my sister pulled me back to my bed and tucked me under my blanket before scooting in beside me. She held my hands and lulled me back to sleep. She sang me a song that I have never heard before, she said I love that song when I was still four and I guess its true cause midway of the song, I felt myself drifting back to sleep.

 

 

*********************************************

 

I felt disturbed.. My thoughts are all disrupted and having Ms. Amber speaking in the background for lone two hours first thing in the morning wasnt really helping at all. She started avoiding me after that incident back at her apartment and I didnt bothered talking to her either, if she needs to be alone and far from me, then she'll have all the space and time she wanted, I'll just wait for her to come to me and start with her story but til then, I'll just stay focus on what i have in hand which I really dont have any idea what. The dreams, the vampire that couldve killed me too with Chloe and that dog.. I mean that werewolf at our backyard. What could that all meant?

My head hurts everytime I try to guess, think or connect whatever it is that has happened, oh lets include that wierd and suspicious man who's always around before I faint. They all started after my parents died, but I cant see any connections..

I knew I shouldve just stayed home, I knew I shouldve just made up excuses that Im sick or something so Jessica wouldve let me stay on my bed. I knew I shouldve told my sister what I saw last night but would she believe me?

The only ew people who only listens and believes me were Amber and the twin. I cant tell anything about the dogs to Amber since she only knows about the vampire and I doubt if she would even give her time to listen to my crap while the twins, I need to wait till we're alone.

 

*******************************************

 

"What you saw a were-asfghsjkhf" The words came out muffled as his twin put his hand over Sehun's mouth to prevent him from telling the whole University that Krystal is a lunatic.

"Can you not be more obvious?" I mused, I dont really feel sociable today probably because of the scenario early this morning and that its messing up with my head and I dont know whats all these things thats happening around me and lately, Amber included.

Sehun looked around, embarrased that we have now everyone's attention he muttered a soft "Sorry."

"But it could be just something right? I mean 3 am in the morning, you just came from an exhausting nightmare and its dark outside.. It could be just your mind playing games on you.." Luhan tried to reason out.

"I know what I saw Lu.. And all these dreams that correlates one another, the vampire? And now its the werewolf. Its must be telling me something right? Atleast something?" 

Luhan shook his head. "I dont know Krys.. Its all too fiction-y if you ask me, but I know youre not just making all this up. I believe you." 

"We do." Sehun nodded his head vigorously taking my hands into his. Im so lucky to have friends like these two. They never once judged me nor tried to change me and accepted me wholeheartedly just as I am with no rules and conditions. Theyre like my brothers from another mother or as the saying goes like that. And Im so thankful that they believed me and tries to help me figure these things out. They had once asked me why I didnt went to Jessica or to my uncle for help and the only answer I gave them was, "You knew me better that they do."

"We need to find someone who can interpret dreams or something like that.." Luhan suggested tapping his chin as he layed his back on his chair.

"But how?" Sehun and I both asked at the same time.