Kabanata 27

The Slayer

I was awoken by the smell of bacon grizzling over heated butter. It made my stomach churn in hunger as it grumbled. I opened my eyes and was greeted by Sehun's face so close to mine. We we're only an inch apart and I could almost see his pores with our proximity. I pulled back a little and brushed some strands of Sehun's blonde hair off his forehead. I giggled, I find it really cute whenever Sehun's brows were squeezed to his nose bridge as if he was having some sort of discomfort.

Sehun can be really cute sometimes, he's playful and can be serious sometimes and when he does he looks so handsome. Lets just say I know how to appreciate my bestfriends' beauty. Luhan too can be adorable sometimes expecially when he's on a bickering mode with his twin. They pretty much bring each other's best out in a cute way that only I can witness.

He stirred and truned to his left, pulling his arms off my waist. Ilooked up t the couch and saw Luhan still sleeping. Its only 4 am and we still have more time before school. 

I pushed myself off the floor and went to the source of the delicious smell of food, there was my sister busying herself in front of the burner.

"You woke up early." My sister said without truning to see who it was. Being a werewolf does have its own advantages, I guess.

"I got hungry." I sat myself on the dining table. "Where's Yuri?"

"She left already. You want milk?" I hummed as an answer.

I watched her moved along the kitchen counter, she looks somuch like mom and it wouldve been so fun if she was around when I was growing up. The house mustve been filled with more laughter and smiles if she was here. Dad probably been more strict with her than me and mom couldve taught her her precious recipes. It wouldve been nice to grow up with her beside me.

My heart clenched at that sudden realization, of those couldve been's and wouldve been's if only Jessica wasnt been separated to us. If only that incident didnt happen..

I dragged my feet towards my sister and hugged her from behind. "Im sorry Jess."

Jessica stiffened for a moment and put the milk box down on the counter. She then placed her hand on top of mine and squeezed it.

"Things happen for a reason Krys. I wouldnt have met Yuri if it didnt happen."

"But still.."Jessica turned and cupped my cheeks. "Its over and done Krys, I never regretted anything. And Im sure if it was me, you'll do the same thing too, right?" I was about to open my mouth to saye more but she put a finger on it, shushing me.

"Its fine Krys.. Dont feel bad about it."

 

"Im a werewolf too."

"Wait what? You said youre a half blood angel, why are you a werewofl?" I asked, confused.

"She's still half human Krystal and human's blood can still be infected by demon's venom." Uncle Yunho was the one who answered.

"Remeber the accident that you dont remember?" I nodded.

"It has something to do with that, actually all this has something to do with that and its hard to explain things or ask things when you dont remember any of that. Its actually disturbing that after 14 years you still cant remember anything even after you saw me now." She paused and stared at me. "Ohh well, I guess I need to tell you this anyway. I was around 9 and you were four. We were still living back then in Scotland where Dad's last job was. We we're playing out in the nearby park while we waited for mom to pick us up from school when it happened. I didnt noticed you left my side when I bought you ice cream and the next thing I heard was your scream. I ran to the woods were you were lying on the ground bleeding. I was guessing you tripped and fell that time that's why youre arms were wounded. When I picked you up, we were surrounded by big dogs, that time I thought they were normal so I shooed them away but as soon as they showed their canine teeth that's when I panicked. That time, my powers are only limited. I can only teleport few feet away and with you uncouncious in my arms makes it hard for me to will my power to its maximum so we end up being trapped by those wolves. I guess it was your blood that lured them in. That ime I have no knowledge yet of our bloodline or demons. That time I thought having powers like mine was just a gift and I never did tried to tell our parents cause I was scared and stupid of me that time cause I shouldve told them. If they knew that I was in the middle of transfiguration, they couldve got us some protector. So yeah.. We got trapped and I tried so hard to keep them away from you and in the end they caught me and bit me. I thought I was dying from pain as the metamorphosis started as soon as their venom mixed with my human blood, it was excruciatingly painful but not as painful seeing you lying there on the ground bleeding while the werewolves surrounded you with all their hungry eyes eating you alive. I saw angels coming in and enveloping you with their wing before I lost my conciousness that time and when I woke up we were back at home and you were crying a lot, you dont know me anymore even, mom and dad, you dont know us anymore."

I felt Sehun held my hands. I could feel my tears swelling up from my eyes and as it rolled down my cheeks. How could I not remember the person who saved me, who risked her life to save me? I feel terrible.

Jessica walked up to me and reached over to wipe my tears away, she smiled befoe continuing, "That day I found out everything about our ancestors. Us being Angels in connection with my power, our blood line, our destiny, and the demons. That day I also found out that I was no longer one of the potentials and you were chosen to fill in for me but you were still young back then so mom and dad decided to go to the elders in the U.S to ask if they could leave you out of the draft but the elders only said it wasnt theirs to decide. The elders decided to send you back here in Korea since you were having mental and emotional breakdown whenever you sees me and I was left behind to study and learn how to control my demon part. 14 years and Im still having a hard time controlling that part of me, that's why Yuri followed me here. She's the only one who can control me when Im in my wolf form but the good thing was it only happens once a month and when its full moon. So basically I can transform twice a month if there's a full moon."

"Why did mom and dad didnt told me anything about this?"

"I guess because youre a dormant angel like Dad thats why they thought you dont have to know any of these and you never showed any powers so they mustve thought you will never be chosen."

"When.. When you became a werewolf, will you.. Will you know who I am?"

"When its not full moon..I might. Like what I said, I cant still control my demon form that well unlike Yuri who is a full breed werewolf, born and raised as one. She can control my form more than myself."

"Thats because Im her mate." Yuri butted in, proud to say that she's my sister's better half.

"But, you said you were engaged already was she.." 

"No she's not." Jessica cut Luhan off. "My fiance is an angel. So crazy it may sound I have two mates."

"Wow.." Sehun muttered in awe. "All this information.. God.. I never thought this could all be real, I mean I can only see this in movies.."

"We'll wether you like it or not.. Youre surrounded by supernatural beings.."

 

"Im sorry that I cant still remember anything Jess.." I said as we were now both sitting on the dining table sipping my milk and her coffee.

"Its okay, I guess you chose to forget all that since its nothing good to keep them in your memory."

"No.. Im sorry for forgetting you."

Jessica smiled and reached over for my hand. "We can always make new memories together Krys. Lets start today."