Kabanata 2

The Slayer

The police came minutes after Luhan called them,sirens wailed around the town as it stopped infront of my house, calling everyone's attention.

Me and the twins were sitting in my doorsteps waiting for the police to arrive. Sehun held me in his arms and didnt let go even when the police started talking to me, asking me questions.

"Hi Miss Jung. Im Officer Henry Lau. I'll just ask some question. Its needed for the report." I just nodded at him.

"Do you have any suspects who could have possibly did this to your parents?" The officer asked, he was scrribling something in his pocket note. I shook my head.

"How long have you been staying at this house?" 

"Since before I was born officer."

"And you dont know someone who has a motive or holds a grudge against your parents?"

I shook my head, I felt Sehun squeezed my hands. "No sir.. My parents are both good people. They wont even hurt a fly." I started tearing up again, Sehun pulled me closer if that was possible. I hold onto him for support as my knees was getting weaker with every seconds passed.

"Auntie and Uncle Jung were the most noble person Ive ever met sir. I dont think anyone here in the neighborhood would go against my statement. Ive known them even before I learn to talk." Sehun said.

"And who're you young man?" Officer Lau asked.

"Im Oh Sehun sir, that.." He pointed at Luhan who was talking to Officer Lau's partner. "That's my twin Luhan. We're the ones who called you sir. We arrived here with Krystal and we're the first ones to see the.."Sehun trailed off and Officer Lau just nodded, scribbling down his pocket notebook.

"Thanks for the informations Ms. Jung..I would love to have your personal statement in the precinct tomorrow morning and we will do everything we can to solve this crime. Rest assured that the SPD will do everything to help you attain the justice for your parents." Officer Lau closed his note and put it on his back pocket. "Do you have any close relatives in the town? I could give you a ride there."

I shook my head. "All my relatives lives abroad."

"She can stay with us temporarily till her relatives arrive. We can call them for her." Sehun offered.

"Okay. I see. See you in the precinct tomorrow Ms. Jung. Im sorry for your loss." He said as he took his cap and bowed to me.

I saw stretchers coming out of my house. I cant hold my tears as it gush out from my eyes. The sight of my parents dead bodies being pushed towards the ambulance is painful..

How did this happen to my parents? Why them? There's a lot of bad people in the world, why my parents? Who's stupid bastard can do this to my parents?

As the ambulance left.. The reality hit me harder..

Im alone now..

 

 

"Kryssie.. Honey.." I heard Mrs. Oh said as she took me in her arms. "Im sorry honey.. Im sorry.."

She said and for the nth time that afternoon.. I cried.. I let my tears fell endlessly across my cheeks, drenching Mrs. Oh's blouse.

"We'll find the bastard who did this to your parents Krys.. We'll find him." I felt Sehun carressed my back and Luhan carressed my hair, both were trying to ease the pain..

 

 

 

 

For days I was restless.. I barely eat, I barely talk, I refused to go to school and the twins stayed by my side since the incident. They never left me, they were afraid that I'll do something bad so they chose to stay at home with me even if we never talk. They just stayed beside me, hugging me, making me feel that Im not alone.. That theyre here with me and they wont leave my side.

I knew that.. its just too painful for me still. With just a snap I lost my parents. If only I knew that I wont get to see them that afternoon, I shouldve hugged my parents and kissed them as I left the house. I shouldve told them I love them. I shouldve..

"Krys.." I could hear the sorrow in Sehun's voice as he called out my name. He, too, was crying beside me. "Please come back to us Krys.. Im begging you." He my cheeks with his thumb, wiping my tears away.

For the past days, I would just end up crying nomatter what I do or even when Im not doing anything. I'll just break down and cry. I wont even know I was already crying till someone wiped my tears away..

I felt numb.. I felt cold..

I felt broken..

"Krys.. Im begging you.." Sehun said and enveloped me with his lean arms. I was sitting on the floor hugging my knees onto my chest. I felt like a kid.. A lost kid who doesnt know my way back or where Im heading.

I felt detached to the world..

I felt hopeless..

I felt helpless.

I felt Sehun kissed the top of my head. "Come back to me Krys.. Come back to me.."

I sobbed onto his chest recklessly, not caring how loud I am.. "Sehun.." I managed to say.. The first word Ive said for days was his name..

"Im here Krys.. Im right here.."