Kabanata 31

The Slayer

"Feed."

"I dont want to."

"You have no other choice."

"I do."

"Stop being stubborn or you'll lose yourself again. Now feed."

 

 

************************************

 

 

"Sehun's still sick?" I said, glancing over Luhan's shoulder as he arrived the room, looking for his twin.

"He's become worse than yesterday." Luhan gravely answered. "I think he overdone himself." I can see how he tried to look cheerful desfite how he felt. Im sure whatever Sehun's goin through with his illness, Luhan can feel it too. He looks so drained and tired.

"That guy. I told him its unnecessary, he still continue? Remind me to smack his head once he's better."

"He'll do anything for you Krystal." The weight of those words suddenly hit me along with its hidden meaning. Sure, I can feel Sehun's special treatment for me. I can sometimes see how he looks at me adoringly, how he makes sure Im always happy and that he cares for me. Its overwhelming but I cant really say the same for me. There's no spark or anything other than I.. he's my bestfriend and that's all I can offer. And besides Im committed now.

Im not saying he's not a boyfriend material cause he is. He'll be the most perfect guy a girl can meet and Im actually thankful that he's into me, and you can call me selfish but I dont really want him to have a girlfriend or another girl to pamper, its just that I tend to get jealous so easily. But I wont be fair to him if I'll lead him on to something, right? He's my bestfriend, so thats exactly how Im treating him.

 

 

**************************************

 

 

"Let me guess? She kicked you out? Oh no wait, her fiance is coming?" Yuri clenched her jaw. Her brother really do know where and how to hit her hard on the face.

Shaking his head, Jiyoung, Yuri's brother walked up to her and flung his shoulders at her sister. "What did I tell you my dear little sister? You two can never be together. She's a born-Angel Yuri. She cant turn her back on her kind, just like how you can never turn your back on our pack."

"Shut up. She's my mate. And no matter what her bloodlines make her do she'll always turn to a werewolf every full moon and thats what only matters to me." Yuri said, balling her fists, her nails dugging into her skin.

"Tell me my dear sister? Is your bondmate only once a month thing for you?" Jiyoung laughed in mockery patting his sister shoulders but before he left he said something that made Yuri weigh things over again.

"Bondmate isnt something we share with anyone Yuri. If she is yours then take her, make her yours. Stop being pathetic. You can kill the bastard. What's holding you back?"

 

 

*************************************

 

 

Nothing seems normal for me anymore. Whenever I walk on the streets, I'll see a supernatural being around. Theyre quite good in blending in actually. A human eye cant tell theyre out of ordinary. They act and talk just like a normal human being. And as days passed, im getting used seeing a lot of them around, that unlike before I always find myself staring at them weirdly and scared.

Good thing I have two bestfriends and a girlfriend who's human, an actual and normal human. And though I am an Angel, a dormant at that, and have powers that Ive yet to discover, atleast Ive got some people who makes my life a little less crazy.

"Oh Sehun? Not here? Oh Luhan? Absent? Ms. Krystal Jung?" I stood up as my girlfriend called my name.

"Yes Ms. Liu?"

"The twins had been absent for three consecutive meetings. Do you know why?" Amber's voice was stern and no hint of playfulness that she only uses whenever we're alone and I actually hates it whenever she uses this tone at me. But ofcourse, after class she always apologize with a little kiss and groping here and there.

We havent been alone since then, she always had this excuse that she's busy and whenever I drop by her apartment she isnt home. I dont want to think badly of her but her actions says otherwise. I just hope she isnt playing me or cheating on me behind my back cause I trusts her.

"Mrs. Oh called me earlier, the twins are sick Ms.Liu." She thanked me and she head on to start our new lesson.

 

 

*************************************

 

 

"Who are you and how did you get inside our house?" I asked at the man who's standing in the middle of our living room. He was wearing some clothes that almost resembles what Uncle Yunho was wearing the first time I saw him, like the one in aristocrats of Europe only wears.

"I believe youre Krystal Jung. Im Jay Park. Your sister's fiance." He said and bowed slightly. "Its a pleasure to finally meet the chosen one."

"You do know what's the door is for right Jay?" I was startled to hear my sister's voice all of a sudden. Right, I forgot, she can teleport whenever and wherever she wants. "Jess dont sneak on me like that, you'll give me a heart attack."

"Yeah sorry."

"Long time no see Jessica."

"Dont over exxagerate things Jay, Ive only been out of your sight for three months. And how I wish it can be longer than that."

"I missed you too Jessica." Jay turned to me and said with all astonishment, "She's adorable, isnt she?"