Kabanata 21

The Slayer

"Where's Sehun?" I asked as I saw only Luhan taking his usual seat beside me. 

"At home, sick. Barely opened his eyes this morning." Luhan said wearily. Somehow the connection between twins was true that the other can feel whatever discomfort the other feels. Luhan and Sehun is the proof of it. Sehun was the one sick yet Luhan looked sick too.

"Still? He's been sick for days already."

"Here." He handed me a piece of paper. "I cant believe Ive been downgraded from a bestfriend to being just the messenger." He whined as he rested his chin over his palm, I stuck my tongue out at him, acting cutely. Luhan just cringed his brows at me with portruded lips.

Sehun and I kept exchanging messages on a piece of paper instead on our phones, Luhan said he was so sick that he cant even hold his phone properly so he made Luhan write whatever he needs to tell me. That habt started the first day Sehun got sick. Luhan told me not to come by the house cause his twin will surely go berzerk if I saw him at such state. I dont know whats the deal this time, its not like I havent seen that guy sick before. "He gets shy more around you than before." That's what Luhan always tells me whenever I ask why. Seriously, we've been friends for so long, what is there to be shy about? I already saw them .. well, almost.

 

 

Im sorry Im not around again today but as soon as I get back on my feet I'll help you with things but for now please dont go meet that woman till Im well. I want to be there when she started dream reading okay?

 

 

"That's all?" Luhan only nodded. Usually, his message would take a whole lot of space. He'd tell me to eat a lot, rest, and stop thinking things and what's not.. 

"He fell asleep after he said that then I rushed over here."

"Did Officer Lau called you again?" I shook my head as I wrote a reply on the back of the note.

"He's busy with some missing girl case again."

"You think its related about your parents? Its been the second incident after Chloe. You think its the vampires?" He whispered his last word, not wanting for some of our classmates to hear it.

"Not sure but if ever it is, Officer Lau will tell me. And besides, there could be more than one vamp around town." 

I looked at him and saw him as he rested her back onto his chair. He really looks so much like Sehun but less manly and more the serious type.

Without Sehun, it felt different. Sehun was the playful one and without him Luhan was incomplete, no one to tease and bicker with. Its Sehun who brings out the playful side of Luhan and without him, Im stuck with Mr. Uptight.

"I still dont trust him."

I told them what Officer Lau had told me and unlike me they doubted why Officer Lau said something about it. They said it was too suspicious.

But I trusted him. His tears that day made me trust him. Its genuine and we both can symphatize with each other cause we both lost our family the same way, horrible.

And besides he wont gain anything if he lied to me, right?

 

 

 

**************************************

 

 

"Ms. Jung? Do you have time after your last class today?" I was putting my things inside my bag when I heard Ms. Amber called me. "I need your help with something." 

I heard my classmates whispered things I cant understand. Some girls were glaring at me and the boys looked at me questioningly.

"Ahh no, Im free after 5 Ms. Liu."

"Great. I'll just see you in my office then, Ms. Jung." With no more words said, Ms. Amber went out of the room and luhan asked me what could be the reason why Ms. Amber want my help with which I only shrugged my shoulders pretending not to know what it is.

But I think I have an idea already.

Its been weeks since she last talked to me and even stared right back at me.

I see her three times a week for 2 hours a day. I could hear her voice but it feels like she's so far away to the point that I missed her.

I felt the butterflies churn inside my stomach a I walked towards Ms. Amber's office.. Just like how I felt the first time she stood in front of me so close.. Just like the first time she invaded my personal space and pinned me to the wall and kissed me in the bathroom. Just like the way I was so nervous back then. But in a different way that I cant put my tongue on.. And Im sure its because I'll be hearing the part of the story where she'll tell me she loved a girl named Yoona so much.

 

 

"Follow me?" It wasnt an order but rather a polite question. I stepped aside from the door and let her walk ahead of me. She lead us along the school's hallways and around the building. She pushed the door of the greenhouse and made me go in first. The smell of flowers and soil greeted me. It was overwhelming. 

"Sorry. Ive been so distant lately. I didnt mean to avoid you or anything.. I just.. I just want to make sure Im ready to open up a part of me Ive tried so hard to hide." She started picking up a rose from the pot.

"Is that legal?" I asked her. The agricultural class would kill us if they knew someone's picking up their flowers.

"Its okay as long as you wont tell." She took my hand and placed the flower in it.

"Yoona.. She was.." She started but I cut her off. "Its okay you really dont owe me any explanation."

"Actually I do. My brother came to see you and told you things. It all has something to do with Yoona and you. I know you heard him when he said you two were look alike. And thats true." Amber said, her eyes never left our hand that was still connected with the rose in between. Her touch was light, preventing the thorns to wound me.

"You look so much like her that the first time I saw you I thought she was you. I tried so hard not to fall for you thinking that its just because you look like her thats why I got attracted to you and obviously I failed. You were... You're too young for me.. Too young but you made me fall for you Krystal Jung..Lets just say you came at the right time when I was starting to pick up the pieces of my broken heart. " She smiled, let my hand go and walked passed me. I turned to stare at her back as she continued. " Yoona was..She was the first h.. girl I love and she was taken away from me. Donghae.. He killed her. I let him killed her.. Yoona's death caused me so much pain, something I thought I dont have inside me. I didnt know what pain was till I lost her. For years Ive been misserable..I killed Yoona. It was because of me thats why she's dead now." She paused and walked towards the bench in the middle of the green house. She patted the empty space there, telling me to come and sit. And I did.

"Yoona and I live in different worlds. She's heaven and Im hell. She's an angel and Im.. I came from a cruel family.. people consider us as monsters and I knew they were right. its true. We're monsters. My family kills people for the fun of it and whenever they though there's a threat for us. I was born in that kind of family. Yoona came and became my light. She was my light with all the darkness that had surrounded me. She showed me that I can be better. That I dont have to be like my family that I can make a difference for my life. My parents didnt like the idea that we're in love with each other so they sent my brother to take Yoona away from me. I lost the girl I loved so much and I cant even be mad to my brother because of that. My family were the wealthiest and the most powerful in our country so no one can go against them, I was no exclusion. Im nothing against my family. Donghae, out of his guilt, he took me out of hell and sent me far away from home, where my parents doesnt know where, but the world is too small for us. They always find a way to know where I am."

She took my hand and intertwined our fingers. "My family believes I could change the world we're living in.  So much for high hopes I guess thats why they always interfere with my life. We're faccing a huge problem right now and they think I could help them."

"Are they marrying you off or something?"

She chuckled. "Or something."

"I dont want them to hurt you too Krystal. Im too in love with you to let something bad happen to you."

"You only knew me for almost two months, how can you easily say youre in love with me?"

"I just know I am."

Silence took over us. Her hands were so cold, probably because it was sweating so much and I know how great of a deal it is for her to say things about her past. My heart felt happy that she shared a tragic yet very precious part of her past with me.

"Do you really think they'd kill me too?" I asked as if that's the most natural thing to ask at the moment.

"But I'll protect you Krystal.. No matter what."