Kabanata 24

The Slayer

"Will you please calm down Krystal? Youre making us dizzy." I heard my Uncle said. He and the twin were now sitting on the couch while Im still phasing the floor. Not knowing what to think.

"How can I calm down Uncle. My god. Youre glowing in bright bluish light.. How can I calm down?" I said, flailing my hands in front of me making my point. "You should start explaining things to me Uncle."

"I want to wait for your sister but I guess this cant wait." Uncle Yunho stood up and pushed me to sit in between the twins. "Okay, but first how did the twins get involved?"

Sehun and Luhan turned to me as the question was throwned at us. "Ahh.. Well.. I kind of.. told them?"

"You told them?" Uncle Yunho's voice raised a notch.

"What? Its not like I can tell you everything right? I dont know you that well." I retorted

"Yeah and obviously you dont trust us." Uncle's voice became softer. "Sorry, I shouldnt have yelled like that. Its just, we cant involve human in this. Its too dangerous for them."

"Too late Uncle, theyre in this now and besides I dont keep secrets from them just like they dont hide things from me."

"Okay.. Okay.. Does anyone else know?" I shook my head. "Ohh wait Officer Lau knows something, his family were killed by vampires and he assumes my parents were too."

"No.. No..What I meant is, does anyone else knows about you.." I shook my head, thinking that Amber doesnt know any of my dreams and the werewolf and what happened today aside from that one incident with Chloe. "No, just the twins."

"Good. Okay.. where should I start.." Uncle said tapping his chin..

"You could start with what are you.." I suggested.. He opened his mouth to talk but the doorbell rang.

"I think that's our mom.." Luhan and Sehun said at the same time.

"Lets just continue this later.."

 

 

 

 

*************************************

 

 

 

"Yah Sehun, thats not how you peel a carrot." Luhan shouted at his brother who rataliated , "Why dont you peel it yourself then? God, so perfectionist this guy."

We're all in the kitchen preparing for our lunch. It has been a yearly tradition of my family and the twins' to cook together when its my birthday and the twins' birthday which will be in ten days after mine.

"Kids, lets try not to argue with knives on our hands, shall we?" Mrs. Oh said cutting some meat for her carbonara. "Krystal, my dear can you please stir the pasta, thanks."

"Uncle Yunho could start mixing up some juices."

"Yeah, on it."

"Yah Sehun.. You peel like an idiot you know that?"

"I'll skin you alive Luhan if you dont shut up, im trying to focus here."

"Twins.."

"Sorry Mom."

"Uncle Yunho can you pass me the strainer?"

The door opened and my sister announced her presence. "Hey, I brought additional hand for help. And we have the cake. So what can we do?"

"Well, you could start preparing the ta.." I lost my grip on the strainer and it fell on the floor causing a loud bang, gathering everyone's attention. Luhan and Sehun gave me a knowing look while Uncle Yunho just shrugged his shoulders.

"Are you okay honey?" Auntie Oh asked,holding my hand.

"Im okay Auntie, its nothing.. The strainer just slipped from my hand." I said picking up the strainer and resuming what I was doing earlier.

"Okay girls, Jessica and what's your name honey?" 

"Yuri. My name's Yuri.."

"You girls can do the table while we finish all this up."

 

 

 

 

 

*****************************************

 

 

 

The food was long consumed and everyone was now comfortably sitting on the couch while watching one of the new releases movie for this month with me being squeezed in between my sister and Auntie Oh, Yuri on the floor beside my sister's legs, Uncle Yunho and the twins were situated and laying on the floor like puppies.

I pulled my sister by her sleeves and whispered into her ear, "You have a lot of explaining to do."