Kabanata 16

The Slayer

A pack of big - very big - dogs have gathered under the awe-stricken glow of the full moon, no more than eight in numbers and fur colors varied from white to dark brown, and obviously have a unique physique that cant be mistaken as the same. Their Alpha with white fur and a little shade of gray on its neck howled, echoing around the grave place and rode along the cold breeze of the night's air.

The Alpha soon stopped and growled, showing his frightening length of canines as yet another big dog have appeared  from behind the bushes and unlike the others, its fur is as black as the night and its eyes were as dark as the sky but its iris were accentuated by a thin scarlet outline.

Binded by some inexplainable and invincible tie, everyone can feel what each other feel. As the Alpha firmly stand its ground and proudly towering above the rest meerly showing its superiority with which the other dogs let out whines and folded their ears, and surprisingly this black dog didnt.

'Youre not supposed to be here.' The Alpha communicated directly to the black dog mentally, another mystic powers that the magical creature owns. Telepathy, but it only works with their pack and when theyre in their most glorious form.

'But she's my mate, brother. You cannot deny that to me. I have imprinted myself to her much to your dislike and I cannot let you harm her. I wont let you harm her.' The black dog growled and the rest of the pack have showed their teeths as well, as if measuring whose more scarier with their canines out in the open.

'Enough. There's no use to fight amongst each other.' The Alpha had once again proven her superiority as it made the pack hid their tails between their legs.

'I'll let this intrusion slide this time sister, but the next time you interfere, I'll make sure you wont be able to walk the human world again.' The Alpha ordered for the group to retreat for the night and left his sister with a painful reminder.

'You cannot be with her.' 

 

 

*******************************************

"Ms. Liu is sick and wont be able to teach for your class, you will be asked to go to the Library for some activites Ms. Liu have requested and intructed you to do. Here are the handouts and kindly distribute it to the names writted at the back of each paper. I believe the hands outs are already capable to resort you with." Mrs. Myers said, and told us to do what we were told to do.

My mind was blank. Ms. Amber is sick and living alone must be giving her a hard time specially now with no one to attend her needs. At the moment, all I want to do is sprint out of the room and into Amber's apartment. But how can I do that without getting myself into detention or worst get myself suspended?

"Ohh Ms. Krystal Jung. The Dean would like to have a word with you." Mrs. Myers added before leaving the classroom.

Worry crept within me, did the excuse about Ms. Amber being sick is fake and the real issue here is my teacher have been fired because someone had tattle tale at us? And the Dean already knows our secret relationship and closed room ventures, and I'll be expelled?

My trains of thoughts have ceased as soon as I opened the office door and the Dean was rather smiling brightly at me contradicting to what I was thinking earlier. And when I roamed My eyes, I caught a glimspe of a  man I had never seen inside the campus before. He was probably not more than 35 years old but I can immediately tell that it was Amber's older brother. The face is a big give away including the cold aurs that Amber emits sometimes.

"You asked for me Dean?"

"Yes.. Yes.. Have a seat." Instructed the Dean before withdrawing himself from the room to give me and the man some privacy.

"Im sure youre just as clueless as I am so lets cut to the chase. I am Lee Donghae, Amber's older brother. And I want you to cut whatever affair you have." I was taken aback by the man's word. He knew whatever Amber and I has and he's asking me to stop it.

Now, now. I knew we just met, but for this circumstances to occur so suddenly was not something I ever expect in meeting Amber's brother. It was unbelievably crazy just like what I said in dramas that my mother watched before she died. He's already shooing me off without even trying to know me.

"Youre no good for her. So let her be and everyone can have their happy endings." It angered me more, how dare this man order and tell me what I should do. He's not in the place to say whatever he wants to say, just like that.

"Youre her student, she's your teacher. Amber wanted to teach thats why she's here. And I cannot have you ruining my sister's peaceful life."

"Is that all you want to say?" I asked him and when he nodded I continued. "I believe sir,what youre asking for me to do is impossible. I like your sister as much as she likes me and if there's someone you need to ask to leave someone, I think it should be Amber and not me, she is after all your sister."

"Thats the point, she's my sister and she'll never listen to me even how much I... I came here just to knock some sense on your brain.. but I guess I failed, it didnt work.." He stood up and placed his 1960th styled cap on his head. "Well then its nice talking to you Ms. Krystal Jung. Just a reminder though.. You and Amber can never be together, no matter how you two try to move heaven and earth.. You can never end up together." He said, stressing out the last sentence that it was echoing inside my head. He bowed slightly and left the room.

I let my knees fall on the floor, his words struck me like lightning bolt, fast and immensely painful. Just the tought of it, that I cant be with Amber.. It hurts..