Kabanata 4

The Slayer

The twins left us to talk inside Sehun's room so we could have privacy but Im sure they'll bombard me with questions after this. They, too, was surprised about the sudden information that was thrown at me, as if it was a cold water that was poured on us three. If I didnt know that I have a sister, they sure have no idea either. I mean, my parents have succeeded to keep that secret for a very long time. A very long time.

"We know you have questions and we have the answers, so hit it." Jessica, my sister sat beside me and crossed her legs. Oh god she's so prim and proper. Is she really my sister?

Uncle Yunho took a stool chair and sat himself in front of us. God they both look like royalty with the way they just sit, you sure can see theyre someone with high education and breeding.

"Ahhm.." I started, not knowing what to ask first since my head is filled with every possible question I can ask them.

"Go on,you can do it. Just open your mouth and ask. Dont worry we dont bite." Jessica chuckled. I dont know if she's teasing me but I sure find it offensive but yet I too chuckled a bit, its cute how she conveyed her encouragement.

"Jessica.. Stop scaring your sister." Uncle Junho reprimanded.

"As if this isnt enough to scare her."Jessica said twirling her index finger, pointing on each of us.

"Err.. I.. Im not scared." Jessica patted my head, smiling brightly. So is this how having a sister feels like? Safe and warm...

"Its just.. How come I never knew I have a sister? Sure dad mightve forgot to introduce you to me since I have never seen you in any of our family photo albums, but her?" I said pointing to the girl beside me just nodding her head.

"Something really bad happened when you were four, you lost your memory and you never got it back and you always cry whenever you see your sister Jessica so the family decided to separate you two. The incident have caused you severe memory lost and you were in a trauma for years. But I guess youve recovered from the trauma but you never got back your memory." Uncle Yunho explained. I somehow doubt that he's telling me the whole truth, somwhere along the line, I know he's hiding something more.

"What incident?" I felt Jessica patted my head.

"Even if we tell you now, you wont even remember and besides it doesnt matter anymore. Whats important is, I can be with you now without you crying and pushing me away." She said and hugged me. I could feel sincerity, love and warmth in her hug. "I missed you." She said and hugged me tighter.

Though I know nothing about this girl hugging me, I sure do feel some connection with her, as if at the back of my mind I really do know her and Ive been really close with her. I feel bad for her cause she's been living of misery for years being away from her real family. I mean its already hard and painful that something important about your life was kept a secret from you but its more excruciating if you knew about it yet you cant do nothing about it. It mustve been really hard for her. I hugged her back and I knew she smiled without needing to see her face.

"But one of these days, you need to tell me about that incident, it might actually trigger something for my memory to come back." Jessica nodded and promised, "We will when the time comes." She smiled and yet again, the feeling that theyre keeping something serious more than the incident itself crept within my veins.

I dont really know them that well, so being cautious wont hurt me right? I just need to keep my guards up,just in case theyve got some tricks up on their sleeves.

It was Uncle Yunho who broke the silence. "We know you dont fully trust us, we cant blame you after the things you just went through yet youre forced to accept something you have no knowledge of. But I give you my words Krystal.. I will tell you everything you need to know when the time comes."

I just nodded my head. Oh well, it seems that these two wont really say anything more so I decided not to pry anymore and just wait for that right time to come. Whenever that might be.

 

The next day was spent by getting to know more of each other. Uncle Yunho and the twins' parents went to my old house to fix it, clean and clear things that will only remind me of the incident. I was the one who insist to go back to the old house cause even after the incident, I dont want to go away from the house that Ive lived for, for years, despite the need to make myself fight the everyday pain of being in the house were my parents are killed. I just dont want to lose the only possession i have left of my parents and I guess Im mature enough to not have the same trauma back when I was four years old.

"What foods do you like to eat?" My sister asked as we were sitting on the dinning table while we wait for the twins to finish reheating the foods their mom have already prepared before leaving for my house.

"I love meat and pancakes. I can go over a week with just that two." I answered happily, when it comes to food, just mentioning meat and pancakes makes me happy.

"Ohh she sure does. And she can eat a whole bunch without gaining weight." Sehun butted in scooping the food into our plates on the island counter.

"Ohh she is? I cant eat more than what Im allowed to eat, it makes me go plump within seconds." My sister said, pouting cutely. I chuckled at the sight. Im more comfortable around her now and I somehow believed her when she said that we were really close when we're still together. Im sure it'll take time for me to fully entrust myself with her and my Uncle but Im sure i'll get there eventually after they tell me what I should know about the incident.

"Ohh please Ms.Jessica, youre not the type to gain a lot of weight by just eating one more meat or fatty food."

My sister chuckled. She's really cute when she does that. "I have a very special diet due to my very unlikely heath issues." She said and turned to me. "Youve got allergies?" 

I nodded. "Apples."

"Ohh so your like Snowhite." She smiled and when she saw our confused faces she continued, "Oh well, legends say that Snowhite didnt really got poisoned, she has some apple allergies that's why she fainted and fell into coma. Seriously what did those fairytales put in your heads?" 

We all laughed at that. We never knew that Snowhite has another version like that.

"I hate cucumbers. I cant stand its smell and it makes me wanna puke." She admitted. Her face lit up when I told her I hate cucmbers too.

"Ohh atleast that's something you didnt forget." She smiled widely. "You were two when Dad tried to feed you cucumbers,it was okay at first but when a spider landed on it and you ate it, you fell ill. So I guess your stomach have been conditioned to hate it for the rest of your life." She laughed at that. She sure do know some things about me. Like how Im very ticklish on my neck and my knees. Like how Im smelling everything and by everything she means everything which she was right. Well, those were the things that we both possess.

We continued talking our conversation started with food then went to how dad and mom was but as soon as she notice the grim on my face as I tell her things about them she changed the topic.

"You have a boyfriend?" It was Sehun who choked at the question. "Was it him?" My sister asked pointing at the boy sitting next to me who's having a hard time getting rid of the lump on his throat.

I shook my head. "Nope. Theyre my bestfriends."

"Its okay Sehun." Luhan said nodding his head that earned a pice of carrot on his face. His twin just threw the food at him.

"I dont have a boyfriend and no one's really trying to court me since Im not really good with socializing with people." I admitted. "How about you, Im sure you have a lot of admirers back in."

She smiled bitterly, "In America..Im already engaged."

"Judging from your look, you dont like the guy, do you?"It was Sehun who took notice. My sister just nodded.

"Oh well, the pain of being engaged to someone you dont love is lesser than having the one you love beside you but you cant be together for some stupid reasons."

We just nodded, not wanting to pry more we focused on our food.

 

My sister seems to be the strongest girl Ive ever met. Knowing that she have suffered for years being away from her family and not having the person she loves is really painful but she manages to smile despite all those things.

It makes me want to know more about her.